PDA

View Full Version : Ultimate Meets Marvel Universes?

wktf
04-14-2005, 03:05 PM
Here's the story so far...

http://www.newsarama.com/Marvel/ultimateffxover.htm

Crom
04-14-2005, 03:06 PM
He's up... and perfect landing!

http://www.mashby.com/images/posts/jump_the_shark.gif

bat_collector
04-14-2005, 03:07 PM
I hate this idea. I am not a fan of the ultimate universe at all.

Mr. Mojo
04-14-2005, 03:09 PM
:puke2: BBLLEEECCCHHH!!!

nbr3bagshotrow
04-14-2005, 03:10 PM
I hate the idea too but I'm a fan of the Ultimate Universe. No need polluting a great new concept with years of bad writing and bad stories. Jeez, did I just say this somewhere else?:banghead:

Sam Wilson
04-14-2005, 03:10 PM
No No No No No No No No No No No No No No no no NO No NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO.

I hate you Mark Millar.

Joe Q, did some of Bill Hemas's stupid rub off on you? Are you an idiot? Are sales really that bad you have to resort to some lame gimick? Has Kevin Smith not been su$#ing your d#$k enough lately? Are you bored? Are you doing this out of boredom?

I'm going to NYC to SMACK the SH$# out of you. I swear. First you cancelled "The Crew", and now this.

Mr. Mojo
04-14-2005, 03:12 PM
How much do you want to bet that Marvel will use this as a starting point for merging, or eliminating the old Marvel Universe altogether? I wouldn't put it past them.

madjazz
04-14-2005, 03:18 PM
I hate the idea but recognize it will probably make $.

The Ultimate titles were created becasue every other time Marvel set off to start a new line of comics it was a very bad failure - Epic Comics universe, New Universe, Malibu Comics purchase. The only thing they could ever make work was re-dos of their own characters - a creatively weak approach from my standpoint.

If Marvel just put good writers and artists on all their titles, put books out on time, scratched the glossy paper, and lowered the price, they'd be much better off.

"Ultimately", they will just confuse their brand and DC will catch/surpass them. I am a Marvel fan through and through, and it takes a lot for me to say that.

Babytoxie
04-14-2005, 03:42 PM
How much do you want to bet that Marvel will use this as a starting point for merging, or eliminating the old Marvel Universe altogether? I wouldn't put it past them.

All together now:

:puke2: :puke2: :puke2: :puke2:

That's exactly what I thought when I read this: freakin' Marvel Crisis. I would hope not, but as Marvel seems to have little confidence in the appeal of their classic material, I don't think it would make much difference to them.

abarron
04-14-2005, 03:51 PM
I thought the whole point of the U;timate Universe was that it wasn't the Marvel Universe.
I can't see the point in merging the two.
Guess its all about the $$$

bat_collector
04-14-2005, 03:54 PM
This is all Bendis's fault.

Maybe they'll say in House of M that Scarlett witch five years ago created an alternate universe with her powers that is gonna replace the existing universe. :banghead:

ashley76
04-14-2005, 03:56 PM
That is exactly what I hope happens. I know that a lot of people on here hate the Ultimate Universe but, I happen to love it. I really do hope that Marvel drops the 616 universe and make the Ultimate Universe the main one.

abarron
04-14-2005, 03:57 PM
Nah ulimate Reed Richards will find another parellel universe so he can pop into it anytime they run out of Ultimate storylines

Mr. Mojo
04-14-2005, 04:03 PM
That's exactly what I thought when I read this: freakin' Marvel Crisis. I would hope not, but as Marvel seems to have little confidence in the appeal of their classic material, I don't think it would make much difference to them.
I know there was talkawhile back about making the Ultimate Universe the true Marvel Universe, but I had hoped that idea had gone the way of the dinosaur. I'm to old school for this junk. The Ultimate Universe is alright as an aside, but give me the old Marvel Universe or give me death!!! :buttrock:

bat_collector
04-14-2005, 04:04 PM
I know there was talkawhile back about making the Ultimate Universe the true Marvel Universe, but I had hoped that idea had gone the way of the dinosaur. I'm to old school for this junk. The Ultimate Universe is alright as an aside, but give me the old Marvel Universe or give me death!!! :buttrock:
I find the ultimate universe boring. Why don't we tell the same stories over again but give them an edgy twist? :banghead:

Cage
04-14-2005, 04:04 PM
I thought the whole point of the Ultimate Universe was that it wasn't the Marvel Universe.
I can't see the point in merging the two.
Guess its all about the $$$

It's not about the money. :laugh:

Of course it's about the $$$. Most things are about the money, and it sucks. :mad:

Hopefully, and I am fully cognizant of the fact that I am being overly optimistic and somewhat naive, this is simply the "best idea" that the Marvel big heads could come up with to bridge the "new" readers that they think they have reached with the Ultimate titles and the true believers that have been members of the Marvel Universe for their comic book lives. Maybe it will be short lived, and they will see a boost in readership and everyone will be happy, and we can go back to the stess free days of enjoying comic books. (which for me would have been pre-1983).

madjazz
04-14-2005, 04:17 PM
If it all goes Ultimate, that will be the final straw for me. At the rate they keep issuing Essentials and Masterworks, I'll be just fine.

Crom
04-14-2005, 04:19 PM
What if it is the Heroes Reborn universe? *shudders*

Mad4Busts
04-14-2005, 08:15 PM
"Ultimately", they will just confuse their brand and DC will catch/surpass them. I am a Marvel fan through and through, and it takes a lot for me to say that.

Mad, I just don't see this happening....

Sniper
04-14-2005, 08:29 PM
No No No No No No No No No No No No No No no no NO No NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO.

I hate you Mark Millar.

Joe Q, did some of Bill Hemas's stupid rub off on you? Are you an idiot? Are sales really that bad you have to resort to some lame gimick? Has Kevin Smith not been su$#ing your d#$k enough lately? Are you bored? Are you doing this out of boredom?

I'm going to NYC to SMACK the SH$# out of you. I swear. First you cancelled "The Crew", and now this.
Sam how do you really feel about this idea :)

Bartman256
04-14-2005, 09:26 PM
This is terrible news...something I did not want to happen.

I'm a hardcore Marvel fan & have supported most titles for years.
I read both regular & ultimate titles. I really do enjoy Ulimate Spider-Man & the Ultimates. Ult FF is OK. The Ult X-Men just doesn't do it for me.

I think it will initially sell well but eventually fall to the wayside. There is absolutely no reason (other than to make a quick buck) to have these 2 universes meet...

Imagine if this works...I can see 10 years from now the need for the Marvel version of Crisis on Infinite Universes!