PDA

View Full Version : Original Art...Addiction!

Teague
10-02-2009, 01:20 PM
The Ant-Man thread touched upon the fact that this sort of collecting is pretty addicting...and it sure is. I got my first page a year ago, and I have six (plus one more for my daughter for Christmas) already. And I check eBay at least weekly. It's a sickness!

For me, it's the rush of owning a one-of-a-kind thing. Pretty amazing. And you also know that if you really love something, you'd better snap it up when you have the chance, because who knows when that one page will come around again?

joefixit2
10-02-2009, 01:32 PM
Especially if it is from a book that you really enjoyed and was important to you for some reason.

Royd
10-02-2009, 01:35 PM
Yep, sounds like you caught it bad! Don't you check Heritage Galleries and Comicartlink auctions as well? ;)

predaking007
10-02-2009, 02:17 PM
7 pieces? Weekly check on ebay? You call that an addiction?

Unless you check all the auction sites daily, constantly browsing CAF, buy 5 pieces per week, max out your credit cards, hold a debt to pay off 6 pieces on layaway, and struggle to pay the mortgage, you don't have an addiction.

But it doesn't get really bad until you're in a hospital and you can't restrain yourself from bidding on more art. :eplus2:

Teague
10-02-2009, 04:17 PM
Yep, sounds like you caught it bad! Don't you check Heritage Galleries and Comicartlink auctions as well? ;)

Yep, I do. :laugh:

Teague
10-02-2009, 04:18 PM
7 pieces? Weekly check on ebay? You call that an addiction?

Unless you check all the auction sites daily, constantly browsing CAF, buy 5 pieces per week, max out your credit cards, hold a debt to pay off 6 pieces on layaway, and struggle to pay the mortgage, you don't have an addiction.

But it doesn't get really bad until you're in a hospital and you can't restrain yourself from bidding on more art. :eplus2:

I stand corrected. :p

I'm about as addicted to it as I'm able to be, and remain employed and married. ;)

punisher129
10-02-2009, 04:25 PM
I started out collecting only Mike Zeck art. Since i stumbled upon this wonderful section i have become addicted to ALL art.:eplus2:

---PUNISHER KILLS THE MARVEL UNIVERSE----

Fat Head
10-02-2009, 05:01 PM
You're addicted when you know you should quit......but don't.

Royd
10-03-2009, 12:00 AM
Hey!!! I resemble that remark - LOL!!

<snip>