PDA

View Full Version : SOTA: our next baby Akuma!!!

Jackson@SOTA
06-17-2009, 04:21 PM
This one i'm really proud of. I couldn't wait so I just went ahead and posted it. Here are few pics and the PR we sent out this morning.

SOTA Toy's is proud to present a " Raging Demon" Standing Approximately 12" tall (with base). This is truly a piece of art by the fans for the fans and we are so impressed with it that we have to interrupt our current release plan to bring this one out before the others. Akuma fans from all around the world will submit to the master of the Dark Hadou and marvel at his presence. This will be one of finest additions to SOTA's line of high quality resin statues. Targeted release date is Mid-September 2009, with an MSRP of $120. Please stay tuned for future announcements on Cammy, M. Bison, and Guile.

El Pulento
06-17-2009, 04:56 PM
Akuma Looks Eeeevil!!!... Cool Jackson!!!.. lets see some progress pics!!

http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk64/ElPulento1977/MidShotB.jpg

http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk64/ElPulento1977/FullBodyA2.jpg

fantasticrour
06-17-2009, 04:57 PM
Is that pictures of the actual statue or is it cgi of a statue?

El Pulento
06-17-2009, 05:00 PM
I would say CGI right?....

fantasticrour
06-17-2009, 05:20 PM
Looks that way. I would imagine Akuma with more wrinkles when he's frowning. Doesn't seem as angry.

metroid
06-17-2009, 05:22 PM
He looks like a gorilla with red hair and beads.

Andrew
06-17-2009, 05:37 PM
I like the base a lot! So when can we pre-order this bad boy!? I can't wait for Guile, Cammy, and Bison!

He looks like a gorilla with red hair and beads.

I would have to agree that there is a slight primate look to Akuma on this one. Still a cool looking statue though. I like how his fingernails are sharpened to a point. I think what makes this particular interpretation of Akuma cool is that it shows how he has totally lost his humanity as he gets sucked deeper and deeper into his own power.

metroid
06-17-2009, 07:27 PM
Also the left arm of the statue looks like its broken because of its pose.

Andrew
06-17-2009, 09:23 PM
After looking at the statue for a while I think the issue is the elongated forehead. That is what makes the face seem odd.

You need to throw up some pictures of the actual statue with different angles. :thumbs2:

Will this be on display at SDCC?

demonhunter
06-17-2009, 10:29 PM
Awesome! This reminds me of the Udon Comic and Anime Street Fighter style. Big hands and feet.

Jackson@SOTA
06-19-2009, 07:36 PM
Hey everyone!!! Just updating with a few pics of the actual piece. And yes, the pics I uploaded was sculpted in 3D. We did this so we can retain all the detail put in the original model, this will also allow for the final product to be much cleaner when produced.

Vince-Vell
06-19-2009, 07:42 PM
Love the pose and style, cant say i enjoy the face to much. Rather see it more to Udon or capcom style face. Also maybe sandals on his feet? Other then that if it gets tweaked more put me down for one!

I also hope you guys don't get broken belts like the udon busts did looking just like them.

Andrew
06-19-2009, 08:43 PM
Yeah, you guys really should consider chopping off some of that forehead man. Otherwise I'm excited for this statue! When will it be available for pre-order?

thx217
06-19-2009, 08:52 PM
Great job! :thumbs2:

Gannon
06-19-2009, 11:08 PM
Hey everyone!!! Just updating with a few pics of the actual piece. And yes, the pics I uploaded was sculpted in 3D. We did this so we can retain all the detail put in the original model, this will also allow for the final product to be much cleaner when produced.

Wow nice! A lot of companies are going down the 3D print out route. What machine was this printed on? Looks fantastic!

louiseterm
06-20-2009, 04:11 AM
looking foreward to this iagree some sandels just to finish his feet, just hope i can find a decnt seller in the uk when it does arrive play.com tend to just say pre order but they never get them in

lamaseta17
06-21-2009, 04:23 PM
where can i pre order this sideshow????

