PDA

View Full Version : SDCC 2010

Zodach
09-04-2009, 11:36 AM
I know it's a long way off, but you can never start planning too early for Comic-Con. I have a few questions if anyone here can help.

1) What is the volunteer process like? I know you usually work a 3 hour shift for each day that you get a pass. Do single day volunteers have access to Preview night or do you have to volunteer all 4 days? Also, do volunteers have the chance to get in early or are they in line with the regular attendees?

2) Does anyone know of any dealers or vendors that may need help either setting up or running a booth in exchange for early entrance?

I was at Comic-Con in 2007 and I know how busy it can get. If there's a chance I can get in before regular attendees to see some of the convention floor, it would be well worth some extra work.

Spideristic
09-18-2009, 08:58 AM
http://www.comic-con.org/cci/cci_reg.php
4 Day membership tickets are now on sale for $100 (with or without Preview Night).

With Preview Night will likely get sold out more quickly.

spider-man
09-18-2009, 11:57 AM
bought my tickets yesterday thanks to a friend telling me about it. apparently they were originally going to only let those who purchased their tickets at the show this year have preview night next year. They must have changed their minds. Something to think about though is that there are two options that cost the same , one with preview night and one without. My buddy and I are wondering if they are only going to allow so many preview night four day passes due to what they told people who purchased their tickets at the show. Something to think about if your procrastinating about buying tickets for next year.

Royd
09-22-2009, 10:55 AM
Bought my 4 day pass (with Preview Night) today - woohoo!

No idea about volunteers and Preview Night - this is all they had at the website -

"Volunteering for Comic-Con is a great way to see the show for free by working a simple three-hour per day shift; the day you work is the day you get in for free.

Those who work all four days get the limited edition Comic-Con Volunteer T-shirt (the 2007 edition featured Superman Doomsday!). Volunteers must be at least 16 years of age."

Maybe worthwhile sending an e-mail to Comic-Con asking about how volunteers can access Preview Night? Best,

Royd

TrueFaith
09-24-2009, 11:22 AM
Having the tickets with Preview Night the same price as tickets without it is confusing a few of my friends who will be attending for the first time. Got a bunch of calls yesterday from people wondering which they should get. Personally, I know I'll be so wiped out by Sunday after the 4 regular days of the Con I don't see any need to attend Preview Night. :rolleyes2

Bishop40
09-28-2009, 01:45 PM
I ordered mine today and it will be my first SDCC. Boy is my wallet and savings account is going to be hurting after C2E2 and SDCC next year.

OD

marvelboi77
09-28-2009, 09:49 PM
I ordered mine a few days ago. I should have ordered them at the show, but I got a little busy and didn't make it a priority. I figured I better buy now before I get left in the dust.

lukabratzi
10-04-2009, 05:16 PM
why on earth is it on a monday through thursday this year?

it's disgusting

fenix v.2.0
10-04-2009, 05:22 PM
Were the 4 day passes $100 last year?

Sam Wilson
10-04-2009, 05:23 PM
wktf, kdawg and myself all have our passes...

Bullseye
10-04-2009, 05:24 PM
Strange if that's true.

Scottsdale Saint
10-04-2009, 06:23 PM
why on earth is it on a monday through thursday this year?

it's disgusting
UMMMM, what you talkin' bout Willis? It's on Wednesday-Sunday, just like it always is.

lukabratzi
10-04-2009, 07:42 PM
Oh thank god.

You're right, I totally misread the con dates on cci's site. My bad folks, i'm running mostly on caffeine for the past like 3 days

derekrodneysim
10-05-2009, 03:01 AM
I wanna go!!!! :bawling:

dagouch17
10-06-2009, 03:46 PM
just saw on comic book resources that the preview night/4day passes for next year is sold out? Can anyone confirm if this is true?

fenix v.2.0
10-06-2009, 03:49 PM
it is true

lcummins
10-06-2009, 03:49 PM
just saw on comic book resources that the preview night/4day passes for next year is sold out? Can anyone confirm if this is true?

Yep! It's true! Right on their registration page...

Scottsdale Saint
10-07-2009, 03:44 PM
Preview night memberships are already sold out...If I can finagle a dealer badge, I may still go, otherwise, I'm probably a no show for 2010. Surprisingly I'm apathetic about the whole thing, I missed 2009, and lots of friends that went said if I was going to miss a year, I picked a good one to bail on. Really the only compelling reason to attend 2010 would be an appearance from Royd, but aside from that, I would be much more excited about saving up for a Toronto or a New York show...we'll see, but the odds on going now are less than 25 percent.:eek:

marvelboi77
10-07-2009, 04:10 PM
Badges were $75 last year to answer the question.

spider-man
10-08-2009, 04:43 AM
I knew it! I said in an earlier post that they were going to do this.

Scottsdale Saint
10-08-2009, 06:23 AM
I knew it! I said in an earlier post that they were going to do this.

Yah, you called it, but I'd hardly call ten months before the show procrastinating. It's funny they're concerned about the crowd being too big on preview night; pretty ridiculous that they care about the abbreviated day being overcrowded, especially since less people go that day anyways, since it is a shorter day with a much shorter panel schedule. HeroesCon, Toronto Expo or the early 2010 NYCC is looking more and more likely.:eplus2:

wktf
10-08-2009, 12:41 PM
wktf, kdawg and myself all have our passes...

Word, brother.

spider-man
10-08-2009, 04:56 PM
Yah, you called it, but I'd hardly call ten months before the show procrastinating. It's funny they're concerned about the crowd being too big on preview night; pretty ridiculous that they care about the abbreviated day being overcrowded, especially since less people go that day anyways, since it is a shorter day with a much shorter panel schedule. HeroesCon, Toronto Expo or the early 2010 NYCC is looking more and more likely.:eplus2:

I guess in the panels that they have to voice their concerns over what comic con is doing wrong this was pretty high on the list. For the last few years there have been way too many people on preview night and I guess it makes it hard on the retailers too.

Kirbyfan
10-09-2009, 04:43 PM
I don't have a problem not getting in on Wednesday night, but not being able to get my badge until Thursday is what sucks. That means if there's a panel I want to go to that morning, I'm outta luck.

I'd like to know how many preview night passes they had. I'm obviously not one of them. Never thought I'd have to buy my tickets 10 months in advance.

nightstar1441
10-11-2009, 01:18 PM
Actually - think we were lucky - we have our badges ordered and were able to get the Preview Night - we ordered them about a week ago so they went quickly

abarron
10-14-2009, 05:19 PM
Already might need a favour from someone

hawkeyethearcher
10-14-2009, 06:57 PM
well i dont care about preview night nut will buy the 4 day pass this year

Sith_Prime
10-15-2009, 12:56 PM
I bought my four day pass but missed out on Preview Night.

awilco
10-16-2009, 05:19 PM
The volunteer process is a lot more hectic than they lead you to believe on the site. You sign up for a shift the day before, but last year they ran out of assignments. No, volunteers don't get in early to anything. You stand in line and wait for everything else (panels, signings, line drawings, etc.). If you get the earliest assignment at say, 7am you won't be let off until 10am (and the convention doors are open at 9:30).

Typically if you sign up to volunteer in advance, you get in to preview night. BUT they haven't released details about Volunteering in 2010. This may change as they tighten up entrance on Wednesday night.

As of 2009, if you work ONE volunteer shift, you are eligible to get a volunteer t-shirt. A lot of people don't pick up their shirts, even if they worked all 4 days. The fulfillment room is located pretty far away.

albeeman
11-06-2009, 04:08 PM
4-day PASSES ARE NOW SOLD OUT!!!!

Deeeyam!

Good thing I bought mines yesterday on my lunch break!

nbr3bagshotrow
11-06-2009, 04:32 PM

Deeeyam!

planning on blowing something up? Maybe some fanboys who don't shower enough?

albeeman
11-07-2009, 05:41 AM
planning on blowing something up? Maybe some fanboys who don't shower enough?

:laugh:

but youre right.. i mean cmon!! Use soap and work up a good lather people!

Primal
11-07-2009, 11:22 AM

Deeeyam!

Gah! I guess I wont be going next year. :(
Amazing that they sold out 9 months in advance but not surprising. That con is a madhouse.

sketch515
11-07-2009, 07:25 PM
so glad i have proffessional badges

dagouch17
11-08-2009, 12:48 AM
you and me both bro. I guess I'll have throw ya a little something something extra. :

Can't wait for next year!!! my first SDCC!!!

marvelboi77
11-29-2009, 12:05 AM
you and me both bro. I guess I'll have throw ya a little something something extra. :

Can't wait for next year!!! my first SDCC!!!

Don't come a knocking on that hotel door...:wink2:

marvelboi77
11-29-2009, 12:06 AM
I was able to book my hotel already and I got it for free. I used all of my Hilton points up that I collect when I go on work assignments

dagouch17
11-29-2009, 10:09 PM
yeah my response didn't intend to go that way at all.

marvelboi77
11-30-2009, 03:32 PM
Single days go on sale December 15, 2009.

wktf
11-30-2009, 10:14 PM
Gah! I guess I wont be going next year. :(
Amazing that they sold out 9 months in advance but not surprising. That con is a madhouse.

Omar, come on! You've got to go. Too many rounds to put down to miss any SDCC my friend!

Primal
11-30-2009, 10:40 PM
Omar, come on! You've got to go. Too many rounds to put down to miss any SDCC my friend!

