PDA

View Full Version : Gantz...........

xXx
03-15-2009, 02:11 PM
Just picked this up at Best Buy for 1/2 off, did not know anything about this show, reading the back cover it look like a good story, just watched the first two episodes, was very disappointed with all the fowl language and nudity, Has anyone seen this show? does it get better? I know there have been a couple of other shows that started off slow, but after awhile as the shows progressed they got better .

GandJim
03-15-2009, 03:40 PM
Does it get better? Depends on what you like. It gets better if you like nudity, rape, decapitation, exploding bodies, torture, etc....

This show is for adults, definitely not for kids. Violence, sex (explicit), drugs, etc.... It has been censored and some scenes were cut in a few countries. It starts very slowly and doesn't really improve until .... the second season (Gantz-Second Stage).

Again, it "improves" for people who like violence, sex and drugs. Some of my friends give it a 9-10 out of 10, I have never been able to watch all the show myself even if they lent me the dvds for free, not my cup of tea. I give it a 2 out of 10, but I've only seen bits here and there, fast-forwarding.

Jim

xXx
03-15-2009, 11:33 PM
Thanks Jim, If I could return it, I would! rape, decapitation, exploding bodies, torture, etc.. like you, is just not my cup of tea either, I'll try watching a little more, but in the end, I'll probably just put it away and right off, as wasted money.....

anyone want to buy Gantz anime cheap!

stormshadow75x
03-26-2009, 06:19 PM
Does it get better? Depends on what you like. It gets better if you like nudity, rape, decapitation, exploding bodies, torture, etc....

This show is for adults, definitely not for kids. Violence, sex (explicit), drugs, etc.... It has been censored and some scenes were cut in a few countries. It starts very slowly and doesn't really improve until .... the second season (Gantz-Second Stage).

Again, it "improves" for people who like violence, sex and drugs. Some of my friends give it a 9-10 out of 10, I have never been able to watch all the show myself even if they lent me the dvds for free, not my cup of tea. I give it a 2 out of 10, but I've only seen bits here and there, fast-forwarding.

Jim

I agree this is definitely for adults.
For me it was great except for the last chapter.
It's based on an ongoing manga.

I like the premise & the manga is great.