PDA

View Full Version : McFarlanes Losing his Mind.

Tony Coca
04-15-2005, 10:36 PM
McFarlane Toys is making Napolean Dynamite toys. :banghead: :banghead:

if he wasnt going Bankrupt before he will now.

Wayne Industries
04-15-2005, 10:51 PM
what a moron.... :thumbsdow I guess he's running out of ideas for his toy line.. :laugh:

Sniper
04-15-2005, 11:19 PM
U never know .....

grendelscott
04-16-2005, 05:15 AM
I agree that there is a ZERO need for Napolean Dynamite line, but it apparently is turning into one of those cult favorite movies. This might actually be a smart business decision for them...

Tony Coca
04-16-2005, 03:36 PM
I agree that there is a ZERO need for Napolean Dynamite line, but it apparently is turning into one of those cult favorite movies. This might actually be a smart business decision for them...
Hell Lost Boys,Pulp Fiction and Dusk till Dawn havew a cult following and they never made them into figures.

Collection King 13
04-16-2005, 03:38 PM
Hell Lost Boys,Pulp Fiction and Dusk till Dawn havew a cult following and they never made them into figures.
Maybe they will now...

grendelscott
04-16-2005, 03:57 PM
On a side note, could anyone explain to me what the excitement was over this movie? I couldn't find a single reason to go...I might check it out if it makes it to HBO...

nbr3bagshotrow
04-16-2005, 05:38 PM
On a side note, could anyone explain to me what the excitement was over this movie? I couldn't find a single reason to go...I might check it out if it makes it to HBO...
It's Zurb's life story!

Daredevil
04-16-2005, 05:50 PM
He needs to make more sin city figures

grendelscott
04-16-2005, 07:10 PM
He needs to make more sin city figures

Neca is doing that now. Check out their site for pics...

Nightcrawler777
04-16-2005, 08:04 PM
They will sell a ton of them..
Every Hot Topic store is stocked to the walls wit ND shirts stickers and what not..
They are selling so much of it...

I couldent stand the movie but i know this stuff will sell...

Zurbaran1
04-17-2005, 12:48 PM
It's Zurb's life story!

Bite me hobbit!

SirConor
04-17-2005, 03:14 PM
You guys must be old farts. Napoleon is the FUNNIEST movie I have seen in years! Oh man, that movie has some of the best characterization I have seen ever... so so so funny.

Wayne Industries
04-17-2005, 06:11 PM
You guys must be old farts. Napoleon is the FUNNIEST movie I have seen in years! Oh man, that movie has some of the best characterization I have seen ever... so so so funny.

SO are you going to buy the ND action figures?? I like Old School, thought that was hillarious, but I wouldn't go so far to buy figures based on the movie... :inquisiti

SirConor
04-17-2005, 07:26 PM
You raise a good point Wayne. However, I wasn't really commenting on whether or not McF is making a good decision in making Napoleon figures. I was responding more towards the sentiment that Napoleon isn't funny.

While I wouldn't buy them (I steer clear of all toys almost as a rule of thumb these days), I don't think that they may be entirely unprofitable. THere are a BUTTLOAD of Napoleon fans out there, as Napoleon would say himself.

Wayne Industries
04-17-2005, 07:44 PM
You raise a good point Wayne. However, I wasn't really commenting on whether or not McF is making a good decision in making Napoleon figures. I was responding more towards the sentiment that Napoleon isn't funny.

While I wouldn't buy them (I steer clear of all toys almost as a rule of thumb these days), I don't think that they may be entirely unprofitable. THere are a BUTTLOAD of Napoleon fans out there, as Napoleon would say himself.

very true......I'm sure Mcfarlane's laughing at our comments as he's lying on his bed made of money... :)

Babytoxie
04-17-2005, 08:48 PM
Yeah, but in true McFarlane style, this will be his "re-imagined" Napoleon Dynamite, with butcher knives, severed limbs, entrails, and bondage gear.

predatorhunter
09-15-2005, 02:16 AM
Mcfarlane has been making strange decisions for some time now, not to mention the fact that the quality of his work has dropped like an anvil. However, his 12" ND figure is nice, and his 12" Battle Damaged Robocop is going to be off the charts cool!

wizard-comics
09-15-2005, 04:55 AM
Mcfarlane has been making strange decisions for some time now, not to mention the fact that the quality of his work has dropped like an anvil...........

must be the syphilis, I hear that really messes with the mind

Confessor
09-15-2005, 06:20 AM
Napeoleon Dynamite?

