PDA

View Full Version : UPS Claim?

spenca7
07-23-2009, 09:07 PM
So a guy recieved a statue I sent him broken. He paid $240 plus shipping. Claimed insurance on UPS for $240, is it easy to go through claims with them? The buyer showed me pictures and said he would accept partial refund of $75 for fixing it. Would I be better off just doing partial refund?

Sniper
07-23-2009, 09:10 PM
yeah to get him out of your hair. Although he may have broken one an bought yours as a replacement.
If you o go through ups you have to start the claim and they go to his house an inspect the package.
THey are serious unlike the usps.
if he is up to no good tell him ups will go to his home an inspect it first before the claim.
the fact he is taking so little money and claims he is going to fix it would throw the red flags for me.

spenca7
07-23-2009, 09:16 PM
it did when he said he would take 75 but then i saw the damage. it is very clean cuts but who knows, hmm i just almost want to take it to make it go away but maybe I will let UPS know.

Sniper
07-23-2009, 09:18 PM
what piece was this buddy?

Sniper
07-23-2009, 09:19 PM
I had a claim through ups. I bought a batman bowen and the cape tips were broken. THey came to my home an investegated the statue. Matched the number and looked it over. They denied the claim because the seller did not package it properly. THere were pieces missing as well.
UPS is no joke when it comes to claims.

TrueFaith
07-23-2009, 09:44 PM
If it's a clean break it could be very fixable. Perhaps the buyer has been searching for this statue for a long time. Depending on the piece and where it was shipped to, his offer of $75 to fix it himself doesn't sound unreasonable.