PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars Product

d rod
04-24-2005, 09:13 PM
As you all know, we opened the auction site sonofaBID.com a few weeks ago. We plan on having it as a free auction site for as long as it takes to get it going. Like everything else, it takes time.

Favor:
Please click on the banner of StarWarsShop.com if you plan on buying directly from them. The cookie stays in your computer for about 30 days. This in turn, will show that you bought it via sob.com. You only have to do it once unless you click on someone else's Starwarsshop banner or delete your cookies. If the banner doesn't appear when you're on the page, just refresh until it does. There are about 10 rotating banners.

Thanks,

Danny

MONSTER
04-24-2005, 10:41 PM
Will do!

MONSTER
04-24-2005, 10:41 PM
I just tried it and got this error:

Halted. Cannot connect to database server!Halted. Cannot connect to database server!

d rod
04-24-2005, 10:52 PM
thanks, i'll let my tech guy know

d rod
04-28-2005, 12:56 AM
Problem Clicking Links - Clean your HOSTS file

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Many times people have alterations to their Windows HOSTS file which will prevent them from accessing some websites. This can affect sites like Ebay and Amazon.com at times. If you are getting messages from Firefox like "connection refused by blahblah.com" then this is probably the case. IE will usually just say "page not found" as if the site didnt exist. These can come from use of Kazaa, or other programs with built in advertising or spyware.

To rectify the situation, and clean out your Hosts file, please follow the instructions below:

NOTE: DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK. BACK UP YOUR ORIGINAL HOSTS FILE TO ANOTHER LOCATION, SO THAT IF SOMETHING GOES WRONG YOU CAN COPY AND PASTE IT BACK INTO THE RIGHT SPOT AS IF IT WERE UNCHANGED.

Originally found here, worked for me. Below walk thru is more detailed for dummies.

http://forums.majorgeeks.com/archiv...php/t-8598.html

1.) Open up Microsoft Notepad, or another text editor.

2.) In Windows, go to Start-->Find-->Files or Folders

3.) Choose the "Name and Location" tab.

4.) Enter "HOSTS" in the "Named" entry area.

5.) Select Drive C: from the "Look In" area. (or, whatever drive windows is installed on your computer).

6.) Hit "Find Now"

7.) In your results list, a file named "HOSTS" with no extention should appear. Drag that file into Microsoft Notepad. This file will most likely be in the folder named "WINDOWS". Make a mental note of the location to this file, whatever it is.

8.) Backup this file by saving it in Notepad to another location immediately.

9.) Close Notepad.

10.) Reopen Notepad.

11.) Drag the HOSTS file back into Notepad again.

12.) Find this line in the HOSTS file:

# localhost: Needs to stay like this to work
127.0.0.1 localhost

13.) Delete everything underneath those 2 lines.

14.) Save your HOSTS file.

15.) Done!

Collection King 13
04-28-2005, 08:02 AM
I wish I wouldve seen this thread on Tues! :banghead:

DarthBane
09-20-2005, 10:45 PM
Does anyone know if the biker scout is still coming out this september?