PDA

View Full Version : Black Paint for Black Panther?

Daredevil
05-06-2005, 09:42 PM
My BP bust has some of the black paint rubbed off of his pointy ears.. what should I use to fix it?

Thanks! :buttrock:

Beavis
05-06-2005, 09:45 PM
Uhhhh .... black paint. :laugh:

Daredevil
05-06-2005, 10:06 PM
Any brand? Specific type?

Helder M.
05-07-2005, 12:17 AM
try the paint called HUMBROL ( matt ) It is such a good one .

Daredevil
05-07-2005, 01:18 PM
try the paint called HUMBROL ( matt ) It is such a good one .

Where can I find it? Art supply store?

Helder M.
05-07-2005, 01:43 PM
Where can I find it? Art supply store?

Hobby store / Ebay or just go online and search for humbrol paint .

secretasianman
05-07-2005, 05:21 PM
If it's just a very slight amount that's rubbed off you might want to try using a black sharpie.

lord odin
05-07-2005, 06:06 PM
just make sure whatever you use that you just paint the rubbed area and not around it.

Daredevil
05-09-2005, 06:01 PM
bump.

The Watcher
05-13-2005, 09:01 AM
Maybe someone can answer a similar question regarding the BP (I hope). On mine, some of the gold paint on his base has rubbed off. What kind of paint should I use and where do I go to get it?

p.s.

Hope you don't mind me horning in on your thread DD.

stormshadow007
05-14-2005, 01:44 AM
You might want to try some Testor's paint. I also had some small chipping on one of BP's ears and used Testor's black paint. It dried to a flat black that matched the black painted parts of BP. I also have a bottle of gold Testor's paint but have not tried it on BP since I don't have any problems with his gold painted parts.

The Watcher
05-14-2005, 08:09 AM
You might want to try some Testor's paint. I also had some small chipping on one of BP's ears and used Testor's black paint. It dried to a flat black that matched the black painted parts of BP. I also have a bottle of gold Testor's paint but have not tried it on BP since I don't have any problems with his gold painted parts.

Thanks. Is there a particular type of Testor's gold paint?

Daredevil
05-14-2005, 09:23 AM
Hope you don't mind me horning in on your thread DD.

That's cool.. we are all trying to fix the Panther!

Daredevil
05-14-2005, 09:25 AM

where do you get the testor's paint?

stormshadow007
05-14-2005, 11:13 AM
where do you get the testor's paint?

I got Testors from Michael's arts and craft store. They should also have them at local R/C and hobby shops where they sell radio control stuff and model planes and such. They are little nifty 1.4 oz bottles.

They only had one kind of gold paint and it looks pretty good. I think it should be a good match if not just a wee bit shinier. One thing I really want is a nice flat flesh colored paint for touch-ups. The closest one they had was Cream and it was a little glossy.