4-day passes are gone though. :(

Royd
12-01-2009, 06:51 AM
Got my tickets (4 day with Preview Night) booked/paid, my flights booked (19 hours of flying time), my accommodation booked (within close proximity to the con).

Sadly, I had to pay my own accommodation this year when Bryan Hitch kindly gave me a room at the Marriott last year :)

Now I'm working out my side trips to Vegas, New York and LA before and after the con. Hoping to take up Dave Mandel's kind invitation to see his collection and Howard Chaykin's cool invite to view his art collection.

Also looking forward to catching up with old mates at the con and repeating a dinner with Playboy Playmates who have booth space at a mate's booth :)

Wrothy
12-01-2009, 07:07 AM
Got my tickets (4 day with Preview Night) booked/paid, my flights booked (19 hours of flying time), my accommodation booked (within close proximity to the con).

Sadly, I had to pay my own accommodation this year when Bryan Hitch kindly gave me a room at the Marriott last year :)

Now I'm working out my side trips to Vegas, New York and LA before and after the con. Hoping to take up Dave Mandel's kind invitation to see his collection and Howard Chaykin's cool invite to view his art collection.

Also looking forward to catching up with old mates at the con and repeating a dinner with Playboy Playmates who have booth space at a mate's booth :)

It's official - I hate you mate. :tounge: :wink2:

Royd
12-01-2009, 09:56 AM
LOL! Awwwww.... Steve... :) Hey, I'm thinking of getting this for my trip to New York after SDCC -
http://tinyurl.com/yd6mxwz

Looks like a must have item ;)

It's official - I hate you mate. :tounge: :wink2:

Wrothy
12-01-2009, 10:01 AM
LOL! Awwwww.... Steve... :) Hey, I'm thinking of getting this for my trip to New York after SDCC -

I can just imagine you doing the whole tourist thing and pointing to a site in the book and asking a local where to find it! :laugh:

VinReaper
12-01-2009, 10:02 AM

Oh no! I hope it doesn't list the NYC location of the Hellfire Club! Then you will be in my house! :D

VR

Wrothy
12-01-2009, 10:05 AM
Oh no! I hope it doesn't list the NYC location of the Hellfire Club! Then you will be in my house! :D

VR

:laugh: :laugh:

wktf
12-01-2009, 11:34 AM
4-day passes are gone though. :(

I know...we'll miss you, bro.

Primal
12-01-2009, 03:23 PM
I know...we'll miss you, bro.

http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/5923/bonho0.jpg

IronLungs31
12-09-2009, 01:27 AM
Can't believe that the have sold out the 4 day passes already. I don't think that I could las 4 days anyways. One day is more than enough for me anyways.

What do you guys do with a 4 day pass? I'm guess that you guys watch those little shows that the put on and things like that.

spider-man
12-09-2009, 11:23 PM
There's different pannels every hour of every day , four days isn't enough if you go to a lot of those.

nemesisenforcer
12-14-2009, 11:37 PM
Tickets go on sale tomorrow. Anybody know how much it will cost?

IronLungs31
12-15-2009, 12:39 PM
What time do the start selling the one day membership passes? I've tried to buy mine this morning and there is nowhere for me to find a link to purchase.

IronLungs31
12-15-2009, 02:29 PM
Nevermind now just put in for my pass on the 23rd. Can't make it this year on the 24th like I would have like to, because my oldest B-Day is on the 24th.

Averone
12-15-2009, 06:09 PM
All the passes are up for sale!
Dont forget to get them.

Sat. will sell out very fast. Looks like half are almost sold out! So hurry guys if you want to go!

marvelboi77
12-24-2009, 02:40 AM
Saturday is sold out and Friday is closing in....

BoloMusashi
02-11-2010, 08:25 AM
Wasn't able to get the 4-day pass, but I was able to score tickets to Thursday and Sunday. I also snapped up some tickets to NYCC. I'm stoked as I've always wanted to attend a major convention.

J Storm
03-09-2010, 11:02 PM
For those with iPhones/iPod Touch, there's a new app called The Official Comic Con App. Right now, all it has is countdowns for Wondercon, SDCC & APE 2010. But when the shows are running, it will have the latest news, programs, exhibitors, maps as well as info on special guests, exclusive items, awards, etc.

This app is free and updates & other cons will be added.

Krypton Knight
03-18-2010, 12:06 PM
Hotel reservations are now open. http://www.comic-con.org/cci/cci_hotel.shtml

Tax Man Chris
03-18-2010, 12:18 PM
Got my form in. Hopefully this new method of taking reservations will get me a decent hotel. Last three years I haven't been able to get a hotel because they sell out so fast.

MONSTER
03-18-2010, 12:20 PM
Filled my form out. I may just end up driving back and forth again depending on what's available.

Krypton Knight
03-18-2010, 12:49 PM
Yeah, this new system they've implemented is much less stressful than in the past but now it's a waiting game to see what hotel I end up with.

Royd
03-18-2010, 01:13 PM
Woohoo! Got through to a live person (after about 30 minutes of trying) at the hotel reservations line and submitted my list of 12 hotels - just have to see which one I ended up with :)

Look forward to seeing SF mates (Ken, George, et al) at the show! Best,

Royd

albeeman
03-18-2010, 02:45 PM
Dang.. finished my submission at 9:08am PST.

I just called Travelplanners and they told me that at 9:05am, they already had 5,000 submissions!

Hope... hope.. hope...

dagouch17
03-18-2010, 06:40 PM
I didn't even mess with that stuff. I booked my hotel last year. I was lucky I know a girl that works for marriott and got her rate. It's not in walking distance but I'll have the family and rent a car. Just park at a train stop and come on in.

Krypton Knight
03-18-2010, 07:57 PM
Just got a confirmation e-mail (8 hours later) but it doesn't tell me anything but the confirm #. There's nothing in the body of the e-mail, just a subject title.

marvelboi77
03-18-2010, 08:30 PM
Got my form in. Hopefully this new method of taking reservations will get me a decent hotel. Last three years I haven't been able to get a hotel because they sell out so fast.

You can get hotels if you pay the normal rate ahead of time, you can stay where ever you want. I booked my hotel in October I had enough Hilton points to get my entire stay for free.:wink2:

marvelboi77
03-18-2010, 08:32 PM
Can you guys believe it, it's only 4 months away..... I can't wait it's the best part of the year.

Simon Williams
03-18-2010, 09:32 PM
When do they start show what the exclusives will be.

Cotasnoova
03-18-2010, 10:10 PM
Well. Submitted my form at 9:01am, just got my confirmatin at a hotel 5 miles away and not even on my list. Had the four day with preview night and now it looks like I will not be going. Something is not right here.

xXx
03-18-2010, 10:42 PM
Well. Submitted my form at 9:01am, just got my confirmatin at a hotel 5 miles away and not even on my list. Had the four day with preview night and now it looks like I will not be going. Something is not right here.

At least you got closer! we got the Sheraton in Mission Valley 6 miles away!:banghead: Same thing not even on the list!!

Cotasnoova
03-18-2010, 10:55 PM
At least you got closer! we got the Sheraton in Mission Valley 6 miles away!:banghead: Same thing not even on the list!!

I am currently very pissed/sad.

sketch515
03-18-2010, 10:55 PM

ditto

Royd
03-19-2010, 12:24 AM
True, which is exactly what I did as well late last year so I already have a booking at a hotel about 1 mile from the con centre. However, I thought it was worth trying for the convention rate which is cheaper.

I haven't heard back as yet but at least I have a fall-back. Pity I can't get accommodation for free like my last visit in 2008 when Bryan Hitch kindly let me use one of his rooms which he got as a guest of the con ;)

Also pleased to see that good mate Stuart Immonen is a guest of SDCC this year! I'll be catching up with him there but have also helped to arrange his visit to Oz to appear as a guest at Supanovas Sydney and Perth in June. I'll get to see him at my hometown con! Best,

Royd

You can get hotels if you pay the normal rate ahead of time, you can stay where ever you want. I booked my hotel in October I had enough Hilton points to get my entire stay for free.:wink2:

MONSTER
03-19-2010, 12:35 AM
Pity I can't get accommodation for free like my last visit in 2008 when Bryan Hitch kindly let me use one of his rooms which he got as a guest of the con ;)
Royd

:ignore: :vortex:

MONSTER
03-19-2010, 12:36 AM
Mine came back with a hotel 3 miles from the convention center. I think I'll just drive each day.

Royd
03-19-2010, 06:04 AM
LOL :hilarious: Looking forward to seeing you at SDCC mate!

:ignore: :vortex:

Krypton Knight
03-19-2010, 11:43 AM
Looks like a lot of people are upset with what they got. Finally found out mine came back to a hotel 3 miles away and wasn't on my top 12 list either. I haven't heard back from Travel Planners on how to accept and pay the deposit to hold the reservation.

Royd
03-19-2010, 08:37 PM
I finally heard back from SDCC’s Travel Planners this morning with a reply which essentially says that they received a larger than normal number of requests for accommodation and that they were still trying to place me in one of my preferences.

They added that with the new system (which requires a deposit up front) more rooms would shake free in a few days time. Bummer :(

Oh well, at least I have the back-up plan! We'll see what happens with the con rate booking.....

NWO SCUM
03-19-2010, 10:53 PM
I really would like to go to this event. I truly need some geek friends or at least cool people with an open mind. All my friends think their all bad and too cool for anything.

MONSTER
03-19-2010, 11:35 PM
LOL :hilarious: Looking forward to seeing you at SDCC mate!

Sounds great. I was glad to here that you're able to make it out here again so soon.

