PDA

View Full Version : Mid Ohio Comic Con

scottie_paul
08-23-2009, 04:30 PM
Who's Going? I have already set up a commission to pick up. I was going to pick up my Herb Trimpe commission, but had it mailed instead, since his rep said he prob. won't be there.

JadeGiant
08-23-2009, 05:29 PM
I will probably be there Saturday

MAJOR bummer that Herb will not be there

Scottsdale Saint
08-23-2009, 06:08 PM
That actually is a very solid guest list...if you are into original art, I suggest getting in Kitson's line first. Free kickass full-figure (color oftimes) sketches. Joe Jusko is also a great value for the caliber of artist that he is. Have a great time, con season is ratcheting up again, and I'm getting very excited for Baltimore...:D

Ink
08-23-2009, 06:10 PM
not me

JadeGiant
08-23-2009, 06:32 PM
That actually is a very solid guest list...if you are into original art, I suggest getting in Kitson's line first. Free kickass full-figure (color oftimes) sketches. Joe Jusko is also a great value for the caliber of artist that he is. Have a great time, con season is ratcheting up again, and I'm getting very excited for Baltimore...:D

did you say free?

mwf6171
08-23-2009, 06:42 PM
did you say free?

Yep!! Barry Kitson does free sketches at cons. I have an Iron Fist that a buddy picked up for me a couple years back. If I can find my scan of it, I will post it here. :D

You better make a B line for his table cause you could be in line for a long time!

JadeGiant
08-23-2009, 06:46 PM
Yep!! Barry Kitson does free sketches at cons. I have an Iron Fist that a buddy picked up for me a couple years back. If I can find my scan of it, I will post it here. :D

You better make a B line for his table cause you could be in line for a long time!

I'd love to see it Mike ... I hope the line is not too long ... I can only go one day at most this year so I would hate to spend the majority of it in line

Scottsdale Saint
08-23-2009, 06:47 PM
did you say free?

Not just free, but kickass awesome free. I'm seriously talking commission quality. He's the nicest guy, so hopefully everyone treats him well. Here's how it goes...

1. He takes a line the first day.
2. after a bit, Chad his usual tablemate will take a list of everyone in line.

3. Assuming you know the people around you, people can come and go, but you need to be there when your turn comes up. His pieces usually take anywhere from 30 minutes to an hour, so it's always good to be one of the first three or four people at his table. During a two day con, he usually averages from 10-15 pieces.

4. On the second day, the list resumes where he left off the first day, assuming people on the list are they when they are supposed to. He will start on the next person down the list if people aren't there.

5. Pieces are personalized (not optional), to make the chances of flipping his con pieces on EBAY less likely. Not a bad tradeoff, IMO.
I've been in Barry's line a couple of times, and those were the rules, as recently as Seattle of this year. Things can always change, so keep that in mind. Good luck, and I hope you have a great show. Post art when you return!

JadeGiant
08-23-2009, 06:50 PM
Not just free, but kickass awesome free. I'm seriously talking commission quality. He's the nicest guy, so hopefully everyone treats him well. Here's how it goes...

1. He takes a line the first day.
2. after a bit, Chad his usual tablemate will take a list of everyone in line.

3. Assuming you know the people around you, people can come and go, but you need to be there when your turn comes up. His pieces usually take anywhere from 30 minutes to an hour, so it's always good to be one of the first three or four people at his table. During a two day con, he usually averages from 10-15 pieces.

I've been in Barry's line a couple of times, and those were the rules, as recently as Seattle of this year. Things can always change, so keep that in mind. Good luck, and I hope you have a great show. Post art when you return!

thanks for the info ... I will be there with a few friends so maybe we can do a rotating thing ... 30 minutes or so each so we can roam and get other sketches ... thanks again

mwf6171
08-23-2009, 06:52 PM
Here you go. I couldn't find it my stuff, but it IS on the guy that picked it up for me CAF site.

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=276407&GSub=44461

Tattoo-X
08-23-2009, 06:55 PM
We'll be sure to get in Barry's line at ECCC next year.

JadeGiant
08-23-2009, 06:57 PM
Here you go. I couldn't find it my stuff, but it IS on the guy that picked it up for me CAF site.

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=276407&GSub=44461

thanks Mike!

Avenger
08-24-2009, 11:25 PM
Already requested that time off from work. :thumbs2:

Avenger
09-11-2009, 02:12 PM
:confused:

Any takers for dinner Saturday after the Con :D

abarron
09-11-2009, 02:24 PM
:confused:

Any takers for dinner Saturday after the Con :D

Tell you what fly me out and I will be there.

Barry Kitson is gonna be at a con near me in November so hopefully gonna pick something up from him

Avenger
09-30-2009, 11:57 PM
Tell you what fly me out and I will be there.

Barry Kitson is gonna be at a con near me in November so hopefully gonna pick something up from him

Did you get your ticket yet :p

predaking007
10-01-2009, 01:11 PM
Note: Barry Kitson just canceled his appearance at the Mid-Ohio con due to a family emergency. The con may have exclusive posters of Spiderman that Barry made for the con.

Barry is still planning to go to Baltimore the following week; however, even that appearance is not a guarantee.