PDA

View Full Version : Thinking about starting the "Attakus Quest"

MONSTER
05-10-2005, 11:45 PM
Zurb had his Sideshow LOTR quest and I think it may be time for me to start my Attakus Star Wars quest.

At this time I do not own 1 Attakus statue so this would be a huge undertaking.

Any thoughts? Any help? I know its nuts but I just have Star Wars fever right now.

galactus
05-10-2005, 11:52 PM
Zurb had his Sideshow LOTR quest and I think it may be time for me to start my Attakus Star Wars quest.

Any thoughts? Any help? I know its nuts but I just have Star Wars fever right now.

I had the Emperor and 2 Royal Guards at one point. These are REALLY nice pieces, but are getting pricey and take up a lot of space. I decided to sell them since the Gentle Giant pieces were coming out and I was never going to spend the money on getting the entire Attakus line. You certainly can't go wrong with them. I don't think this stuff will cost anywhere near what Zurbs LOTR addiction cost, so at least you have that going for ya
:buttrock:

MONSTER
05-11-2005, 12:00 AM
I hope it doesn't cost me what it cost Zurb. It seemed like the poor guy ended up selling a kidney to help cover the costs. I don't want to part with what I have to fund the quest. I need to do my homework and figure out the going prices and get a complete list of what's been released.

cap70
05-11-2005, 01:38 AM
I've been purchasing, searching and researching the SW Attakus line. On internet stores and on ebay. Be advised that I have been watching/bidding/following ebay auctions for almost 2 month now, so the prices and info I will give ya are very up to date. :)
First, let me list the gategories in the SW Attakus line:

****Category 1(The Holy Grail)****
In this category are the more expensive and more difficult to find. Not to mention they look marvelous as statues. The statues bellow are in this list:

* Darth Vader I :
This one it's, IMO, the BEST SW Attakus statue(and the best statue I have). Expect to pay between $1200 to $1500 on this statue in mint/bn condition with COA/Box.

* Yoda I :
$650-$1000

* Boba Fett:
$630 to $1000

* StormTrooper:
$600 to $1000

* Darth Vader II :
$750-$1000

* R2-D2:
$450-$600

* Royal Guard:
$500-$750

* C3PO:
$400-$550

* Jabba the Hut:
$850-$950

* Darth Maul:
$600-$800

****Category 2(The Holy Grail wannabees)****

This category are the statues that are less expensive, but not so much. Great chance to go even higher in price since some of these characters will also play important roles on the next SW movie ROTS.

* ChewBacca:
$350-$440

* Emperor Palpatine:
$340-$450

* Han Solo:
$320-$390

* Jango Fett:
$280-$350

* Obi-Wan:
$300-$360

* Clone Trooper:
$280-$340

* Han Solo on Carbonite:
$240-$300

* Yoda II:
$300-$380

****Category 3(The more common ones)****

Those are less expensive, easier to find statues. Some of those looks just as good as the more expensive and more difficult to find statues, but not in very high demand at the moment.

* Slave Leia:
$200-$230

* Padme Amidala:
$240-$280

* Jawa:
$180-$200

* Luke Skywalker:
$190-$250(PS: I'm not a fan of this one )

* Salacious Crumb:
$150-$180

* Salacious plus Pipe:
$290-$340

PS: All prices listed are based on mint/new statues, with their boxes and COA's.

The best advice I can give ya it's something I couldn't have done myself: Go slow!
Or you will end spending a LOT(and trust me, once you see some of those Attakus SW statues in front of you, you will get hook'd).
Also, research, research and research. If you are a wise buyer, you can buy some of those for very good prices(NOT cheap, but good priced enough to make you feel like you made a very good deal. And will help saving money for future purchases).
After the ROTS release on may 19th, will be a very bad time to buy those, since some of them(or all of them) will probably be priced much higher. So try to grab some now and then wait a little for the hype to go down.

I started to collect them recently. I already got : Vader 1, Vader 2, Darth Maul, C3P0, R2D2(didn't arrive yet), Obi-Wan, Yoda 2, Chewbacca, Emperor Palpatine and Han Solo. I may get Boba and the StormTropper down the road, if I can help myself and not buying when I find one!
Some I got from ebay, one got directly from Attakus(Yoda 2, they have the best price around and you get a full color Attakus catalog), others from a person in this board, but based on the market value on those, I know I picked them at their lowest selling points, which makes me feel good about my purchases. If you have patience, and know when/where to buy, you can do the same. Hope it helps and good luck in your Quest. I couldn't be happier collecting them, even tough my wallet(and some other statues I had to sell) doesn't feel the same.

sith lord utinni!
05-11-2005, 02:21 AM
I would love to get some of these but there is just no way I could afford it. Also, almost all of the human faces on these seem off to me but the masked people and aliens look spectacular.

alexp98
05-11-2005, 02:53 AM
I would love to get some of these but there is just no way I could afford it. Also, almost all of the human faces on these seem off to me but the masked people and aliens look spectacular.
Actually, Han has the best head sculpt by far....all the way down to the scar on his chin.

cap70
05-11-2005, 03:01 AM
Agreed. Hans and Obi-Wan are the best human characters, IMO.

