PDA

View Full Version : PAD to Write Spidey

wktf
04-27-2005, 11:15 AM
This is great news, I think. PAD's return to "Incredible Hulk" hasn't been a major success as far as I'm concerned. But his work on Spider-Man, especially the "Death of Jean DeWolf" storyline, one of the many story arcs that eventually led to Venom's creation even though this had nothing to do with this story, was really first rate. One can only hope...

From www.newsarama.com

UPDATED: PAD WRITES ONGOING SPIDEY TITLE

Writer Peter David's resurgent Marvel career continues...

Today on his blog, David announced that later this year he'll be teaming with artist Mike Wieringo on a new ongoing Spider-Man title previously announced to have been written by Mark Waid.

His announcement reads:

"When Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man, the new Spidey series coming from Marvel late this summer, hits the stands, it will be launching with a different creative team than previously announced: Mike Wieringo as artist, and yours truly as writer.

"I'm really excited about this, since it's been years since I've written on ongoing Spidey title and fans have been asking when, or if, I'll ever have the opportunity again. I'm pleased to be working with Ringo, whose art I've very much enjoyed, and am grateful to editor Tom Brevoort for offering me the assignment (and Joe Q, naturally, for giving the final OK). Spidey was my very first comic work for Marvel, and it's great to be back."

PAD
UPDATE 8:30 pm EST: When contacted by Newsarama about the change, Waid responded:

"Due to a huge confluence of circumstances beyond my control, both personal and professional, it's with enormous reluctance that I've had to pull out of the upcoming Wieringo/Kesel Spidey book as writer. Marvel's been great to work with, so certainly no hard feelings on their end or mine--and after three years of bragging about them, I don't think I have to say again how fulfilling and exciting it is (and will hopefully again someday be) to work with Mike and Karl and editor Tom Brevoort and his hard-working crew (hi, Andy, Nicole and Stephanie!)--but for the moment, I'm dancing on that dangerous edge of serving no one by trying to serve everyone, and my ordinarily exemplary health has taken a minor hit because of it, so for my own sake, I need to reevaluate some priorities.

"Still, I know the sorts of things Axel, Tom, Joe Q, JMS and Reggie Hudlin have planned, and they're dynamite ideas for keeping Spider-Man fresh and dynamic--I may not be writing, but I'll be reading!"

Sam Wilson
04-27-2005, 11:34 AM
Love PAD. His Hulk really meant a lot to me in my formative years in late HS, early College.

Not a big Spidey fan, but I will check this out.

sleepindeath
04-27-2005, 12:49 PM
Why bother...every new spidey on-going eventually gets cancelled. Spectacular Spider-Man, Web Of Spider-Man, Spider-Man...etc...

As for the MK Spidey it is still to earlier...give a few more years.