Igo
06-21-2009, 06:36 PM
Who's the sculptor that worked on this?

theargo
06-21-2009, 07:43 PM
It's cool (even tho still in CGI). But just not my cup a tea. I'd still prefer the PopCulture.

Jackson@SOTA
06-22-2009, 05:39 PM
where can i pre order this sideshow????

You should be able to pick this up at Corner store comics or Big Bad toy store. You can also visit our site for pre-order, and we have a new flat rate shipping.

Who's the sculptor that worked on this?

His name is Kayton, I forgot his last name, but when our informational site is up you can check out everything we've made in the past and see who's done what on every project.

dhampir46
06-25-2009, 11:10 PM
I think the face is just a bit off, still like it though.

Andrew
06-27-2009, 02:34 AM
Up for pre-order at bigbadtoystore.com...

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=SOT10190&mode=retail

Looking forward to this one! :thumbs2:

Igo
06-27-2009, 02:47 PM
His name is Kayton, I forgot his last name, but when our informational site is up you can check out everything we've made in the past and see who's done what on every project.

Callaway?

Jackson@SOTA
06-29-2009, 03:40 PM
Callaway?

Yup, that's him.

xenofreak
06-30-2009, 11:10 PM
:thumbs2: can't wait for Akuma! I'm happy to hear that you have plans for Bison and Guile as well.:thumbs2: These are the perfect size (and price) for my collection. The Pop Culture ones are too large for my taste, considering how many characters are in the SF roster.

Vince-Vell
06-30-2009, 11:30 PM
Is this up in previews yet? May do a pre order on him at my LCS. Also i forgot, was there a edition size announced?

Magik
07-17-2009, 06:42 PM
This statue rocks! I can't wait to get it.

Jackson@SOTA
07-20-2009, 01:35 PM
Update: Stay tuned everyone, we will be announcing something special about this statue during SDCC. I hope I get around to posting pictures when I can say more about this piece. Can anyone guess what's going to happen, I know I'm excited.

Andrew
07-20-2009, 02:27 PM
Update: Stay tuned everyone, we will be announcing something special about this statue during SDCC. I hope I get around to posting pictures when I can say more about this piece. Can anyone guess what's going to happen, I know I'm excited.

Hopefully your going to have an alternate costume variant that matches the one in Street Fighter 4. That would be great!

Vince-Vell
07-20-2009, 02:37 PM
Hopefully its not something you can only get at a con, dont want to miss out on a akuma not being able to go to a con.

My guess is shin akuma or different base for him. Like gouken laying at his feet from a RD.

metroid
07-23-2009, 02:42 PM
http://sdcc09.figures.com/data/671/DSCF6281.JPG

Vince-Vell
07-23-2009, 02:49 PM
Looks damn cool colored up, just seems like a glowing clear resin should be all around him likes hes about to do RD!

El Pulento
07-23-2009, 02:50 PM
Akuma looks kick ass!!! Nice job on this one!!!.. What was the Surprise for SDCC visitors?..

metroid
07-23-2009, 02:57 PM
http://sdcc09.figures.com/data/671/DSCF6280.JPG
http://sdcc09.figures.com/data/671/DSCF6279.JPG

Andrew
07-23-2009, 10:05 PM
Wow, that Akuma is amazing!

Certainly a step up in quality compared to the "Ken" (I use the name with a grain of salt based on the face sculpt) statue that is going to be released soon.

I hope that necklace is removable so I can put a quality real wooden necklace on him. I can't wait to get this one! I really like that base a lot!

hypno
07-31-2009, 03:40 PM
the photo could be better but here is the SDCC sneak peek dark gray Akuma...

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g105/rsstaylo/gray_akuma.jpg

I'm thinking this one might be a SOTA site exclusive but I'm not sure.

Jackson@SOTA
08-04-2009, 03:31 PM

Did you guys notice that the eyes are LED :buttrock:

Andrew
08-04-2009, 04:38 PM

That looks great, but will the regular Akuma statue have LED as well?