Royd
03-19-2010, 11:43 PM
Yeah, last time it was "6 years between drinks", this time it's only 2 :)

Believe me, I've been actively promoting and selling Nicola Scott, Colin Wilson, Ben Stenbeck and Ardian Syaf's original art over the last year so that I would be able to afford to visit again especially with my planned side-trips this year!

Going to Vegas before the con and catching up with art dealer and artist mate there, then SDCC to catch up with long-distance mates, then NYC for a week (side trip to visit Jim Reid to see his collection), back to LA for 4 days (possible side trips to visit Dave Mandel and Howard Chaykin) and then home - whew!

Should be a blast :)

Sounds great. I was glad to here that you're able to make it out here again so soon.

Wrothy
03-19-2010, 11:49 PM
Yeah, last time it was "6 years between drinks", this time it's only 2 :)

Believe me, I've been actively promoting and selling Nicola Scott, Colin Wilson, Ben Stenbeck and Ardian Syaf's original art over the last year so that I would be able to afford to visit again especially with my planned side-trips this year!

Going to Vegas before the con and catching up with art dealer and artist mate there, then SDCC to catch up with long-distance mates, then NYC for a week (side trip to visit Jim Reid to see his collection), back to LA for 4 days (possible side trips to visit Dave Mandel and Howard Chaykin) and then home - whew!

Should be a blast :)

I hate you.

;)

MONSTER
03-19-2010, 11:52 PM
I hate you.

;)

Join the club.:hilarious: :thumbs2:

Royd
03-20-2010, 02:19 AM
Haha, I haven't even mentioned the good stuff yet ;)

On a serious note, as the con draws closer, I'll be posting details of the SDCC booth where I'll be located along with Colin Wilson and possibly Nicola Scott.

Colin will definitely be sketching at the con and he turns out fabulous con pieces although he prefers non-spandex (ie Jonah Hex, Judge Dredd, Star Wars characters, Blueberry etc.). He can turn out an amazing Blueberry cowboy piece in a short time frame. Best,

Royd

Primal
03-26-2010, 10:41 AM
This sux the big one. :mad: The new system didnt work out for me and it seems like a lot of others. In the past couple of years if at first I didnt get a room in a preferred hotel I'd just look around for a bit within comic-con's site til I found one or go back to my first choice and sure enough it would reopen within a few minutes despite slowness with the site. This time around i put in my request...didnt get a response til the next day and wasnt given a hotel option till a few days later. Suffice to say the hotel I got wasnt on my list and isnt even within a couple of miles. :banghead: Screw that.

Might have to look for other options or not go at all. :(

wktf
03-26-2010, 04:08 PM
Omar, I thought you'd previously mentioned you wouldn't be able to go. Reading your post it sounds like an outside possibility you might be there? Hope so. Would be great to catch up again, if so.

dagouch17
03-26-2010, 04:32 PM
Please forgive my ignorance guys. This is first time I'm doing San Diego. Most of my cons are on the East Coast. My hotel is a little bit aways. I'm staying at Courtyard by Marriott San Diego Central. I booked my hotel way in advance with a friend that works there. I'm literally getting a steal on the price of the whole suite.

I know its a ways but I figured I could always find a park and ride and take the train in. I see a lot of people upset not getting their choice hotel. I'm going to be in San Diego for 8 days all together. With me and the family touring SD and LA while I'm there.

I'm just trying to understand why some people are upset with the hotel situation. Is it because you want to be in walking distance?

Mike

xXx
03-26-2010, 05:04 PM
Please forgive my ignorance guys. This is first time I'm doing San Diego. Most of my cons are on the East Coast. My hotel is a little bit aways. I'm staying at Courtyard by Marriott San Diego Central. I booked my hotel way in advance with a friend that works there. I'm literally getting a steal on the price of the whole suite.

I know its a ways but I figured I could always find a park and ride and take the train in. I see a lot of people upset not getting their choice hotel. I'm going to be in San Diego for 8 days all together. With me and the family touring SD and LA while I'm there.

I'm just trying to understand why some people are upset with the hotel situation. Is it because you want to be in walking distance?

Mike

Seems like several people got Hotels several miles away from the Convention Center this year! it's very convenient to have a room close by, preferably in walking distance. makes it easy to take breaks from the con and drop off your stuff, take a nap, or get a second wind. Normally me and my family take the train down from L.A. to S.D. for the convention. just for the cost of parking my car in S.D., it's cheaper for us to take the train to San Diego. unfortunately that is not the case this year, this year, like most of the people here, we got a hotel beyond the hotel circle area, which does not have Con shuttles, so, it just makes it more of an inconvenience to have get up earlier each day and pay extra to hopefully, get the car in the convention parking.
If anything if your not in walking distance to the con, it's really more of a hassle each day just to get there early enough to find parking and having the convenience of being able to just walk to your room and take a break.

Royd
03-29-2010, 09:06 AM
A bunch of Aussie attendees are repeating their experience from last year where they rented a house some miles from the convention centre but split 5 ways the accommodation for the week was very reasonable and they hired a car (a Mustang!) to go into the con every day.

They weren't bothered at not having the convenience of a hotel nearby. They just partied until it was time to crash :) Thankfully I'll be located at a booth where I can leave all my "stuff" (original art for sale etc.) and any con booty which I purchase during the con.

Sith_Prime
03-30-2010, 07:53 PM
For the past few years, I got a hotel miles away from the Con. I rented a car and I really didn't have trouble finding a place to park. However, I did get up early enough to get to the Con before 9am. I parked at the garage next to Petco, which is cool because the car wasn't parked under the sun.

Last year I stayed at the Marriott Courtyard in Central San Diego. It's a bit of a drive, but I drove South to the 805 and took the 15 to the 94 freeways into Downtown, which gets you near Petco.

Royd
04-08-2010, 10:24 PM
Just a quick news article about the con probably staying in San Diego:

"Comic-Con may stay in San Diego
Convention Center to receive $753 mil expansion
By MARC GRASER
Comic-Con

Comic-Con is one step closer to staying in San Diego.

The Port of San Diego and the city's convention center have agreed on a plan to build a $753 million expansion to the facility that would open in time for the 2015 edition of Comic-Con.

The event, which attracts 126,000 attendees each year, has outgrown its current home and organizers are considering moving to another city with a bigger facility once Comic-Con's contract with San Diego expires in 2012.

Anaheim and Los Angeles are lobbying to land the confab. The Anaheim and Orange County Convention & Visitors Bureau is offering up its 800,000 square foot convention center, while the Los Angeles Convention and Visitors Bureau has offered Comic-Con the city's 720,000 square foot convention center for free, as well as venues at LA Live and deep discounts on the hotels in the area, according to sources close to the talks.

The new addition to San Diego's facility would add 200,000 square feet of exhibit space, a third ballroom and 100,000 square feet of meeting rooms behind the current convention center alongside the waterfront. If built, the center would offer up 815,000 square feet of exhibit space, similar to Anaheim's center.

San Diego already has offered an agreement to extend its deal with Comic-Con through 2015, by offering up meeting space at nearby hotels.

San Diego's center has been dealing with overcrowding issues since 2001, and has been forced to turn away nearly 400 events in recent years because of space issues, according to the San Diego Union-Tribune. Events there pump $18 billion into the local economy, a mayoral task force reported last year.

The Port of San Diego brokered a pact with Fifth Avenue Landing, a private business group that owns the 7-acre plot of bayfront where the expansion and a new 250-500-room hotel will be built.

The proposal must still be approved by orgs like the California Coastal Commission. And then there's the tough task of raising financing to build the expansion. At least $50 million will be needed to pay back loans each year.

Comic-Con began in San Diego 41 years ago."

dagouch17
04-08-2010, 11:22 PM
Hey Sith!!

I'm actually staying at the same Marriott. I got a steal of a price because of a Friend that works there and got the employee rate.

I would greatly appreciate what your experience was on the drive to the show. I was thinking the same thing or driving to a park and ride and taking the trolley.

Mike

Sith_Prime
04-09-2010, 01:58 PM
Hey Sith!!

I'm actually staying at the same Marriott. I got a steal of a price because of a Friend that works there and got the employee rate.

I would greatly appreciate what your experience was on the drive to the show. I was thinking the same thing or driving to a park and ride and taking the trolley.

Mike

Hi Mike,

Congrats on getting a great rate on your hotel room.

The drive wasn't too bad at all. I didn't run into heavy grid lock traffic until I got closer to the downtown area (the 94 highway). It was about a 20-30min drive to from the Marriott to the Convention area (that was around 7-7:30 am). There were quite of few other people in that hotel that are attending the Con as well.

If you want to take the tolley, and do the park and ride thing, I suggest parking at Qualcomm Stadium, as it's closer to the Marriott you're staying and the tolley will drop you off right in front of the convention. However, I think you may have to pay for parking.

But, if you do decide to drive, I recommend leaving early so you can park in the garage across from Petco Park. Remember, it's going to be July, and you'll be thankful you're car in under a roof. You may consider buying a styrofoam cooler to keep in your car, so store drinks and whatnot, because most likely you're going to head back to your car a few times to drop off some free swag or other stuff you may buy. There's an Alberston grocery store on 14th Street between Market and G St, in case you need food and other supplies for the Con and Hotel Room.

Again, from the Marriott, I'd take the 163 freeway south to the 805 freeway (I think the sign may say 805 East, just make sure you're going in the Highway 8 direction toward QualComm Stadium), then take the South 15 Freeway to the West 94 freeway. The 94 freeway will turn into F Street (IIRC). You can either turn right onto 17th St. or 14th Street which will both take you to Imperial Ave, where you'd take a right turn to Petco Park.

