PDA

View Full Version : Doctor Who Pf Some Day?

Kingofthehill78
07-13-2009, 05:49 AM
I'm not sure how many dr who fans are out there but I would buy every Pf if Sideshow had the license. I know that weta has it now but I think their statues look terrible I would love a 1/4 scale dalek or 1/4 scale tom baker. Anyone else here share my opinion on this?

Sledge Hammer!
07-13-2009, 10:39 PM
I'd love to see a PF of every single incarnation of The Doctor, as well as a few key companions and creatures, but sadly I just can't see it happening. Primarily because Doctor Who has never had that much of an impact stateside, it's very much a fringe/cult thing over there, and Sideshow is a US based company, that, while selling their wares worldwide, are still run by, and target their products primarily to, U. S. audiences and collectors. As such I don't think something like Doctor Who is even remotely on their radar.

There's a 1/6 scale Tom Baker piece coming out later this year from a company called Sixteen 12 Collectibles, but I have no idea how their final version will look. This is the proto though, and I'm definitely keeping an eye on it...

http://i.ebayimg.com/23/!BV(CfR!BWk~$(KGrHgoOKioEjlLmeN7IBKSHIHqBww~~_12.JPG

theguru1
07-14-2009, 02:56 AM
I can think of a couple of companions that I'd love as a PF (not sure where I'd fine the space for them tho), but its not really an issue, since I'm pretty sure it will never happen.

As for the Weta ones, I own two of them (Dalek and 4th Doc/Davros) and they are stunning. I also have the Borusa head dress which looks great and got the cyberleader on the way.
As for Sixteen 12, I've got their sonic screwdriver which is fantastic, but at this stage have no plans on getting any of their statues.

superdude
07-14-2009, 07:58 PM
Man, I would KILL for a Premium Format of David Tennant's Doctor.

Actually the company that produces the action figures already does some damn good likenesses. I'd love to see what one of their Premium Formats would look like...

Niero
07-14-2009, 08:15 PM

Me too! Doctor Who with Tennant is the best Tv Show ever!

riteguytu
07-14-2009, 08:38 PM

Actually the company that produces the action figures already does some damn good likenesses. I'd love to see what one of their Premium Formats would look like...

I agree! Tennant brought a whole different level of vibrancy into the franchise...Would love to have something like that on a shelf just to remind me of his run...(pun intended :D)

RogueCylon
07-15-2009, 10:23 AM
Ditto. Tennant was cool.

Daleks rule. I have 3 Dalek figures so far. I would love a Supreme 1/4 PF.