What is the material on the all gray Akuma? What exactly are you trying to portray with that artistic choice?

hypno
08-04-2009, 04:46 PM

Wow, I didn't notice that. Will the regular version have them as well?

EDIT: speedy you live up to your name, you beat me to the question. :)

Jackson@SOTA
08-04-2009, 04:47 PM
That looks great, but will the regular Akuma statue have LED as well?

What is the material on the all gray Akuma? What exactly are you trying to portray with that artistic choice?

Sorry I didn't explain. Akuma was painted with primer. The factory didn't have time to paint him in time for SDCC, and we wanted to show him at the con. We did however get quite a few people interested in having him that way. What's your thought on this everyone?

Jackson@SOTA
08-04-2009, 04:48 PM
Wow, I didn't notice that. Will the regular version have them as well?

Sorry, But the regular will not have LED.

Vince-Vell
08-04-2009, 04:53 PM
If you offered a grey version, and its cheaper i would use it to do a paint up myself. Just a pure grey version like that reminds me of a garage kit and nothing special.

If you were to do a Shin Akuma then i could see it being something more value then just grey.

Now if you made a darker version with the ragular colors, adding in more shadows with glowing eye that could be something new. Would just need to figure out the paints to make it work right.

hypno
08-04-2009, 05:09 PM
We did however get quite a few people interested in having him that way. What's your thought on this everyone?

This version looked cool in person but I think I would rather have a shin variant instead.

Will this one be an exclusive? What edition size and price are you thinking?

Andrew
08-04-2009, 08:00 PM
Sorry, But the regular will not have LED.

Okay, so the light up eyes version WILL be painted, but what color scheme? Shin? I would prefer the regular color with the light up eyes myself.

Thanks for answering all the questions. Statue looks great.:buttrock:

originaldrdoom
08-09-2009, 03:06 PM
WOW! I am seriously interested in the alternate version of Akuma. Is this a Sota exclusive or something else?

Awesome job, indeed!

TRT
08-09-2009, 03:40 PM

This version kick ass !
It will be mine :eplus2:

Jackson@SOTA
08-14-2009, 03:30 PM
Hey everyone, I thought I would have a code generated for the fans on this forum only. Since I know you guys actually care about this statue as much as I do myself, I wanted to give some appreciation back. So here's 10% off your pre-order on our site at sotatoys.com SFJunkie-004 anyone who has already pre-ordered the statue please send an e-mail with the code to info@sotatoys.com and we will apply that to your order.

Usable only on the Akuma Pre-Order. Once the Akuma arrives and the preorder is no longer available, this coupon will not be available either.
1 use per customer.

A lot of the guys at the office ask me why I pay more attention to everyone on this forum vs. everyone else on others? It's simple, I actually see you guys as fans. You guys actually care, and give positive feed back that is useful to me. Other forums have a bunch of people that like to give their 2 cents but never collect anything themselves. How do I know you ask? You guys post pics after your buy them :laugh:

Andrew
08-14-2009, 03:36 PM
Hey everyone, I thought I would have a code generated for the fans on this forum only. Since I know you guys actually care about this statue as much as I do myself, I wanted to give some appreciation back. So here's 10% off your pre-order on our site at sotatoys.com SFJunkie-004 anyone who has already pre-ordered the statue please send an e-mail with the code to info@sotatoys.com and we will apply that to your order.

Usable only on the Akuma Pre-Order. Once the Akuma arrives and the preorder is no longer available, this coupon will not be available either.
1 use per customer.

A lot of the guys at the office ask me why I pay more attention to everyone on this forum vs. everyone else on others? It's simple, I actually see you guys as fans. You guys actually care, and give positive feed back that is useful to me. Other forums have a bunch of people that like to give their 2 cents but never collect anything themselves. How do I know you ask? You guys post pics after your buy them :laugh:

Good call, thanks for looking out! Speaking of pics, I'll have pics posted of the Ken statue that UPS should be delivering today! :buttrock:

Also, can you give us any more details on the Akuma that have the light up eyes. Specifically what the color scheme will be. Thanks.