Here's map of the parking area near Petco Stadium and Albertson Grocery store. I marked in red the routes to the parking garage, and a green X where the Ablertson Grocery store.

http://img697.imageshack.us/img697/2126/00sdccmap.jpg
If you're into blogging, you may want to bring you laptop to the Con, as there was free Wifi last year by AT&T. I saw a few people at WonderCon sitting in at panels with their laptops open and blogging away about it.

dagouch17
04-09-2010, 02:08 PM
Thanks for the info Bro. Off hand how much is parking at Petco?

Thanks.

Mike

Sith_Prime
04-09-2010, 02:33 PM
Parking near Petco was about $20 a day, but I think it's worth the price, because you may walk back and forth to your car.

There a few other parking garages that's pretty far away (walking-wise) and it's on a slight incline along 5th Ave and 6th Ave. I think parking there was like $15 a day. There is also parking right under the Convention Center, but that is a pain to get to with all the foot traffic and stop lights. Additionally, parking under the Con tends to fill up rather quickly.

For me, parking at Petco stadium was the most easy way to get into and out of the downtown area.

If you're into the nightlife and the bar/club scene be sure to check out the Gaslamp Quarters directly across the Convention Center of Fifth Ave. There are plenty of pretty people around at night, especially at the Hard Rock cafe and I'm talking scantily clad women enjoying the warm weather ready to party and get their drink on. I've seen a few stormtroopers in gear head into those night time catinas. The establishments are very welcoming of the ComicCon crowd.

dagouch17
04-12-2010, 09:58 PM
Thanks man.

Appreciate it.

Mike

Simon Williams
04-12-2010, 10:08 PM
any list on exclusives yet.

hawkeyethearcher
04-13-2010, 12:17 PM
mattycollector ex

Hey toy fans,

Part 1 of what will be a 2-part story on Mattel's SDCC exclusives just aired on G4's Attack of the Show. Big thanks to Blair and the whole AOTS crew, who were a pleasure to work with.

Since not all the sound bites made it into the final aired cut, here are a few more tidbits on the exclusives revealed thus far:

Mo-Larr vs. Skeletor.

This box set will be $40.00 both at SDCC and on MattyCollector.com after the show (no change to product). Mo-Larr will come with all his tools including his drill and his floss. Skeletor features a new toothless face and comes with his Havok Staff, Power Sword and half Power Sword. The pack out is truly epic as designed by Ray Makowski. It includes Skeletor's massage chair and magazine collection as chip art. Also features brand new bios supplied by the gang at Robot Chicken!

Orko (with Prince Adam)

So here is the first of our SDCC items that will be different after the show. The version of Orko at SDCC will feature color change when you dip him in warm water. His magic book also show the SDCC logo in hot water. The version sold on MattyCollector.com after the show will not be color change (on Orko or the book) but both version will include his stand, wand and book as well as a pack in Prince Adam with two heads (He-Man and new Prince Adam smirk) as well as a purple Power Sword and half purple Power Sword.

The bio on the back belongs to Orko as this is his figure. Adam is his accessory! The only difference between the SDCC version and the MattyCollector.com version is the color change feature. $25.00

A lot of fans have asked "why Orko for SDCC?" Well, simple. We chose Orko because we wanted to go with a more 'A' list MOTU character who would draw in fans otherwise unfamiliar with the current line. In the past our SDCC items have been a bit more obscure in character selection so we deliberately went the other way this year. Also, since Orko was larger then a "standard" accessory we had no way to fit him into a monthly $20.00 figure structure. But by pairing him with Adam we could do a unique structure for a unique price ($25.00) at the show. One of the whole points of an SDCC item is to get PR for a line and to do an item that wouldn't fit into the standard line due to size, theme etc... This fit the bill in a lot of ways!

Plastic Man

Plasti comes with a ton of accessories and does everything plastic can do. He has standard arms, stretchy arms, snap on stretch parts like a fly swatter and paddle ball. He also has a snap on bendy neck piece and a spring snap on leg piece.

And only at SDCC you can get Plastic Man as a suit case (similar to Gleek). you can even snap on his arms and head to the suitcase as if he has been "shopping at SDCC". Open the case up for an extra surprise.

Plastic Man will be on MattyCollector.com after the show, but the suitcase is only a gift with purchase at SDCC. $20.00

Starro DC 75th pack.

The grand daddy of our SDCC items for this year. This pack is a recreation of the classic Brave and the Bold cover and features light and sounds as well as the voice of Batman actor Kevin Conroy. Each figure in the set has a recorded description just like a museum display with Kevin describing the origin of each character. It is an incredible package designed by Frank Varela.

And as a bonus, only at SDCC will you get a polly bag set of four 6" scale Starro Spores that work with most DCUC action figures! The Starro Spores are only available at the show as a gift with purchase! $50.00

We'll have more SDCC exclusives to reveal Thursday night and the whole list (including some not on the show) will be up on MattyCollector.com on Friday.

See you all in San Diego!

Sith_Prime
04-13-2010, 02:45 PM
Here's the video referenced in the post above.

VIDEO CLIP: First Look at Mattel Collectibles Coming to Comic-Con 2010 (http://g4tv.com/videos/45285/First-Look-at-Mattel-Collectibles-Coming-to-Comic-Con-2010/)

Hasbro to Re-Issue Blaster as San Diego Comic-Con 2010 Exclusive
http://tformers.net/g/generated/13061/Blaster__scaled_500.jpg

SGT. SLAUGHTER PRIMARY FIGURE

http://jeffkatz.typepad.com/.a/6a0120a721c2d7970b0120a8f519d2970b-800wi

The VARIANT FIGURE is packaged with a machine gun and revolver.

http://jeffkatz.typepad.com/.a/6a0120a721c2d7970b0120a8f51801970b-800wi

The early buzz is that both figures will be made available for purchase on HasbroToyShop.com following SDCC, but that is all mere speculation at this point. Given the “special edition” nature of the primary figure (not to mention the “special SPECIAL edition” nature of the variant), one would expect supplies to be very limited following the convention. There is currently no word on pricing but we will let you know once we hear something official.

joy_division
04-13-2010, 04:02 PM
wondercon blackest night hal jordan and brightest day sinestro look to be made available at SD too

joy_division
04-13-2010, 04:12 PM
Just watched the video and those mattel exclusives are pretty cool. If anyone could hook me up with the molar and starro box set, I'd be happy to pay you for your troubles

NWO SCUM
04-13-2010, 09:55 PM
I also collect MOTUC and Mo-Lar is one exclusive I will not lose any sleep over. :thumbsdow The other exclusives I might get. Time will tell.

Sith_Prime
04-16-2010, 06:43 PM
Here's the second part video of the Mattel SDCC 2010 Exclusives:

VIDEO CLIP 2 (http://g4tv.com/videos/45366/Mattels-Comic-Con-2010-Exclusive-Toys/)

Nerdy Black Guy
04-16-2010, 07:36 PM
I haven't watched wrestling in years but I kind of like that Undertaker exclusive.

joy_division
04-16-2010, 10:50 PM
I like the toy story one LOL

While I think Jake sully looks crap as a toy, that is a cool box set

Nerdy Black Guy
04-20-2010, 04:38 AM
http://www.ringsidecollectibles.com/Merchant2/graphics/00000001/wfigs_sdcc_taker_carded.jpg
http://www.ringsidecollectibles.com/Merchant2/graphics/00000001/wfigs_sdcc_taker_front.jpg
http://www.ringsidecollectibles.com/Merchant2/graphics/00000001/wfigs_sdcc_taker_left.jpg
http://www.ringsidecollectibles.com/Merchant2/graphics/00000001/wfigs_sdcc_taker_right.jpg

Bartholomew
05-03-2010, 02:11 AM
Can anyone going to SDCC help me get the Kotobukiya Exclusive White Phoenix statue? I'll pay for the statue, shipping, and a little bit for your time. Thanks!

sketch515
05-04-2010, 08:10 AM
Can anyone going to SDCC help me get the Kotobukiya Exclusive White Phoenix statue? I'll pay for the statue, shipping, and a little bit for your time. Thanks!

i can help ya out. i plan on trying to get one myself. just pm me and we'll square it away

Bartholomew
05-10-2010, 02:23 PM
i can help ya out. i plan on trying to get one myself. just pm me and we'll square it away

I didn't see this post or your pm till today. I just messaged ya! Thanks!

spider-man
06-21-2010, 01:47 AM
For those of you going that are going to have to drive you needto get over to comic cons web site right away! The company in charge of the parking is screwing everything up by having pre order parking on the web site. Thurs, fri and sun are already sold out for underground parking at the convention center. You should see some of the parking prices at other places is stupid expensive.

spider-man
06-21-2010, 01:55 AM
Also, this isn't just an allocated amount I called the parking company to Make sure that wasn't the case. They told me and a coupe other guys I know the same thing and that is that what is on the web site is all that is available , so wait at your own risk.

jasong888
06-21-2010, 10:28 AM
that sounds like it will be fail all around with the parking...as if it wasn't bad already

marvelboi77
06-21-2010, 11:58 PM
Well it's prepaid parking for the expensive lots anyways. I always park by the convention center for $12 and I have never had a problem. That lot that I park at is not on the prepaid list.

RichBamf
06-22-2010, 03:59 AM
Can anyone help me pick up the AFX Minimate exclusives for Mrs Bamf? - I'll be dead if I don't pick these up.

