PDA

View Full Version : The New Avengers

furie
04-27-2005, 03:54 PM
Just picked this book up and let me tell you, the art is just amazing. I have not enjoyed art like this in ages. No wonder Marvelbo keeps buying it all up. I really like this book a lot and think Bendis is doing a fine job. I guess I like his work more than most here on the forum.

I'd love to own the original art for this cover.

Sam Wilson
04-27-2005, 03:57 PM
And don't forget, our hermano wktf is reviewing this book this week (shameless plug).

madjazz
04-27-2005, 04:13 PM
The cover struck me as well this week. I think I made special mention of it on this week's weekly haul thread. It has been a much better series than I would have thought so far.

marvelboi77
04-27-2005, 07:38 PM
I loved issue #5 it was great, I got a Variant Spider-Woman cover today...

wktf
04-27-2005, 11:29 PM
And don't forget, our hermano wktf is reviewing this book this week (shameless plug).
Man, I thought this issue was (censored until Thursday's review!).

Bartman256
04-27-2005, 11:37 PM
I picked up #5 today, did not read yet and also got the variant cover.

MerriemsDaughter
04-28-2005, 09:53 AM
Loved the latest issue (# 5)
What I enjoy the most about the book (besides the fact that Jessica Drew appears in it) is the unpredictability...
Who would have thought that these are the people behind the Raft's breakout...and yet, it's clear they are answering to someone else.
With Bendis, you can't exactly assume anything...the appearance of a certain spider at the end (not Jessica) was another surprise!
I loved the humour of the nude scene and of course, I loved how Jessica Drew "dealt" with Wolverine.
Excellent, IMO