Andrew

El Pulento
08-14-2009, 03:41 PM

1 use per customer.

Now that is just great customer service!!!!.. Nice move Jackson!!! :buttrock: :buttrock:

Jackson@SOTA
08-14-2009, 03:56 PM
Good call, thanks for looking out! Speaking of pics, I'll have pics posted of the Ken statue that UPS should be delivering today! :buttrock:

Also, can you give us any more details on the Akuma that have the light up eyes. Specifically what the color scheme will be. Thanks.

Andrew

Yes, the color for that is going to be the Shin Akuma. I know you would rather it be the regular color speedy, but this version is for someone, I just can't say at the moment.

Jackson@SOTA
08-14-2009, 04:01 PM
Anyone still play SF4? hahah of course you guys do. Just wanted to have some fun. So, if anyone wants to have a challenge on PS3 with me please add me nekki7 is my SN. I'm playing Blazblue a bit more right, along with WOW taking up all my gaming time. Hope to see you guys online.

Andrew
08-14-2009, 04:27 PM
Yes, the color for that is going to be the Shin Akuma. I know you would rather it be the regular color speedy, but this version is for someone, I just can't say at the moment.

Ah nuts! I figured it would be though. Although at the 1/6 scale price I might end up buying both. I already have the regular on pre-order. Thanks for the info, as always :thumbs2:

Anyone still play SF4? hahah of course you guys do. Just wanted to have some fun. So, if anyone wants to have a challenge on PS3 with me please add me nekki7 is my SN. I'm playing Blazblue a bit more right, along with WOW taking up all my gaming time. Hope to see you guys online.

It seems a lot of people on this board have a PS3. I play SF IV every night online but I have a Xbox 360. My gamertag is Game Addiction if anyone wants to hit me up around 2200 EST tonight or most nights on the weekdays.

Andrew
08-14-2009, 04:41 PM
When and where can we order the exclusive version of the Akuma? I don't see it on your website. Nice production picture though. It looks like you went with the white streaks in the hair, cool.

Also, are the beads on this statue removable? I'll probably make a real wooden bead necklace if they are, like the one I made for the Akuma PF in my Avatar.

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f330/speedy485/Akuma_6795_cropped.jpg

Jackson@SOTA
08-14-2009, 05:47 PM
When and where can we order the exclusive version of the Akuma? I don't see it on your website. Nice production picture though. It looks like you went with the white streaks in the hair, cool.

Also, are the beads on this statue removable? I'll probably make a real wooden bead necklace if they are, like the one I made for the Akuma PF in my Avatar.

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f330/speedy485/Akuma_6795_cropped.jpg

I can't say who has the exclusive at the moment. the beads are removable. I'm not sure if this is final, but I'll make sure to let my partner be aware of this. Be sure that we will package the beads separately from the statue to avoid scratches.

Andrew
08-14-2009, 06:24 PM
I can't say who has the exclusive at the moment. the beads are removable. I'm not sure if this is final, but I'll make sure to let my partner be aware of this. Be sure that we will package the beads separately from the statue to avoid scratches.

Hmmm...maybe Sideshow? I always wondered why they didn't carry your Street Fighter resins.

Magik
08-18-2009, 07:40 PM
Pre-ordered the regular today. Alright! Bring it on Baby!

originaldrdoom
09-04-2009, 08:08 PM
Any word on the LED Akuma?

Andrew
09-05-2009, 12:30 AM
Any word on the LED Akuma?

Yes, and what is the release window looking like? September, October? I'm super pumped about this statue!

Jackson@SOTA
09-09-2009, 09:19 PM
Mid October seems most likely to happen for this statue.