I asked Ken but he won't be there on the first day...:(

CKinSD
06-22-2010, 07:28 AM
For those of you going that are going to have to drive you needto get over to comic cons web site right away! The company in charge of the parking is screwing everything up by having pre order parking on the web site. Thurs, fri and sun are already sold out for underground parking at the convention center. You should see some of the parking prices at other places is stupid expensive.

damn that is such BS. I know about 50 folks really ticked off about this. we used to get there at 6am, eat breakfast and take a nap until con started. Been a tradition for almost 20 years. jerks!!!!!

sketch515
06-22-2010, 09:01 AM
Can anyone help me pick up the AFX Minimate exclusives for Mrs Bamf? - I'll be dead if I don't pick these up.

I asked Ken but he won't be there on the first day...:(

i should be able to help you out. pm me with the details of wha you want.

damn that is such BS. I know about 50 folks really ticked off about this. we used to get there at 6am, eat breakfast and take a nap until con started. Been a tradition for almost 20 years. jerks!!!!!

charles are you gonna be there this year? i missed heroescon, so we didnt get to hang at all.

RichBamf
06-22-2010, 09:54 AM
i should be able to help you out. pm me with the details of wha you want.

Sketch, you're a lifesaver mate, I'll send you a pm now! :D

alfredog12076
06-28-2010, 03:41 PM
Returned badges went on sale today:
https://www.tradeshowregistrar.com/regsystem15/?event=cc2010

sketch515
06-28-2010, 06:23 PM
not a lot of news about events, exclusives, the autograph area, nothin. come on sdcc i'm jonesin for some new info.

BoloMusashi
06-28-2010, 08:13 PM
As an SDCC first timer, I was wondering what would be the recommended time to start lining up for entry. I still need to collect my entry pass - hoping to do that the day before via the collection point at Town and Country.

Since it's my first time at the con, I'm going to try and keep composed rather than run around like a headless chook (chicken).

Tax Man Chris
06-30-2010, 02:22 PM
Quick question. I noticed on the shuttle schedule for SDCC that they say you'll get a shuttle pass with your hotel reservation. I thought that these were available to anyone with a con badge. Is this something new or has it always been like this? I wasn't able to get a hotel through their system this year and I'm staying a little ways out. I was hoping to use the shuttle service to cut down on the walk.

Kirbyfan
06-30-2010, 04:14 PM
Quick question. I noticed on the shuttle schedule for SDCC that they say you'll get a shuttle pass with your hotel reservation. I thought that these were available to anyone with a con badge. Is this something new or has it always been like this? I wasn't able to get a hotel through their system this year and I'm staying a little ways out. I was hoping to use the shuttle service to cut down on the walk.

That's confusing to me as well. Been going for 10 years and never had a pass.

jasong888
06-30-2010, 06:35 PM
As an SDCC first timer, I was wondering what would be the recommended time to start lining up for entry. I still need to collect my entry pass - hoping to do that the day before via the collection point at Town and Country.

Since it's my first time at the con, I'm going to try and keep composed rather than run around like a headless chook (chicken).

there is no good time really. i think everyone just bum rushes the doors when they open them.

jasong888
06-30-2010, 06:36 PM

not that i will have to take the shuttle, but i was confused also. i never heard the shuttles requiring a pass to use them before. i think it's something new, but with all the people getting on and off...i can't imagine the shuttles are really going to check.

Tesio
06-30-2010, 10:00 PM
I don't really know where else to ask this, but...

I'm not going to SDCC, there is something that will be there that I want. Is there anyone that plans on going that is offering to pick up stuff for people?

Ridimous
07-01-2010, 01:30 AM

I like to check the schedule they provide online. If there's a panel I'm interested in then I schedule my time from there. If you think it'll be popular, you need start waiting in line 2 hours before the scheduled time. Saturday is the only day that is pretty crowded. Usually, Thursday, Friday, and Sunday are the days I spend buying stuffs at the retailers. Saturday usually have a bunch of panels to sit in.

jasong888
07-01-2010, 02:55 AM
I don't really know where else to ask this, but...

I'm not going to SDCC, there is something that will be there that I want. Is there anyone that plans on going that is offering to pick up stuff for people?

what is it that you are looking for?

jasong888
07-01-2010, 02:58 AM
I like to check the schedule they provide online. If there's a panel I'm interested in then I schedule my time from there. If you think it'll be popular, you need start waiting in line 2 hours before the scheduled time. Saturday is the only day that is pretty crowded. Usually, Thursday, Friday, and Sunday are the days I spend buying stuffs at the retailers. Saturday usually have a bunch of panels to sit in.

i agree. last year i pretty much just wanted to meet the G4 cast and check out the Heroes panel, but they coincided with each other. so i went to meet G4 and my gf went to the Heroes panel. so it really dpends on the scheduling of events and what you want to do. saturday = crowded is an understatement. bring some axe body spray...not for you, but the people around you lol.

BoloMusashi
07-01-2010, 03:11 AM

Cheers for the advice. I've only been able to nab tickets to Thursday and Sunday - trying to get a ticket to Friday.

Basically after some merch (back issues, action figures etc) and the odd sketch ..... and the booth babes LOL.

Sith_Prime
07-01-2010, 06:48 PM
Well, Sunday should be a good day to pick up merchandise, as a lot of vendor discount their stuff.

Tesio
07-01-2010, 06:53 PM
what is it that you are looking for?

http://devblog.thebehemoth.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/king-figure.jpg
http://devblog.thebehemoth.com/

This King figure from the guys at The Behemoth. Looking to get two of them :praying: :praying:

Ridimous
07-02-2010, 02:27 AM
Cheers for the advice. I've only been able to nab tickets to Thursday and Sunday - trying to get a ticket to Friday.

Basically after some merch (back issues, action figures etc) and the odd sketch ..... and the booth babes LOL.

Sunday is a great day especially if you're only after merch and stuff. A lot of the booths will sell you everything half off cause they don't want to package everything. If you get lucky, you might find a 4 day badge on the floor :thumbs2: I find at least 3 every year.

sketch515
07-04-2010, 10:58 PM
2 weeks! 2 WEEKS!!! gonna have to start packing up and getting my schtick together.

Sith_Prime
07-07-2010, 07:10 PM
Panels/schedules of the first day of ComicCon comes out tomorrow.

Royd
07-07-2010, 09:29 PM
I'm hoping they'll have booth/table location details out soon - it seems to be taking them a while to get the info out!

sketch515
07-08-2010, 02:00 PM
wednesday, thursday schedule is up. also locations for exhibitors and artist alley.

still nothing on the autograph area though or portfolio review...

Sith_Prime
07-08-2010, 03:55 PM
My flights arrives in San Diego around 9am. I hope I'm able to make the Tron panel.

Krypton Knight
07-08-2010, 07:23 PM
Good news for those after some of the Mattel exclusives.

http://www.mattycollector.com/store/matty/ContentTheme/pbPage.News#SDCCPreSaleVoucher

jasong888
07-09-2010, 01:37 AM
Good news for those after some of the Mattel exclusives.

http://www.mattycollector.com/store/matty/ContentTheme/pbPage.News#SDCCPreSaleVoucher

thanks for the info...i was gonna just go to sdcc thinking i could pick them up without any worries, but didn't even know about the pre-order.

Royd
07-09-2010, 06:36 AM
Excellent! Now I know where the booth is located where I'll be helping out and assisting Colin Wilson with his art sales, sketches, sketchbook sales etc.

I'll be posting a message to the SF board soon, just getting more info together :)

wednesday, thursday schedule is up. also locations for exhibitors and artist alley.

still nothing on the autograph area though or portfolio review...

dagouch17
07-09-2010, 10:35 AM
Yeah i got my map printed out and did pinpoint on who I want to hit.

Trying to be realistic and hope to get my top two picks and hope to get a little here an there at the show.

Much thanks to all the boardies here an various other people. Me thinks this will be an Awesome first time at SDCC.

Mike

capsteverogers
07-09-2010, 10:42 AM
Hope you don't get too overwhelmed for your first time Mike. This will be my 23rd year in a row going and I still get overwhelmed :)

MONSTER
07-09-2010, 09:00 PM
Hope you don't get too overwhelmed for your first time Mike. This will be my 23rd year in a row going and I still get overwhelmed :)

23 years?! How old were you when you first went?

I first went in 1991 when I was 15 and haven't missed a year since. So I guess this will be my 20th SDCC.

capsteverogers
07-09-2010, 09:02 PM
1988, 12 years old. Seems like a long time ago....

marvelboi77
07-09-2010, 09:23 PM

I first went in 1991 when I was 15 and haven't missed a year since. So I guess this will be my 20th SDCC.

Wow your one year older then me, yet you look much older...:happybirt2: :D

Royd
07-09-2010, 09:34 PM
This is only my fifth SDCC, the first one was in 1994 (at age 36) after I'd saved up money from my Australian Army Reserve pay to afford the trip! :)

I didn't know anyone except a few of the Gaijin Studios guys via phone-calls and they showed me the best time - always have fond memories of that first SDCC.

capsteverogers
07-09-2010, 09:44 PM
Got my first signed comic from Todd McFarlane in '88, I bought my first original art page from Rob Liefeld in '89 and got my first con sketch from Jim Lee in '90. Meet J. Scott Campbell fo the first time in '95.

