PDA

View Full Version : What if Popcultureshock collectibles have a King of Fighter line...

fengjun
03-09-2009, 10:15 PM
How hot would a Mai Shiranui be in a 1/4 PF form?
http://www.ncsxshop.com/images/products/large/1207/mai_shiranui_kinu_nishimura_shop.jpg

Ridimous
03-09-2009, 10:41 PM
Woah...she's hot. Jerry should do all the characters from Dead Or Alive.

Red X
03-09-2009, 10:55 PM
Sexy girl but I just don't see it having the draw that SF does, it's never been as popular.

fengjun
03-09-2009, 10:56 PM
Woah...she's hot. Jerry should do all the characters from Dead Or Alive.

lol She's not from Dead or Alive. King of the Fighters people. Maybe the video game is not quite as popular here in North America.

fengjun
03-09-2009, 10:57 PM
Sexy girl but I just don't see it having the draw that SF does, it's never been as popular.

KoF is more popular than SF in Asia. I grow up there, everyone played it. As I said probably not so popular here.

DeKind
03-09-2009, 11:13 PM
I'd like to see Jerry's talent expand to other genres seperate from sculpting the T&A of fighter games personally.

Vince-Vell
03-09-2009, 11:34 PM

I agree with you, growing up in the arcades everyone was always piled at the SF and MK machines. KoF had some people but near the end of the arcade era, KoF was found at more dinners and crapy shops then arcades.

Dont get me wrong some great character designs, but never got into their game play and the story never hooked me like SF.

fengjun
03-09-2009, 11:38 PM
I agree with you, growing up in the arcades everyone was always piled at the SF and MK machines. KoF had some people but near the end of the arcade era, KoF was found at more dinners and crapy shops then arcades.

Dont get me wrong some great character designs, but never got into their game play and the story never hooked me like SF.

Really? I always knew MK was popular here, but didn't know SF was too. Oh well, just thought maybe Jerry could expand his lines seeing how popular the SF PFs are.

Vince-Vell
03-09-2009, 11:44 PM
Really? I always knew MK was popular here, but didn't know SF was too. Oh well, just thought maybe Jerry could expand his lines seeing how popular the SF PFs are.

Personally i would like to see Jerrys take on Devil May cry line. That would look sick.

KoF may bankrupt him cause of my experience always seeing that game collecting dust in the corner of the arcades.

But i did love the SF vs KoF storyline capcom put out last year!

I think KoF would really jump in popularity if they didnt fubar the SF vs SNK games. If they made it like a Capcom VS game with pop ups, people would prob be into it more i think.

Red X
03-09-2009, 11:52 PM
KOF may be hot in Japan but it's not even on the radar here..Maybe after SF, Tekken, DOA, Virtua Figther, MK, and Darkstalkers.

fengjun
03-09-2009, 11:54 PM
Personally i would like to see Jerrys take on Devil May cry line. That would look sick.

KoF may bankrupt him cause of my experience always seeing that game collecting dust in the corner of the arcades.

But i did love the SF vs KoF storyline capcom put out last year!

I think KoF would really jump in popularity if they didnt fubar the SF vs SNK games. If they made it like a Capcom VS game with pop ups, people would prob be into it more i think.

Well if you are into fighting games as well, I strongly recommend you try KoF 97'. It's quite old, I know, so the graphic is nothing in compare to today's 3Ds, but once you played it, you'd love it. Oh the good old days...:o

Vince-Vell
03-09-2009, 11:55 PM
KOF may be hot in Japan but it's not even on the radar here..Maybe after SF, Tekken, DOA, Virtua Figther, MK, and Darkstalkers.

Dont forget Soul caliber, that was more popular then VF in the arcades i went too.

Think i only played DOA 4 times, dont remember it much.

Now Tekken i forgot all about, i saw people get into brawls over that game. They had to take it out of the one arcade cause of the fans of it went ape chit over the cheap characters. :laugh:

Vince-Vell
03-09-2009, 11:57 PM
Well if you are into fighting games as well, I strongly recommend you try KoF 97'. It's quite old, I know, so the graphic is nothing in compare to today's 3Ds, but once you played it, you'd love it. Oh the good old days...:o

I tried it a few times, but problem was a lot of the guys i know and the arcades people weren't into it. So got pushed aside from SF. Even tho others like MK were popular i never liked playing it, SF just felt right compared to other fighting games.