Andrew
09-09-2009, 09:40 PM
Cool, thanks for the update.

originaldrdoom
09-17-2009, 11:07 PM
Time to pre-order!

http://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_id=4489&sku=9007101

johnclone
09-18-2009, 12:30 AM
This version kick ass !
It will be mine :eplus2:

Wow, I am so confused, is the all grey one up anywhere for order yet? Did I miss it? The led one at Sideshow is Shin Akuma, very cool, but where is the dark grey to be found?

Magik
09-18-2009, 01:44 PM
The regular version can be found for pre-order. I pre-ordered mine from my regular e-retailer. I'm pretty all the usual guys have him for pre-order.

asura
09-18-2009, 09:38 PM
Hey, is it me or is there any hints about a Guile and M.Bison statue after the Akuma and Cammy one????

Thank you for answering

Andrew
09-18-2009, 10:09 PM
It has been mentioned in the past that Guile and Bison are supposed to be done as well.

Here is a link...

http://www.kotaku.com.au/2009/06/god-of-war-designer-creates-awesome-akuma-statue/

and another...

http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/main/category/street-fighter

asura
09-20-2009, 01:37 PM
This is a great news! I had love to see a Guile statue doing a sonic boom (with translucent resin on the arm)! I'm really glad for Bison too!

Andrew
10-14-2009, 04:35 PM
Check it out guys. If you are like me and wanted the light up eyes feature of this statue but don't like Shin Akuma, here is your answer. Limited to only 50! I just bagged one for myself.

http://shop.capcom.com/store/capcomus/en_US/DisplayProductDetailsPage/productID.166354200

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f330/speedy485/AkumaLightUp.jpg

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f330/speedy485/AkumaLightUp2.jpg

Grayfox117
10-14-2009, 09:29 PM
[QUOTE=speedy485;2951570]Check it out guys. If you are like me and wanted the light up eyes feature of this statue but don't like Shin Akuma, here is your answer. Limited to only 50! I just bagged one for myself.

Thanks for the heads up man!!:thumbs2:

legato
10-14-2009, 09:51 PM
For that amount of money, I think I would just stick with shin akuma. Anyway, thanks for the heads up bro.

Andrew
10-14-2009, 10:00 PM
For that amount of money, I think I would just stick with shin akuma. Anyway, thanks for the heads up bro.

I hate Shin Akuma, but yeah, the price is sky high.

Andrew
11-20-2009, 12:34 PM
My Akuma shipped out today. Should have him next week sometime.

Magik
11-25-2009, 03:00 AM
Mine shipped out as well, but it'll be here in about three weeks.

ambasah
11-25-2009, 01:06 PM
mine shipped as well!

Andrew
11-25-2009, 09:55 PM
I posted in the SideShow section too...

Alright guys, I got my SOTA Akuma today and he is perfect. SOTA really nailed it with this statue.

Akuma is definitely the heaviest of all their Street Fighter resins, as well as the biggest. I did a group shot at the end for size comparison.

I was a little concerned about the color of Akuma's dougi being a little too light of a blue, but in person it is much darker which is good.

I only wish SOTA made both versions light up in the eyes. Although I do realize there is a light up version with the "regular" paint scheme, it is also $199.99 where as I paid $89.99 for this one. Oh well.

Overall this is a great statue and definitely the best in the Street Fighter SOTA line so far! Great job SOTA!!!

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f330/speedy485/IMG_0188.jpg

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f330/speedy485/IMG_0192.jpg

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f330/speedy485/IMG_0189.jpg

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f330/speedy485/IMG_0202-1.jpg

Andrew
11-25-2009, 09:56 PM
http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f330/speedy485/IMG_0193.jpg

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f330/speedy485/IMG_0195.jpg

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f330/speedy485/IMG_0203-1.jpg

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f330/speedy485/IMG_0201.jpg

Andrew
11-25-2009, 10:04 PM
Hey Jackson, now that Akuma is out and Cammy is coming soon, let's see some WIP's of the next resin!

:buttrock:

benocehcap
11-25-2009, 10:40 PM
that is one beautiful bad a** akuma. i will get mine Dec. first!