MONSTER
07-09-2010, 11:43 PM
Wow your one year older then me, yet you look much older...:happybirt2: :D

:slapf:

Dating women makes you age faster than dating men. Its a medical fact.:tounge:

Got my first signed comic from Todd McFarlane in '88, I bought my first original art page from Rob Liefeld in '89 and got my first con sketch from Jim Lee in '90. Meet J. Scott Campbell fo the first time in '95.

You goofed up. You should have bought a McFarlane page and got a Liefeld signature.;)

1995 is the same year I met Tim Sale.

capsteverogers
07-10-2010, 12:05 AM
You goofed up. You should have bought a McFarlane page and got a Liefeld signature.;)

You're so right ;)

mwf6171
07-10-2010, 12:05 AM

I first went in 1991 when I was 15 and haven't missed a year since. So I guess this will be my 20th SDCC.Man, you are young!!

michaelt127
07-10-2010, 01:54 AM
Take plenty of pictures!

.........of Christie Marie.

MONSTER
07-10-2010, 01:20 PM
Man, you are young!!

I'm 34. I'm way too old for this kid stuff.:D

marvelboi77
07-10-2010, 04:20 PM
I'm 34. I'm way too old for this kid stuff.:D

I find it funny that most of us are sane in real life, but for a week in July we will cry, push and fight to get our toys, sketches or autographs...:psycho:

MONSTER
07-10-2010, 05:04 PM
That's true. Thankfully this year shouldn't be very stressful.....after I score the Marvel Universe figures. My one commission is already locked in and paid for.

Do you pay Jim Cheung in advance or do you have to meet up with him at his table?

Royd
07-10-2010, 09:30 PM
I'm getting too old for the pushing & shoving, I'm going to have too much fun catching up with long-distance mates at the con - woohoo!

NYC and LA side trips are also shaping up well! Only a few days to go before I leave on 16 July for Vegas :)

Royd
07-11-2010, 11:23 AM
Check out the description of the SDCC Spotlight on J. Michael Straczynski's panel on the Saturday schedule at the Comic-Con website -
http://www.comic-con.org/cci/cci10_prog_sat.php

It reads:

"4:30-5:30 Spotlight on J. Michael Straczynski— J. Michael Straczynski speaks (despite requests to the contrary) about his work on (and on and on) such comics as Superman (well, we guess it had to happen eventually) and Wonder Woman (at least they have the same fashion sense), his movies, including Shattered Union (shattered hopes that he wouldn't show up), Forbidden Planet (is that still going on?), and more he will be announcing here for the first time. Get the inside skinny on the writer's life from one of Hollywood's most prolific and hardworking writers (because you always have to work twice as hard when you don't know what you're doing). (Bob, very funny, just remember to edit this back to normal before uploading it to the Comic-Con schedule.) Room 6A
Categories: Comic-Con Special Guest Spotlights & Appearances | Comics | Movies | Superheroes | Television | Writers & Writing"

Yikes! Best,

Royd

marvelboi77
07-12-2010, 12:26 AM
That's true. Thankfully this year shouldn't be very stressful.....after I score the Marvel Universe figures. My one commission is already locked in and paid for.

Do you pay Jim Cheung in advance or do you have to meet up with him at his table?

At the table...

marvelboi77
07-12-2010, 12:27 AM
Sunday looks like it's a pretty slow day.

galactus
07-12-2010, 12:28 AM
I find it funny that most of us are sane in real life, but for a week in July we will cry, push and fight to get our toys, sketches or autographs...:psycho:

:inquisiti

marvelboi77
07-12-2010, 12:35 AM
:inquisiti

Alright I was being nice, you guys are all off your freaking rockers... Hehehe:D

jasong888
07-12-2010, 01:57 AM
so i have a friend who bought a 4day pass for sdcc and can't go anymore. unfortunately i don't look like him. i wanted to redeem the badge and sell it on ebay. any thoughts?

Primal
07-12-2010, 09:57 AM

They better not have the same GL insanity as last year. lol

Sith_Prime
07-12-2010, 01:28 PM
Sunday looks like it's a pretty slow day.

Yeah, but I'm hoping to attend the Smallville panel since it will be their last season.

Vince-Vell
07-13-2010, 09:23 AM
Anyone going that wouldnt mind stopping by the DC universe Online booth and get some beta passes for me and some of the other guys who want in it?

Im sure it will be a card with a serial number on it, and can just email us the numbers?

Let me know if someone is willing to snag me a beta pass.

Thanks.

nemesisenforcer
07-13-2010, 09:31 AM
Anybody in here does not mind sharing their rooms? Please PM me.

dr_teng
07-13-2010, 09:49 AM
If they're not restricting the beta passes to one per person or something silly like that, I'll see if I can grab a few for you, Vince.

Vince-Vell
07-13-2010, 09:58 AM
If they're not restricting the beta passes to one per person or something silly like that, I'll see if I can grab a few for you, Vince.

I doubt they will, just find someone who looks like they are willing to help out a poor SOB who couldnt make the show.

I found a nice looking female handing out the ChampOnline passes at NYCC and just said my two brothers couldnt make the show. She handed me 4 passes.

Or just ask a different person each day for a pass lol.

moonlightdrive21
07-13-2010, 11:50 AM
Hey gents!

At this point what's my best option for buying a single adult pass for Friday? I have passes for my family, but am one short. :(

Thanks!

Krypton Knight
07-13-2010, 12:24 PM
Hey gents!

At this point what's my best option for buying a single adult pass for Friday? I have passes for my family, but am one short. :(

Thanks!

Check the Comic-Con registration link, they may still have some returned badges left. https://www.tradeshowregistrar.com/regsystem15/?event=cc2010

hawkeyethearcher
07-13-2010, 08:45 PM
Anyone going that wouldnt mind stopping by the DC universe Online booth and get some beta passes for me and some of the other guys who want in it?

Im sure it will be a card with a serial number on it, and can just email us the numbers?

Thanks.

i need help getting one of these as well.

Vince-Vell
07-13-2010, 08:53 PM
i need help getting one of these as well.

anyone who can get the codes make sure hawkeyethearcher get its first, he really wants to get into beta. But im sure people can snag a few codes for us if they are willing.

hawkeyethearcher
07-13-2010, 08:55 PM
anyone who can get the codes make sure hawkeyethearcher get its first, he really wants to get into beta. But im sure people can snag a few codes for us if they are willing.

awe. you are gonna make me cry. if we ever meet i will have to give you a 5 finger sack jiggle

Averone
07-13-2010, 08:58 PM
awe. you are gonna make me cry. if we ever meet i will have to give you a 5 finger sack jiggle

:eek:

:doh!:

hawkeyethearcher
07-13-2010, 09:14 PM
if they ask i would prefer a ps3 beta test but don't care if it is ps3 or pc as long as i can get one

Ridimous
07-13-2010, 10:35 PM

That's taking bromance to a whole nada leva.

Sith_Prime
07-14-2010, 01:06 PM
Warner Bros. Entertainment and Comic-Con Team Up On Official Bag for Comic-Con International: San Diego 2010

http://www.comic-con.org/cci/news/cci10_wbbag.jpg

http://www.comic-con.org/cci/cci_pr10_wbtv_bags.php?pw=t3st!T

Vince-Vell
07-14-2010, 01:30 PM
Wow trying to help someone and it gets taken to a whole new level.......

marvelboi77
07-14-2010, 07:25 PM
What's this Beta test you speak of? Is it to log on the game or something?

Tattoo-X
07-14-2010, 07:29 PM
Media guest list is up. Not impressed. No X-Files guest stars. LOL.

hawkeyethearcher
07-15-2010, 07:59 AM
What's this Beta test you speak of? Is it to log on the game or something?

yeah. you get to play before it officially comes out. course you are testing the game so instead of just running around in it you need to try and find problems.

Barbarian
07-15-2010, 08:49 AM
:laugh:

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k195/sparhawk71/Avatars%20and%20GIFs/jpg/threadDirection.jpg

nemesisenforcer
07-15-2010, 09:04 AM
Warner Bros. Entertainment and Comic-Con Team Up On Official Bag for Comic-Con International: San Diego 2010

http://www.comic-con.org/cci/news/cci10_wbbag.jpg

http://www.comic-con.org/cci/cci_pr10_wbtv_bags.php?pw=t3st!T

Pretty nice looking bag.

nbr3bagshotrow
07-19-2010, 12:31 PM
It's starts this Thursday right? Expecting to see lots of pictures for those of us who couldn't attend this year.:D

Royd
07-20-2010, 01:39 AM
I'll certainly be posting pictures when I get back from my extended trip to the USA :)

I'm currently in Vegas with some fellow comic art collectors and Brit artist Liam Sharp having a fun time (just came back from drinkies) leaving tomorrow morning for SD. Looking forward to seeing some of you (Monster/Ken et al) there! Best,

Royd

hawkeyethearcher
07-20-2010, 02:09 AM
i think i am going to miss taking pics with the hot con girls the most.

The Batfan
07-20-2010, 02:51 AM
everyone at SDCC have fun be safe, If you see any Batman SDCC swag(non Bale) Batman stuff, I will need it sooo

Igo
07-20-2010, 03:49 PM
Anyone that's going and has some dead time to fill up I'll be parked at booth #233 the entire time, it'd be great to see some faces from the boards.

Cant believe it's tomorrow already, getting ready to Christian Bale at 5am tomorrow with the posse.

So STOKED!

Averone
07-20-2010, 04:03 PM
Can someone help me find out if they have a special access to the Sideshow area on Wed.?

I looked things over and the preview night is Wed! I'm trying to get in when they have those cases off the statues, so I can take pictures without them.

General admission is on TH, is that correct?