What's that? The former french leader's choice of seige weapon?

Odinson
09-15-2005, 02:41 PM
Acquiring Mark Mcquire's home run Baseball for millions was what started me thinking he has lost his mind. Think what his legacy would have been if he had stayed at Marvel. His work on Spider-man and Hulk was phenominal IMO. I always would have liked to see him render Doctor Strange, now his nickname could be "Doctor Strange"....

Juggernaut
09-15-2005, 02:47 PM
I e-mailed Mcfarlane toys because I would like a
12 inch Dorothy with munchkins.

Collection King 13
09-15-2005, 02:52 PM
Acquiring Mark Mcquire's home run Baseball for millions was what started me thinking he has lost his mind.
That was just stupid on his part.

Sniper
09-15-2005, 02:52 PM
It's Zurb's life story!
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Ish
09-15-2005, 02:57 PM
f*** napolion dynomite, f*** mcfarlane toy lines other than spawn, and f*** the f***ing diaz brothers.

Collection King 13
09-15-2005, 03:07 PM
f*** napolion dynomite, f*** mcfarlane toy lines other than spawn, and f*** the f***ing diaz brothers.
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Odinson
09-15-2005, 03:08 PM
I was thinking of getting some of the conan pieces, does anybody that has them think they are worth it? I got into the Spawn figures but I found out that if I did not find the characters story interesting and only thought they looked cool that it did'nt keep me very interested for long. How far could he stretch Spawn anyway, for god's sake who cares when nothing that happens in the story line really has any impact. Please Wanda just go away!!!!

Primal
09-15-2005, 03:58 PM
I thought he lost it when he did those Beatle's Yellow Submarine figures.

Tony Coca
09-15-2005, 04:23 PM
He lost it when he spent all that money on those baseballs. :banghead:

polystoner
09-26-2005, 08:52 PM
Or two. I liked the movie a lot (I'm in my late 30's) but the amazing thing is the run on ND items here where I live. You should have seen how fast the ND portfolios, notebooks, and talking pens went out. Last, year, I made a good amount of Christmas money selling Spongebob stuff around Christmas. I'm thinking I could make some nice coin from ND this Christmas selling these McF figures selling to HS and college students in this college town.

Zurbaran1
09-26-2005, 11:08 PM
The reason why McFarlane is making these is because he is going to make a ton of money selling them. I already have to get two of each because my daughters each want a set of their own. Everybody in their school is walking around with a "Vote for Pedro" shirt or one with some other phrase from the movie. My kids have watched this flick easily 10 times now, they love it and there's no sign of letting up. At first I didn't get it but I actually enjoy it. It is hysterical. My kids are demanding that I take them to see the new Reese Witherspoon flick because Heder (Napoleon Dynamite) is in it. Multiply this scenario by who knows how many. McFarlane is no fool. Who started this thread anyway? Oh Coca, that explains it. :laugh:

Ish
09-26-2005, 11:13 PM
so zurby like that movie huh.

superash
09-26-2005, 11:20 PM
i didn't like the movie at first, but i will admit you sit down and watch it a couple of times it gets better.

"Tina eat your food!"

Primal
09-27-2005, 07:32 AM
The reason why McFarlane is making these is because he is going to make a ton of money selling them. I already have to get two of each because my daughters each want a set of their own. Everybody in their school is walking around with a "Vote for Pedro" shirt or one with some other phrase from the movie. My kids have watched this flick easily 10 times now, they love it and there's no sign of letting up. At first I didn't get it but I actually enjoy it. It is hysterical. My kids are demanding that I take them to see the new Reese Witherspoon flick because Heder (Napoleon Dynamite) is in it. Multiply this scenario by who knows how many. McFarlane is no fool. Who started this thread anyway? Oh Coca, that explains it. :laugh:
Thanx Zurb. That cinches it. I'm not watching it.