Kabuto@SOTA
11-26-2009, 07:51 AM
Peps,

Last week when I was at CAPCOM's office, I suggested to them to do a BFCM sales event over lunch; and I just saw the post on capcom-unity.com about that so I guess they took my suggestions. Go dig around their store tomorrow (or Friday), and you may (or may not) find some surprisingly steep discounts on some-particularly-awesome-but-too-expensive-to-get-item-made-by-us. But don't quote me cuz I ain't say sh*t... ;P

Happy turkey day everyone! And thank you for all of your support and cheers; that's what kept us going.

ambasah
11-26-2009, 12:39 PM
thanks for the heads up...I will be on the lookout...

ramobo
12-17-2009, 01:44 PM
Capcom store "Raging Demon version"

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v480/slaxed/RAD/Street%20Fighter/Akuma01.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v480/slaxed/RAD/Street%20Fighter/Akuma02.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v480/slaxed/RAD/Street%20Fighter/Akuma03.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v480/slaxed/RAD/Street%20Fighter/Akuma04.jpg

ambasah
12-17-2009, 03:00 PM
nice! I got both versions but the SS exclusive did not light up and a replacement is on it's way. Can't wait to display both!

Andrew
12-17-2009, 04:24 PM
Capcom store "Raging Demon version"
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v480/slaxed/RAD/Street%20Fighter/Akuma04.jpg

Awesome man, that looks really nice!

originaldrdoom
01-09-2010, 10:55 AM
I bought a Capcom store exclusive Akuma only to have it arrive damaged. It was due to the lack of proper styrofoam packaging and the weight of the statue crushing the ropes. I originally asked for a replacement from Capcom but they weren't even interested in replying. After 4 attempts to get a replacement, I sent the statue back. I finally got a refund (minus shipping costs both ways). I will never buy another thing from their online store again. What a nightmare.
At least my Shin Akuma statue is on its way from Sideshow (flexpay is awesome)!
Here are some pics of the damaged exclusive Akuma I sent back:

http://threads.rebelscum.com/photogallery/data/500/medium/100_5358.JPG
http://threads.rebelscum.com/photogallery/data/500/medium/100_53591.JPG
http://threads.rebelscum.com/photogallery/data/500/medium/100_5362.JPG
http://threads.rebelscum.com/photogallery/data/500/medium/100_5364.JPG

Jackson@SOTA
01-10-2010, 04:16 PM
Sorry for your damage lost, and time spent on getting a reply. Should you ever run into a similar situation in the future, send me a PM and I'll see what we can do to take care of it. Should anyone have any similar problems you can also send an e-mail to info@sotatoys.com

I bought a Capcom store exclusive Akuma only to have it arrive damaged. It was due to the lack of proper styrofoam packaging and the weight of the statue crushing the ropes. I originally asked for a replacement from Capcom but they weren't even interested in replying. After 4 attempts to get a replacement, I sent the statue back. I finally got a refund (minus shipping costs both ways). I will never buy another thing from their online store again. What a nightmare.
At least my Shin Akuma statue is on its way from Sideshow (flexpay is awesome)!
Here are some pics of the damaged exclusive Akuma I sent back:

http://threads.rebelscum.com/photogallery/data/500/medium/100_5358.JPG
http://threads.rebelscum.com/photogallery/data/500/medium/100_53591.JPG
http://threads.rebelscum.com/photogallery/data/500/medium/100_5362.JPG
http://threads.rebelscum.com/photogallery/data/500/medium/100_5364.JPG

originaldrdoom
01-14-2010, 08:44 PM
Sorry for your damage lost, and time spent on getting a reply. Should you ever run into a similar situation in the future, send me a PM and I'll see what we can do to take care of it. Should anyone have any similar problems you can also send an e-mail to info@sotatoys.com

Many thanks!

I'd give near anything to get another Capcom exclusive Akuma statue, but Capcom really ruined any chance of me ordering from them again.