Averone
07-20-2010, 04:04 PM
Btw, where is the sun in SD! It's gone missing!

CessnaDriver
07-20-2010, 04:06 PM
Btw, where is the sun in SD! It's gone missing!

Be glad, will keep temps down in the convention center. Not a bad thing with twenty million nerds trying to share the same four square feet of floor space.

dr_teng
07-20-2010, 05:18 PM
I'm glad the sun is down, the temperatures are where I like them!

I've already had a bison burger, had a parrot ride my shoulder, and explorer the seaport area and downtown. Just waiting for a call from my work buddies to see when I should head over to the convention center.

I'll give you a call in a bit Averone!

ashley76
07-21-2010, 01:26 PM
If anyone is going to hit the Hasbro booth, could you take pics of the Transformers stuff for me? I need some pics for my Transformers site. I could throw in a Bowen Bust for your efforts... Just shoot me a PM

Bullseye
07-21-2010, 06:33 PM
http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/gallery2/album/1-Day-Before-SDCC/index.php?page=1

Black Cat
07-21-2010, 06:43 PM

Yeah what he said! Please please please

Black Cat
07-21-2010, 06:44 PM

Thanks.

lol just wanted to bump this in case it slipped some minds that we are looking for the beta keys.

ZKULPTOR
07-22-2010, 12:35 AM
lol just wanted to bump this in case it slipped some minds that we are looking for the beta keys.
Guys I will try to get you those numbers for DC Universe, email me at ericksosa@mac.com as a reminder please. I will be there tonight till Saturday.

-Erick

protector2814
07-22-2010, 03:06 PM
Everyone there have a wonderful time. We'd love to see pics of SF members together, celebrating. I know this is a longshot, but if anyone can score a copy of the new Overstreet Comic Price Guide, the SDCC one with the Romita Conan hardback cover, I'd love a chance to buy it.

gaijin
07-22-2010, 08:09 PM
No pics yet?

HoldyourfireAl
07-23-2010, 01:35 AM
No pics yet?

My site has A LOT of pics posted by members already. I don't want to piss off Drew/Galactus, Bullseye, and the rest of the mods who have been nice to me here by posting a link, so if you want it, PM me. :)

Scottsdale Saint
07-23-2010, 02:13 AM
My site has A LOT of pics posted by members already. I don't want to piss off Drew/Galactus, Bullseye, and the rest of the mods who have been nice to me here by posting a link, so if you want it, PM me. :)

Great that you've posted pics...but posts like the one above yours always make me laugh...as someone that has gone to ten SDCCs...no, they're aren't any pics yet, we're too busy going out and enjoying the con, to post any damned pics, you'll have to wait until I get home, I don't wanna miss out on anything. ROOKIE. :eplus2:

HoldyourfireAl
07-23-2010, 03:31 AM
Great that you've posted pics...but posts like the one above yours always make me laugh...as someone that has gone to ten SDCCs...no, they're aren't any pics yet, we're too busy going out and enjoying the con, to post any damned pics, you'll have to wait until I get home, I don't wanna miss out on anything. ROOKIE. :eplus2:

Ummm...yeah...some folks have posted A LOT of pics already. It's amazing what laptops are capable of these days! :)

THE_BEAST
07-23-2010, 03:35 AM
This is by far the best thread for all the awesomeness that is SDCC
http://www.statueforum.com/showthread.php?t=107012

Scottsdale Saint
07-23-2010, 05:01 AM
Ummm...yeah...some folks have posted A LOT of pics already. It's amazing what laptops are capable of these days! :)

Has nothing to do with being capable, more a matter of want to...as I already stated, very cool of you to post them, but in every single one of my con trips, every single minute of the day was spent chasing sketches, shopping for comics and other various trinkets, grabbing exclusives for friends unable to attend, and immediately after a day at the con (length of a day generally is about 11-12 hours), is immediately followed by a dinner with friends, which is finished up with drinks which may or may not go until two or three A.M.

All I am saying, is that uploading pics for people that actually go to SDCC is one of the LAST things on their minds.

Big ups to those who do, just that the random post of someone complaining, "where are the pics?", well, they'll get up there, when they get up there, was actually backing YOU up on that one. :rolleyes:

bzie
07-23-2010, 05:07 AM
That schedule doesn't prevent you from chiming here though. :drama:

Great work to those who share their pics, keeping us that can't go, updated... great work indeed. :overjoyed:

Has nothing to do with being capable, more a matter of want to...as I already stated, very cool of you to post them, but in every single one of my con trips, every single minute of the day was spent chasing sketches, shopping for comics and other various trinkets, grabbing exclusives for friends unable to attend, and immediately after a day at the con (length of a day generally is about 11-12 hours), is immediately followed by a dinner with friends, which is finished up with drinks which may or may not got till two or three A.M.

All I am saying, is that uploading pics for people that actually go to SDCC is one of the LAST things on their minds.

Big ups to those who do, just that the random post of someone complaining, "where are the pics?", well, they'll get up there, when they get up there, was actually backing YOU up on that one. :rolleyes:

Vince-Vell
07-23-2010, 10:34 AM
Guys I will try to get you those numbers for DC Universe, email me at ericksosa@mac.com as a reminder please. I will be there tonight till Saturday.

-Erick

Emailed ya a reminder! Just dont let Back Cat have any key codes, shes been a baddddddddd kitty! :slapf:

Underdog07
07-23-2010, 11:06 AM
what are the key codes for?

Bullseye
07-23-2010, 11:09 AM

One of your members posted some wonderful pictures. I have a 27" screen and they still looked amazing.

BTW I posted a thread with a link to your site so members could see this pictures.
http://www.statueforum.com/showthread.php?t=107085

Vince-Vell
07-23-2010, 12:04 PM
what are the key codes for?

DC universe Online game.

ZKULPTOR
07-23-2010, 03:41 PM
Vince,
I have been in a bunch of meetings, question, can I get more than one code?
or do I have to get in line over and over?
I will see if I can do it today after meeting with Marvel...
Thanks for your patience,
-E

hawkeyethearcher
07-23-2010, 04:01 PM
If they do it like others have you should be able to get a few codes but they aren't giving them out until Saturday at the dcuonline seminar Vince,
I have been in a bunch of meetings, question, can I get more than one code?
or do I have to get in line over and over?
I will see if I can do it today after meeting with Marvel...
Thanks for your patience,
-E

ZKULPTOR
07-23-2010, 04:03 PM
o man, we leave tomorrow after Stan Lee's
Appearance , I will ask DC Direct guys to hook a brother up!

Vince-Vell
07-23-2010, 08:33 PM
No big deal Erick, if ya run across them its fine.

If they do what champions online did at the NYCC, just have people around the booth handing out cards with key codes on them. If they are pricks, they will only allow a code one per person. But i told them my friends cant come to the show and wanted a code. Then they handed me like 4 etc...

boondocksaint
07-23-2010, 08:41 PM
any good shots of cm vader

HoldyourfireAl
07-23-2010, 11:00 PM
One of your members posted some wonderful pictures. I have a 27" screen and they still looked amazing.

BTW I posted a thread with a link to your site so members could see this pictures.
http://www.statueforum.com/showthread.php?t=107085

Thank you Bulls. That was VERY decent of you. :)

Simon Williams
07-24-2010, 12:11 AM
WOW. With all the really wonderful pieces being shown at SDCC,Compared to everything we have seen so far the Bowen stuff just looks Eh.

hawkeyethearcher
07-24-2010, 01:13 PM
today is the day. crossing my fingers for beta key

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmHeP9Sve48

Vince-Vell
07-24-2010, 01:19 PM
today is the day. crossing my fingers for beta key

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmHeP9Sve48

:overjoyed: :overjoyed:

Bullseye
07-24-2010, 02:50 PM
Any nice Wonder Woman prints?

cblakey1
07-24-2010, 03:29 PM
Any movie previews? Green Lantern? :drooling:

hawkeyethearcher
07-24-2010, 08:01 PM
oh man now i am really depressed. beta start to day and i didnt go. i could be playing right now. i will never miss another con again

hawkeyethearcher
07-24-2010, 08:15 PM
just read they are handing out keys now so cross your fingers or pray or whatever you do

Vince-Vell
07-26-2010, 01:54 PM
So any luck with key codes?

hawkeyethearcher
07-26-2010, 02:05 PM
No. I guess the Guy on stage was missquoted about the start of beta anyhow. What he said was it can start between now and November. What the blogger I was following posted was that it started now.