P1X4R
05-11-2005, 03:39 AM
They have great details. Expensive but worth it. I'm looking forward to their next phase in SW statues.

bigjohn550
05-11-2005, 09:26 AM
Damn, those Royal Guards are cool looking. I want two to flank my Palpatine statue.

Zurbaran1
05-11-2005, 09:31 AM
I hope it doesn't cost me what it cost Zurb. It seemed like the poor guy ended up selling a kidney to help cover the costs. I don't want to part with what I have to fund the quest. I need to do my homework and figure out the going prices and get a complete list of what's been released.

Good luck. You got the poor guy part right but at least I still have both kidneys :)

sith lord utinni!
05-11-2005, 11:34 AM
That is a nice collection! :buttrock:

Collection King 13
05-11-2005, 11:37 AM
Good luck. You got the poor guy part right but at least I still have both kidneys :)
So whose were you selling on eBay that time? :sly2:

Collection King 13
05-11-2005, 11:40 AM
Monster- Go For it!!!!

Sniper
05-11-2005, 11:47 AM
here are the postitives and the negatives
They are now selling them in the US and it helps that the prices have come down alot in the past few months, so you can find a lot of rare pieces at resonable prices. With drod getting selling them on comic statues .com you can pick up the new ones with out paying a heavy price.
Negatives if sideshow puts out another verion of the same character knowing you monster you will also but it putting yourself in a further hole.ALso you're wife will kill you with the size of the parcels coming in , you cant hide them !! :buttrock:

nexus
05-11-2005, 11:47 AM
I wish I'd known these weren't the cr*ppy glass porcelain when they first started coming out, and it's possible I would have bought. The detailing does look fantastic. However, given the prices of the rarer ones, it's just not worth it, especially when you consider that there are the other lines like GG and now SS that we are buying.

Zurbaran1
05-11-2005, 12:32 PM
PUBLIC SERVICE MESSAGE. SNIPER POST ANALYSIS

here are the postitives and the negatives
What's a postitive? A Post It note I've gotten from Sniper or could it be a member of the world's oldest profession working for statues?

They are now selling them in the US and it helps that the prices have come down alot in the past few months, so you can find a lot of rare pieces at resonable prices.

and with just a little more effort you can keep this sentence going on for ever, and ever and ever or a really long time at the worst.

With drod getting selling them on comic statues .com ...
Well we'd be best getting on buying them then.

Negatives if sideshow puts out another verion of the same character knowing you monster you will also but it putting yourself in a further hole.

If this sentence joined forces with that really long one up above, they could take over the world!!!! BWAHAHAHAHA!

verion? Is Sideshow doing a promotion with a phone company?
My money is on Monster if he buts it. He's got a hard head.

ALso you're wife will kill you with the size of the parcels coming in , you cant hide them !! :buttrock:
(above font size has been formatted to fit your screen)
Hi, my name is Sniper and if you are visually impaired, so rip roaring drunk you can't see straight or just hate JC Comics, I am here for you with my large font size posts.

Punctuation? We don't need no stinking punctuation. Take your commas, apostrophes and........

Question of the day. What is more frightening, Michael Jackson alone in his bed with a few young boys or Sniper alone with a classroom full of impressionable young children? I won't bother putting this one to a poll :laugh:

just messing with you Sniper. Say, where's my painted Surfer anyway?

Collection King 13
05-11-2005, 12:36 PM
just messing with you Sniper. Say, where's my painted Surfer anyway?

Ummmm... That must be the one he sold me.... :eplus2:

Zurbaran1
05-11-2005, 12:40 PM
Ummmm... That must be the one he sold me.... :eplus2:

I hope you got a better price. :laugh:

Collection King 13
05-11-2005, 12:41 PM
I did... He agreed to let me pay him 61.00 because he got the numbers mixed up... :D

Sniper
05-11-2005, 12:44 PM
I have an idea, we can make zurb the official spell check system on the forum so he can make sure we spell everything correctly. It will make him feel needed and important around here! :eplus2: :eplus2: :eplus2: :eplus2:

Sniper
05-11-2005, 12:44 PM
The painter surfer, I let drod have it because you treat me like I am not your friend.

d rod
05-11-2005, 01:34 PM
my boys look out for me!

