PDA

View Full Version : Doctor Who Weta Statues

moonlightdrive21
08-16-2009, 03:31 AM
Anyone own the Weta Doctor Who statues? Was wondering which are the nicest ones based on "in person" views of them (i.e., Dalek, Cybercontroller , and Doctor Who & Davros).

Thanks!

theguru1
08-16-2009, 04:09 AM
Dalek, no contest. Tho I would have got the Master, space, etc permitting, but don't think I will now.
I've still got the Cyberleader helm coming.

http://8uqtmq.bay.livefilestore.com/y1ptyNvaIjqzp5nPpThrh-oEsLlnGxdMJnMOVoGLIa1CzUW-pn8NSQ9P-tT8dacGipaPZjDAP09DRkA2c9ghn91Og/doctor_who_group.jpg

Kingofthehill78
08-16-2009, 04:28 AM
Its a shame because I love dr who but I wish they would have used a differnt pose and left the dalek alone ( or make it so if you want to display it open with the lil squid guy ya have the option) To me the daleks are supposed to look menacing and in that pose the dalek looks like krang from the teenage mutant ninja turtles. I also would have liked the tom baker vs davros if it wasn't for his long face like he just took a giant dump in his pants.

theguru1
08-16-2009, 04:36 AM
But there are so many 'closed' Daleks out there, that it's not like one is short of choices if that's what you want.

Kingofthehill78
08-16-2009, 04:42 AM
But there are so many 'closed' Daleks out there, that it's not like one is short of choices if that's what you want.

I know but they are toys it would have been nice to get a regular dalek statue

JLM
08-16-2009, 04:51 AM
I know that the Tom Baker statue is from an iconic moment of the show, but every time I see it I think it looks like The Doctor is try to bite Davros' arm.

The Time Lord mini bust looks very good. Do you have any of the others?

theguru1
08-16-2009, 05:04 AM
The Time Lord mini bust looks very good. Do you have any of the others?

I've got the Cyberleader helm coming, just don't have it yet.
I passed on the others, tho the Sontaran one was tempting.

JLM
08-16-2009, 12:12 PM
The Cyberleader does look good. I also quite like the Ice Warrior. Been tempted to get both.

moonlightdrive21
08-16-2009, 02:28 PM
Dalek, no contest. Tho I would have got the Master, space, etc permitting, but don't think I will now.
I've still got the Cyberleader helm coming.

http://8uqtmq.bay.livefilestore.com/y1ptyNvaIjqzp5nPpThrh-oEsLlnGxdMJnMOVoGLIa1CzUW-pn8NSQ9P-tT8dacGipaPZjDAP09DRkA2c9ghn91Og/doctor_who_group.jpg

Thanks! They all look great !!