PDA

View Full Version : SIDESHOW T-800 PF REVIEW

JAWS
07-10-2009, 05:05 PM
I have decided to review the pfs and other statues that I own just for fun. I will start with the T-800 because I already did a review for him.

I will break down reviews, with a 5 star rating system, like so

Face Sculpt
Paint
Body Sculpt / Pose - I will break this down to two grades and then non scientifically average it out.
Clothes - I will break down like Body Sculpt / Pose
weapons (if applicable)
Lasting Appeal Let's face it we all love our pieces when we first get them. But do they have what it takes to become a classic? Will I keep it or grow tired and sell it?
Overall

Now onto the T-800
http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k41/JAWS_05/P1060815.jpg

I was really on the fence with this piece do to all of the complaints that people had about how thin the body was. I was also waiting for a T1 Pf, since I prefer that film, but later found out that the rights for the first film were tied up over the place so it would probably never happen. So I decided to sell off one of my other Pfs (which I will review at another time) and take a chance. Here are my thoughts.

Face sculpt - 5 out of 5 - WOW! Amazing! What else can I say? Probably the best face sculpt sideshow has done. This is Arnold. You feel like he is looking right at you. This is really the selling point of the piece.

Paint - 5 out of 5 - I amost took off a point due to the fact that my T-800 had an underpainted eyebrow which was driving me crazy. However I was able to fix it myself and since nobody else seemed to have the same issue I decided not to punish it for that small flaw. Other then that issue I had with the eyebrow the rest of the paint was perfect. The eyes are done very well and the skin tone is very realistic. Great job.

Body Sculpt - 3.5 out of 5 / Pose - 3.5 out of 5 - Total 3.5 out of 5 - Ok in person I really don't think he looks that thin but from some angles he does look a bit starved. Arnold in T2 @ times appears very thin. Could this Pf be a bit bigger. I say yes. I like the pose. It's a bit boring but that's The Terminator.

Clothes - 4.5 out of 5 I had to take off a 1/2 point for the belt. It's just to light. Everything else is Perfect. Excellent job.

Weapons - 3.5 out of 5 - Why could he not be holding the gatling gun? The grenade launcher is great but a bit boring. The granades around his shoulder look just fine.

Lasting appeal - 3.5 out of 5 - Now don't get me wrong. This is a great statue. But because of the somewhat boring pose and no gatling gun I could see myself trading up for something better in the future. I like the piece but I just don't go back stair at it like I do with some of the other statues that I own. But Big Fans of T2 will ever find themselves wanting to get rid of this.

Overall - 4 out 5 not an average - Even though I could see myself selling this off one day there is no getting by the great face sculpt, paint job, and Clothes. The Gatling gun would have put this piece over the top and been a perfect 5 out of 5. However the lack of said gun, the somewhat skinny sculpt and the boring pose bring the piece down for me. Yes the pose is pure Terminator but I could see getting bored looking at it. Only time will tell.

Next up CONAN

Bezzerkerr
07-11-2009, 07:57 PM
nice review...

your score of 3.5 / 5 is LUDACRIS

JAWS
07-12-2009, 01:57 AM
nice review...

your score of 3.5 / 5 is LUDACRIS

After some thought I decided I agree with you. I think I am putting to much empahasis on Lasting appeal when I come up with my overall score. If I was a bigger Terminator 2 fan this would probably get a higher Lasting appeal score from me. I should weigh the overall excellence of this piece a bit higher.

4 out of 5