Zurbaran1
05-11-2005, 01:35 PM
The painter surfer, I let drod have it because you treat me like I am not your friend.

But you are my friend. I only make fun of my friends.

MONSTER
05-11-2005, 08:27 PM
I've been purchasing, searching and researching the SW Attakus line. On internet stores and on ebay. Be advised that I have been watching/bidding/following ebay auctions for almost 2 month now, so the prices and info I will give ya are very up to date. :)

In this category are the more expensive and more difficult to find. Not to mention they look marvelous as statues. The statues bellow are in this list:

* Darth Vader I :
This one it's, IMO, the BEST SW Attakus statue(and the best statue I have). Expect to pay between $1200 to $1500 on this statue in mint/bn condition with COA/Box.

* Yoda I :
$650-$1000

* Boba Fett:
$630 to $1000

* StormTrooper:
$600 to $1000

* Darth Vader II :
$750-$1000

* R2-D2:
$450-$600

* Royal Guard:
$500-$750

* C3PO:
$400-$550

* Jabba the Hut:
$850-$950

* Darth Maul:
$600-$800

This category are the statues that are less expensive, but not so much. Great chance to go even higher in price since some of these characters will also play important roles on the next SW movie ROTS.

* ChewBacca:
$350-$440

* Emperor Palpatine:
$340-$450

* Han Solo:
$320-$390

* Jango Fett:
$280-$350

* Obi-Wan:
$300-$360

* Clone Trooper:
$280-$340

* Han Solo on Carbonite:
$240-$300

* Yoda II:
$300-$380

Those are less expensive, easier to find statues. Some of those looks just as good as the more expensive and more difficult to find statues, but not in very high demand at the moment.

* Slave Leia:
$200-$230

* Padme Amidala:
$240-$280

* Jawa:
$180-$200

* Luke Skywalker:

* Salacious Crumb:
$150-$180

* Salacious plus Pipe:
$290-$340

PS: All prices listed are based on mint/new statues, with their boxes and COA's.

The best advice I can give ya it's something I couldn't have done myself: Go slow!
Or you will end spending a LOT(and trust me, once you see some of those Attakus SW statues in front of you, you will get hook'd).
Also, research, research and research. If you are a wise buyer, you can buy some of those for very good prices(NOT cheap, but good priced enough to make you feel like you made a very good deal. And will help saving money for future purchases).
After the ROTS release on may 19th, will be a very bad time to buy those, since some of them(or all of them) will probably be priced much higher. So try to grab some now and then wait a little for the hype to go down.

I started to collect them recently. I already got : Vader 1, Vader 2, Darth Maul, C3P0, R2D2(didn't arrive yet), Obi-Wan, Yoda 2, Chewbacca, Emperor Palpatine and Han Solo. I may get Boba and the StormTropper down the road, if I can help myself and not buying when I find one!
Some I got from ebay, one got directly from Attakus(Yoda 2, they have the best price around and you get a full color Attakus catalog), others from a person in this board, but based on the market value on those, I know I picked them at their lowest selling points, which makes me feel good about my purchases. If you have patience, and know when/where to buy, you can do the same. Hope it helps and good luck in your Quest. I couldn't be happier collecting them, even tough my wallet(and some other statues I had to sell) doesn't feel the same.

Thanks cap! I figured someone here probably had done their homework and you have obviously done yours.

Now I just have to take it slow and figure out how/when to begin.

I think I might just start with the Vaders and go from there. Its time to start shopping around.

cap70
05-11-2005, 09:09 PM
Thanks cap! I figured someone here probably had done their homework and you have obviously done yours.

Now I just have to take it slow and figure out how/when to begin.

I think I might just start with the Vaders and go from there. Its time to start shopping around.

And you're welcome, Monster!
That's a good move and was exactly what I did. I got the Vader's first, then started to go after the ones I liked.
Good quest for ya and keep us posted!

Gruson
05-11-2005, 10:32 PM
I have the following and think they look GREAT:

-Darth Maul
-Darth Vader II
-Stormtroopers (two of them)....I have them on both sides of Vader and it looks GREAT.
-Emperor

I just wish they were 1/4 scale to match the other pieces in my collection. They are closer to 1/5 scale.