I hope my Shin Akuma arrives intact tomorrow. :)

originaldrdoom
01-15-2010, 08:55 PM
Shin Akuma has arrived and is in one piece! I am extremely happy with Sota and Sideshow. I cannot tell you how cool Sideshow is. They threw some bonus goodies in the box with Akuma. One was a Cosbaby Predator, a Sideshow calendar, and a dvd. Too cool.

Kudos and thanks to Sota and Sideshow for the Raging Demon! :)

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a298/originaldrdoom/100_6129.jpg

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a298/originaldrdoom/100_6120.jpg

darkhadouKEN
02-02-2010, 03:57 PM
I ordered mine off ebay, fingers crossed. but ive got some questions maybe some of you guys can answer.
I got the regular edition claimed to be limited to 500 (which in my opinion is very low) are they sending these to japan? Are there 500 in the world? And if the symbol on his back is not a "ten" then what is it?

darkhadouKEN
02-02-2010, 03:57 PM
Ok on a different note, directly to sota, you guys should make a rosanov statue, he is a very neat character, and you would have no competition with other companies because no one else makes him. Most collectors have three Birdies! that guy is LAME! Rosanov nearly killed Birdie, Ken and chun li at once!
You guys could make a badass one of a kind rosanov. and you should, after bison and guile of course. Anyone agree?
http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i49/iamchileiam/rosanov.jpg

ajn9316
02-02-2010, 04:42 PM
I ordered mine off ebay, fingers crossed. but ive got some questions maybe some of you guys can answer.
I got the regular edition claimed to be limited to 500 (which in my opinion is very low) are they sending these to japan? Are there 500 in the world? And if the symbol on his back is not a "ten" then what is it?Yes, there are only 500 regular edition Akumas worldwide, excluding APs. Any Akuma sent to Japan would be an individual sale, as we do not have a retailer there. The symbol on Akuma's back is infact a very stylized version of tian or ten (however you choose to pronounce it) meaning "sky" or "heaven"

http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/%E5%A4%A9

On Shin Akuma, the symbol is shen ren, or kami hito which technically translates to "god human." Again it is stylized, and also stacked vertically, almost appearing to be one character.

http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/%E7%A5%9E
http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/%E4%BA%BA

Ok on a different note, directly to sota, you guys should make a rosanov statue, he is a very neat character, and you would have no competition with other companies because no one else makes him. Most collectors have three Birdies! that guy is LAME! Rosanov nearly killed Birdie, Ken and chun li at once!
You guys could make a badass one of a kind rosanov. and you should, after bison and guile of course. Anyone agree?
http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i49/iamchileiam/rosanov.jpg
Is he the main villain from Street Fighter Alpha the movie? He would definitely be an interesting character to make, but I fear he might be too obscure to generate enough interest/pre-orders.

darkhadouKEN
02-02-2010, 04:57 PM
Ah, thanks for clearing that ten thing up. aswell as other things. i always wondered why he would have the number 10 on his back. one more tho, ANYONE no how he got that tat?
And yes he is the main villain "fighter" he is professor sadlers cyborg "alter ego" and was built by sucking power from previous street fighters in hopes to holster the dark hadou. And if metal zangief can sell, this guy will go like hotcakes, again no one has ever produced him. I guarantee a revo version of this character will outsell Mika! E. Honda, Zangief, Birdie, Sodom and Dan are all joke characters and are only there to lose and make vega, ken and main characters look good. Rosanov is as important as Bison, and is one of the only worther villain adversaries, you guys would put this character on the map. my 2 cents.

xenofreak
02-02-2010, 10:02 PM
I originally asked for a replacement from Capcom but they weren't even interested in replying. After 4 attempts to get a replacement, I sent the statue back. I finally got a refund (minus shipping costs both ways). I will never buy another thing from their online store again. What a nightmare.

I can confirm that Capcom online store has this worst customer service. Same thing happened to me with the Chun Li statue. You will get your order timely, but if there is a problem with it, be prepared for a big hassle and to lose money returning it. Do not ever buy anything from Capcom online store!!!!!!