PDA

View Full Version : Michael Turner has Cancer again.

marvelboi77
04-16-2005, 10:30 PM
Poor Michael Turner has Cancer again. I've got to meet him about a dozen times, he is a very nice guy. It's a shame that his Cancer has come back.

Rogue
04-16-2005, 10:33 PM
I'm so sorry to hear that. I hope that everything goes well removing the cancer and that he makes a full recovery. Did anyone find out what kind of cancer he has again?

Sam Wilson
04-16-2005, 10:54 PM
That sucks. He's a young guy. My friend is 32 years old and just got done with chemo, he had testicular cancer, apparently the most common type of cancer for younger men.

My old man died of Lymphoma about 10 years ago. I hope Mike makes a full and speedy recovery, his Identity Crisis covers and his work on Superman/Batman was some of his best stuff yet. I'd love to see him get some more DC work, or even some Marvel stuff.

marvelboi77
04-16-2005, 11:00 PM
What was it 4 years ago I think. I don't know what kind of Cancer it was but he had half his hip removed and has a fake hip.

Perna
04-16-2005, 11:01 PM
This is crappy news. I was happy to hear he was making great progress from the previous bout. Now hearing this makes me worry for the guy. I hope everything goes well and they are able to remove it for good. Things like this shouldn't happen.

grendelscott
04-17-2005, 05:19 AM
That sucks. He was on top of the world when he got it the first time, and battled through it. His fans stuck with him, and again he is at such a high point in his career and has to deal with it again. That just sucks!!! Here's to a fast recovery...

ashley76
04-17-2005, 09:08 AM
Very sad. This guy is an amazing talent. He beat it one time. He will beat it again.

Sgt.Rock
04-17-2005, 09:17 AM
Can you post a source?

workingdog
04-17-2005, 10:05 AM
Can you post a source?

He's been cancelling convention appearances ...

http://www.supanova.com.au/comics/index.asp?page=turner

http://www.pittsburghcomicon.com/cancelled.html

Best wishes for a speedy recovery!

wktf
04-18-2005, 12:18 AM
Wow. Really. He was just in KC at the convention a couple of weeks ago. He came in on crutches and I just figured he'd had an accident or something. I had no idea.

MerriemsDaughter
04-18-2005, 03:35 AM
Here's hoping that he triumphs over this terrible thing, best wishes to the guy!!

Ghost
04-18-2005, 04:39 AM
That sucks. He's a young guy. My friend is 32 years old and just got done with chemo, he had testicular cancer, apparently the most common type of cancer for younger men.

My best friend died of this. He had battled it on and off and for a while had some peace, but it came back as well in the end. He was 25. My partner in crime, he was twice the artist I ever was. Not only that but I had lost 2 other friends prior to this years ago to cancer as well.

I hope Mike makes it through this. He'll fight it like he did before. And I hope he wins again.

Mad4Busts
04-18-2005, 06:17 AM
It is sad to hear this anytime and for anyone....The Big "C" is a scary thing...

Kdawg59
04-18-2005, 07:12 AM
Damn... It just doesn't seem fair sometimes. Mike Turner has a fight ahead of him and although I don't know the guy aside from seeing him and shaking his hand at a couple of conventions, There is definitely room for him in my weel wishing.

Go kick the **** outta this for good this time Mike.

Zurbaran1
04-18-2005, 07:35 AM
Terrible disease, I hope he can beat it and wish him the best. My wife is a critical care nurse and she says they are seeing more cases of odd cancers in younger and younger people and it is very disturbing. Has to make you wonder what environmental pressures we subjecting our bodies to and what are we going to do to stop it.

leks
04-18-2005, 08:55 AM
Wish him all the best.

My own brother was diagnosed with hodgkins some years ago. When they started treating him he had good prospects, but it all went from bad to worse and eventually had to have bone marrow stem cell transplant...

It saved his life, so he got lucky (for now), but even if you survive, you will never be the same.

bat_collector
04-18-2005, 09:25 AM
I had no idea. This makes me appreciate his art even more knowing what he is going through. HOpe he makes it back again.

The General
04-18-2005, 09:34 AM
I'm going to pray for him.

CKinSD
04-18-2005, 10:33 AM
dude this is a drag. i had hoped he had beat it. I've lost 12 memebers of my family int he past 10 years to cancer. Almost lost my mother a few years ago to breast cancer. Thankfully she battled and won. I hope and will also say a prayer for Michael and his family.

mwf6171
04-18-2005, 10:46 AM
Cancer sucks....lost my "second" mom to it and now my dad is going in on Thursday for a biopsy on his lung.........Will be praying for Michael Turner......

wktf
04-19-2005, 10:09 AM
My Mom's been lucky enough to beat this three times: breast cancer, liver cancer, lung cancer. I count myself and my family as among the luckiest of all cancer victim families as a result. But I've seen first hand what this can do. I lost one of my friends from college to colon cancer...he died at 23. Just horrible.

Like The General, I'm going to keep Mike Turner in my thoughts and prayers.