Vince-Vell
07-26-2010, 02:07 PM
oh

Sith_Prime
07-27-2010, 07:00 PM
http://i879.photobucket.com/albums/ab352/Sith-Prime/ComicCon%202010/IMG_0348.jpg

http://i879.photobucket.com/albums/ab352/Sith-Prime/ComicCon%202010/IMG_0377.jpg

http://i879.photobucket.com/albums/ab352/Sith-Prime/ComicCon%202010/IMG_0582.jpg

http://i879.photobucket.com/albums/ab352/Sith-Prime/ComicCon%202010/IMG_0558a.jpg

http://i879.photobucket.com/albums/ab352/Sith-Prime/ComicCon%202010/IMG_0557a.jpg

http://i879.photobucket.com/albums/ab352/Sith-Prime/ComicCon%202010/IMG_0553a.jpg

http://i879.photobucket.com/albums/ab352/Sith-Prime/ComicCon%202010/IMG_1352a.jpg

http://i879.photobucket.com/albums/ab352/Sith-Prime/ComicCon%202010/IMG_1349.jpg

http://i879.photobucket.com/albums/ab352/Sith-Prime/ComicCon%202010/IMG_0662.jpg

http://i879.photobucket.com/albums/ab352/Sith-Prime/ComicCon%202010/IMG_0045a.jpg

Sith_Prime
07-27-2010, 07:02 PM
http://i879.photobucket.com/albums/ab352/Sith-Prime/ComicCon%202010/IMG_0076.jpg

http://i879.photobucket.com/albums/ab352/Sith-Prime/ComicCon%202010/IMG_0070.jpg

http://i879.photobucket.com/albums/ab352/Sith-Prime/ComicCon%202010/IMG_0067.jpg

http://i879.photobucket.com/albums/ab352/Sith-Prime/ComicCon%202010/IMG_0063a.jpg

http://i879.photobucket.com/albums/ab352/Sith-Prime/ComicCon%202010/IMG_0323.jpg

http://i879.photobucket.com/albums/ab352/Sith-Prime/ComicCon%202010/IMG_0648.jpg

http://i879.photobucket.com/albums/ab352/Sith-Prime/ComicCon%202010/IMG_0682.jpg

http://i879.photobucket.com/albums/ab352/Sith-Prime/ComicCon%202010/IMG_0315.jpg

VinReaper
07-27-2010, 07:38 PM
Amazing pics!

I wish I could go one of these years!

I've never been to SDCC!

VR

Sith_Prime
07-28-2010, 12:52 PM
AVENGERS ASSEMBLED!!!

http://www.comicbookresources.com/assets/images/articles/1280029609.jpg

Primal
07-28-2010, 01:16 PM
How many hours before the panel did you get on line Sith?

Sith_Prime
07-28-2010, 02:09 PM
For the Green Lantern panel (which started at 11:45am), I got in line around 5am and here's the scene at that time:

http://i879.photobucket.com/albums/ab352/Sith-Prime/IMG_0746.jpg

http://i879.photobucket.com/albums/ab352/Sith-Prime/IMG_0745.jpg

There were about 700 people ahead of me at that time, but nearly tripled as everyone was holding spots for other.

I tried to get back into Hall H for the Thor/Cap panel (6pm) around 4pm, but there was announcement that the Hall was filled to capacity and there was not garauntee that I would get in, so my wife and I got out of line and went to the Attack of the Show panel at the Hilton.

For the Smallvile panel, I got in line 2 hours before hand.

Primal
07-28-2010, 02:22 PM
For the Green Lantern panel (which started at 11:45am), I got in line around 5am

I tried Hall H once 2 years ago and after waiting on line a couple hours I still missed out on what I wanted to see. I said never again because of the insane waiting times. Was the GL panel worth the wait?

Barbarian
07-28-2010, 02:25 PM
Was the GL panel worth the wait?
Dude, I don't think a gorgeous naked lady panel would be worth that wait.

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k195/sparhawk71/Avatars%20and%20GIFs/waitingCorpse.jpg

Primal
07-28-2010, 02:27 PM
Dude, I don't think a gorgeous naked lady panel would be worth that wait.

lollll I'm sure it wouldnt have been worth the wait for me which is why I didnt do it. But maybe Sith feels otherwise.

Barbarian
07-28-2010, 02:30 PM
lollll l I'm sure it wouldnt have been worth the wait for me which is why I didnt do it. But maybe Sith feels otherwise.
I dig. I could probably handle the wait if I had a case of Guiness, 2 bottles of Jameson and 5 racks of barbecued ribs. You'd have to keep yourself entertained.

Sith_Prime
07-28-2010, 02:31 PM
Was the GL panel worth the wait?

Honestly, no because the footage did not show anything of Ryan Reynolds in the GL suit. That's what I was expecting to see since the Green Lantern was on the cover of EW mag. However, eventhough I didn't think the wait equaled the panel, I was happy to be there. I have a very bad video clip of Reynolds saying part of the GL oath. I'll post it later.

Sith_Prime
07-28-2010, 03:13 PM
My horrible and partial video clip of Ryan Reynolds saying the GL oath. I didn't have my camera ready. :(
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCZ0RqfRW2c

My video clip during the Smallville panel, where I didn't record the questions, but there were something like: (1) Do you want to be in the Superman movie? (2) Have you ever auditioned for a Superman movie? (3) Have you ever been approached to do a Superman movie? Here's Tom Wellings anwer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqvL9Uepm-M

My clip of Angelina Jolie talking about doing all her own stunts and injury during the filming for Salt
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eiPC9ahcR8Q

My clip of Michelle Rodriguez talking about why she prefers to do the tough chick roles at the Battle: Los Angeles panel
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5hbMCNMCLA

Primal
07-28-2010, 03:23 PM
Nice videos Sith! What kind of camera did you use?

Sith_Prime
07-28-2010, 04:54 PM
Thanks Primal! I used a Canon Powershot SX20IS. Just picked it up the day before I left for the convention. I brought to a tri-pod with into Hall H to help prevent the camera from shaking, but wasn't able to set it up because it was too crowded

Inside Hall H for the Salt/Battle: Los Angeles panels

http://i879.photobucket.com/albums/ab352/Sith-Prime/IMG_0093.jpg

http://i879.photobucket.com/albums/ab352/Sith-Prime/IMG_0751.jpg

http://i879.photobucket.com/albums/ab352/Sith-Prime/ComicCon%202010/IMG_1149.jpg

http://i879.photobucket.com/albums/ab352/Sith-Prime/ComicCon%202010/IMG_1180.jpg

http://i879.photobucket.com/albums/ab352/Sith-Prime/ComicCon%202010/IMG_1182.jpg

http://i879.photobucket.com/albums/ab352/Sith-Prime/ComicCon%202010/IMG_1210.jpg

http://i879.photobucket.com/albums/ab352/Sith-Prime/ComicCon%202010/IMG_1083.jpg

http://i879.photobucket.com/albums/ab352/Sith-Prime/ComicCon%202010/IMG_1056.jpg

http://i879.photobucket.com/albums/ab352/Sith-Prime/ComicCon%202010/IMG_1024-1.jpg

http://i879.photobucket.com/albums/ab352/Sith-Prime/ComicCon%202010/IMG_1100.jpg

Sith_Prime
07-28-2010, 04:55 PM
http://i879.photobucket.com/albums/ab352/Sith-Prime/ComicCon%202010/IMG_1116.jpg

http://i879.photobucket.com/albums/ab352/Sith-Prime/ComicCon%202010/IMG_1112.jpg

http://i879.photobucket.com/albums/ab352/Sith-Prime/ComicCon%202010/IMG_1031.jpg

http://i879.photobucket.com/albums/ab352/Sith-Prime/ComicCon%202010/IMG_1126.jpg

http://i879.photobucket.com/albums/ab352/Sith-Prime/ComicCon%202010/IMG_1136.jpg

http://i879.photobucket.com/albums/ab352/Sith-Prime/ComicCon%202010/IMG_0574.jpg

http://i879.photobucket.com/albums/ab352/Sith-Prime/ComicCon%202010/IMG_0566a.jpg

http://i879.photobucket.com/albums/ab352/Sith-Prime/ComicCon%202010/IMG_0366.jpg

Sith_Prime
08-04-2010, 07:10 PM
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/hs069.ash2/36827_1504273200714_1050750615_1484533_1079474_n.jpg

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/hs114.ash2/39059_1504265440520_1050750615_1484383_4190121_n.jpg

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs247.snc4/39691_1504266880556_1050750615_1484411_5509472_n.jpg

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs227.snc4/38664_1504269760628_1050750615_1484467_7468250_n.jpg

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs253.snc4/39983_1504270520647_1050750615_1484481_7719084_n.jpg

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/hs123.ash2/39502_1504263280466_1050750615_1484362_6907752_n.jpg

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/hs123.ash2/39502_1504263320467_1050750615_1484363_4319510_n.jpg

ZKULPTOR
08-04-2010, 07:20 PM
No. I guess the Guy on stage was missquoted about the start of beta anyhow. What he said was it can start between now and November. What the blogger I was following posted was that it started now.
I went to the WB booth, they kept sending me to other people, seriously no one really knew much... my apologies everyone , I really wanted to get those codes for you all :bawling:

ZKULPTOR
08-04-2010, 07:22 PM
Wait so you mean to tell me they never gave them away? what a relief!!!!!!!!!!! but I feel bad for you though ......

Sith_Prime
08-06-2010, 06:24 PM
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/hs117.ash2/39210_1504270400644_1050750615_1484479_6465072_n.jpg

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/hs132.ash2/39960_142326622455881_100000356327443_287484_4598762_n.jpg

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/hs108.ash2/38757_142326742455869_100000356327443_287503_962485_n.jpg

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/hs114.ash2/39015_142326772455866_100000356327443_287506_7022272_n.jpg

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs208.snc4/38757_142326749122535_100000356327443_287505_4823658_n.jpg

J. Scott Campbell signing my comic books
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs231.snc4/38885_142326669122543_100000356327443_287492_469186_n.jpg

Mike Choi signing my comic book.
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs284.snc4/40530_142326672455876_100000356327443_287493_3397038_n.jpg

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs209.snc4/38812_142487615773115_100000356327443_288304_6747363_n.jpg

Barbarian
08-06-2010, 07:01 PM
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/hs114.ash2/39015_142326772455866_100000356327443_287506_7022272_n.jpg
:laugh: Hand check! Hello! :D

Sith_Prime
08-06-2010, 07:44 PM
Yeah, I thought that was awesome.