PDA

View Full Version : Spider-man 13 - Whats Logan doin with MJ

Bullseye
04-14-2005, 01:29 PM
Whats going on there?

madjazz
04-14-2005, 01:32 PM
Check out the reviews over here: http://66.98.242.87/~admin11/showthread.php?t=8706

Bullseye
04-14-2005, 01:51 PM
cheers Madjazz. Just cut and paste your review over here. Can you add to this as i haven't bought a comic in a while but might be interested in this being a Spidey fan. Why the hell is Logan involved in Spidey storey, I know theres been a number of cross overs over the years but this seems to be a relatively new comic and hes already involved. What gives. Also you make reference to height differences. Both of these characters have never been portrayed as tall guys. Regardless of this only one of them has super human strength.

Marvel Knights Spider-Man issue #13
Marvel Comics
Written By: Reginald Hudlin
Drawn By: Billy Tan

Let me start of by saying I’m not a Spider-Man fan. I read him a little back in the day, some Web of Spider-Man, and briefly when McFarlane drew him, and I picked up Amazing recently because of JMS, but quit when he started with that Gwen Stacey garbage. Didn’t care for his movies, never had the underoos. I was always more of an X-men/Avengers/FF guy. Spidey never floated my cork. Anyway, after reading Mr. Hudlin’s first issue of Spidey I was pleased. I laughed out loud. I plan on sticking with it.

It’s no secret I’m a big Reginald Hudlin fan, but I truly think he’s got a good thing going with Spider-Man. It’s a totally new take, we see Petey moving into Stark Towers, Aunt May is making time with Jarvis, Wolvie is making time with Mary Jane (in a really great panel, we see a full body view of him and Peter squaring off, the height difference had me cracking up). The villain in this issue is good old Crusher Creel, aka the Absorbing Man. During his fight with Spidey we got some more laugh out loud moments (well, at least I laughed out loud). Reggie does note Crusher could potentially be one of the most powerful villains in the Marvel U, which may be a bit of foreshadowing of things to come (wasn’t he the dude who took out the Avengers in “Last Avengers Story”?).

Billy Tan’s art is fine. He does have a couple of really noteworthy panels. I think he’s a good compliment to Reggie’s writing on this book. I recommend this book for anyone, fans of Reggie, fans of Spidey, or non-fans of Spidey looking for something new and interesting. I’ll be sticking with this book for a while.

Sam Wilson
04-14-2005, 02:12 PM
cheers Madjazz. Just cut and paste your review over here. Can you add to this as i haven't bought a comic in a while but might be interested in this being a Spidey fan. Why the hell is Logan involved in Spidey storey, I know theres been a number of cross overs over the years but this seems to be a relatively new comic and hes already involved. What gives. Also you make reference to height differences. Both of these characters have never been portrayed as tall guys. Regardless of this only one of them has super human strength.

Umm, not that madjazz isn't a cool guy, but I'm the one who wrote the review. To answer your questions:

Spidey and Logan are both in the New Avengers now. Sounds stupid, but it's kinda cool. Peter lost his house recently, so he moved into Avengers housing at Stark Towers.

In the pannel they show both spidey and wolvie as being pretty short, but it's still kinda funny how spidey can look down at wolvie (wolvie is REALLY short, according to the Marvel Encyclopedia he's supposed to be 5' 2" or something like that).

Any other questions let me know.

Bullseye
04-14-2005, 02:25 PM
Cheers Sam. Sorry about the mix up on who wrote the review. So its worth a read?

Sam Wilson
04-14-2005, 02:27 PM
Cheers Sam. Sorry about the mix up on who wrote the review. So its worth a read?

Yeah, definately. I'm going to stick with it as long as Reggie is writing it anyway. New Avengers is worth checking out also, if you haven't already.

madjazz
04-14-2005, 02:44 PM
Hey Sam - Just trying to steer the posts to the thread you already started instead of this new one - especially since you took the time to post a good write-up..

Sam Wilson
04-14-2005, 02:55 PM
Hey Sam - Just trying to steer the posts to the thread you already started instead of this new one - especially since you took the time to post a good write-up..

Thanks bro, no worries.