Spazzy
03-10-2009, 12:05 AM
I'd pick up Mai, but other than that probably not anyone else...

although I did order Morrigan soley based on the design and sculpt, could care less about the character, so if done right I might pick up a few.

I'd want Leon Kennedy in his RPD outfit, Jill Valentine, Chris Redfield, Albert Wesker in STARS outfits & Claire Redfield, all in premium format

XMAN
03-10-2009, 12:11 AM
Any character who shows off their assets (arse)like that will always look hot......and it's not that I don't like the way it looks ....it's just not what I'm looking for.........in this case I want to go with the rest of the original street fighter warriors first.......so bring them on.

fengjun
03-10-2009, 12:20 AM
Expanding into other lines do not necessarily mean a halt for the existing line.

Maybe Jerry can just release Mai, as in the case for Morrigan.

Sgt Taz
03-10-2009, 01:20 AM
I'd want Leon Kennedy in his RPD outfit, Jill Valentine, Chris Redfield, Albert Wesker in STARS outfits & Claire Redfield, all in premium formatLeon Kennedy in his R4 outfit with jacket!! :buttrock:

KlitFisto
03-10-2009, 05:08 AM
I'd love to see some good KoF pieces, but don't see any outside of the main favorites being made (Kyo, Iori, Mai, Terry). Plus like everyone else said, as sad as it is despite being true, the games barely sell here. I was amazed when any of the KoF collections came out for the ps2 over the last couple of years. It always seemed like SNK's characters have only been big here when they're part of the Capcom vs SNK or SNK vs Capcom series.

But hey, I'm sure even a single diorama of Iori vs Kyo would sell out after a few weeks. And if they did a PF of Iori, the exclusive would obviously be Orochi.

TRT
03-10-2009, 06:43 AM
KOF have the most charismatic character ever made !

Iori, Kyo, Terry, Rock Howard, etc...all are awesone character, much more class than any SF character, my opinion.

I will love to see KOF statue and/or a diorama too
(Iori vs Kyo that will be awesone !)

KlitFisto
03-10-2009, 06:51 AM
Just imagine a diorama of Rock doing his angel wings win pose!

TRT
03-10-2009, 09:27 AM
Something like that KlitFisto :

http://img106.imageshack.us/img106/1274/trrock1at2.th.jpg (http://img106.imageshack.us/my.php?image=trrock1at2.jpg) http://img66.imageshack.us/img66/4153/trrock4mj5.th.jpg (http://img66.imageshack.us/my.php?image=trrock4mj5.jpg) http://img50.imageshack.us/img50/2074/trrock2zm6.th.jpg (http://img50.imageshack.us/my.php?image=trrock2zm6.jpg)

http://img353.imageshack.us/img353/1873/trrock3vd9.jpg

(1:8 scale made by Epoch)

TRT
03-10-2009, 09:33 AM
:wink2:

snawly
03-10-2009, 10:49 PM
I agree that KOF is not that popular in North America. I'd love to see a Terry Bogard figure as I did like the Fatal Fury motion picture. There's already a ton of Mai figures out in Japan...I really don't think we need another one...

Level.2
03-10-2009, 11:14 PM
Most popular KoF characters seem to be Iori and Kyo.

bruhaha69
03-11-2009, 12:14 AM
I'd be up for a KoF or FF line. All I have for KoF so far is Aizu Project's Mai (kindy raunchy, but it's resin and not PVC). I'd love to get some 1/4 Terry, Andy, Joe, Rock, Blue Mary, Mai and Geese statues (among many others from the KoF series).

riderV3
03-11-2009, 12:33 AM
I bid thee nay!

I actually played more KOF than SF back in the days but still I just don't see myself wanting a statue of those characters.

KlitFisto
03-11-2009, 05:30 AM
There are a lot of Mai statues, yeah, but really good ones? I've seen maybe 2. Besides, look how many freaking Hulk statues there are but no one complains when another comes out. I'm all for a really good Mai by Popcultureshock.

But I'd really like something from Samurai Shodown like Ukyo.

Aertyl
03-12-2009, 08:21 AM
KoF is more popular than SF in Asia. I grow up there, everyone played it. As I said probably not so popular here.

So true! The Chinese guys over here are totally into KoF. It's so popular among them all the KoF machines are in prominent places. They aren't gathering dust here I can tell you that! SF, Soul Calibur and Tekken are more popular with the locals, although Tekken 6:BR is currently popular with both camps.

Personally, I wouldn't object to a Mai. The Aizu one is 1/7 anyway.