Keep your eyes open, I may be putting them on ebay soon....not sure though.

cap70
05-11-2005, 11:01 PM
Gruson,
In case you decide to sell one StormTrooper, let me know before it goes to ebay and I may buy it from you.

sith lord utinni!
05-11-2005, 11:54 PM
Hows the emperor look up close? I have been debating ordering him but I just cant' decide.

Gruson
05-12-2005, 12:50 AM
Emperor is a nice and heavy piece.

While the face is not perfect, he does look better than the pictures. From 5 feet away, he looks very nice. You have to get very close to notice the face is not perfect.

The pose in his chair is very iconic.

ump
05-12-2005, 11:13 AM
Agree!
I have check the shopstarwars.com again,they were sold out the attakus clonetrooper and chewbacca statue in last few days...I think more and more America people start to collect the attakus line,I have contacted to Brian's toys,and they have only 2 attakus darth vader 2 statue left....(it's a my all time favourite character!!!!!!!)
I think the next hot attakus items are yoda 2 ,jango fett and chewbacca statue,yoda and Chewbacca plays a major role in the new movie,and the jango also a great character in star wars universe....(father of the boba fett and clonetrooper!).
the other great items are gentle giant star wars maquette lines-padme maquette is still very hot on market,and the following will be the obi wan and arc trooper maquettes...
all prices are climbing up....how about these items after the 19-5-05??

* Darth Vader I :

* Yoda I :
$650-$1000

* Boba Fett:
$630 to $1000

* StormTrooper:
$600 to $1000

* Darth Vader II :
$750-$1000

* R2-D2:
$450-$600

* Royal Guard:
$500-$750

* C3PO:
$400-$550

* Jabba the Hut:
$850-$950

* Darth Maul:
$600-$800

* ChewBacca:
$350-$440

* Emperor Palpatine:
$340-$450

* Han Solo:
$320-$390

* Jango Fett:
$280-$350

* Obi-Wan:
$300-$360

* Clone Trooper:
$280-$340

* Han Solo on Carbonite:
$240-$300

* Yoda II:
$300-$380

* Slave Leia:
$200-$230

* Padme Amidala:
$240-$280

* Jawa:
$180-$200

* Luke Skywalker:

* Salacious Crumb:
$150-$180

* Salacious plus Pipe:
$290-$340

Lordbusto
05-14-2005, 06:12 PM
I only have Vader 2 and he's AWESOME!!!
Im thinking about the rest of the line. Ill get em if GG doesn't do them someday. :)

MONSTER
05-14-2005, 06:39 PM
Still thinking..........

I haven't commited yet.

ump
05-15-2005, 12:11 AM
Still thinking..........

I haven't commited yet.
if you are still thinking.....just buy the vader first,if you miss this item at this moment,you need to pay more $ in nearly future....and the most important thing is-it's very beautiful!worth for every $.... :laugh:

voodoomagic5
06-09-2005, 04:01 PM
hey monster...any luck yet in finding a vader 1?

i'm thinking about getting a vader 1 and a jawa. vader is my favorite character and the jawa just looks cool to me. i love characters with hoods for some reason.

best of luck.

Wooktroop
06-09-2005, 04:24 PM
the jawa just looks cool to me. i love characters with hoods for some reason.

the jawa is great
everyone should own one
it is my favorite piece (R2 being 2nd) in the their star wars line. they really nailed this one. i wont get into what i think about the rest :eplus2:

cap70
06-09-2005, 04:33 PM
hey monster...any luck yet in finding a vader 1?

i'm thinking about getting a vader 1 and a jawa. vader is my favorite character and the jawa just looks cool to me. i love characters with hoods for some reason.

best of luck.

Voodoo, I just answered you above. You can't go wrong with Attakus. It's by far the best SW stuff out there., IMO.

voodoomagic5
06-09-2005, 04:44 PM
hey cap, do you have the jawa? what are you thoughts of that one?

DarkRaven
06-10-2005, 05:17 AM
hey cap, do you have the jawa? what are you thoughts of that one?
sorry for jacking the thread, but i've got two of the jawas, and they are cool. I've left one boxed, but the other one i put on my shelf and late at night, his golden eyes seem to light up and stare at you....almost surreal..

vaderlover
06-10-2005, 01:49 PM
Voodoo, I just answered you above. You can't go wrong with Attakus. It's by far the best SW stuff out there., IMO.
i need to save $ for the vader 1 now..... :buttrock: :buttrock: :buttrock:

voodoomagic5
06-10-2005, 01:56 PM
sorry for jacking the thread, but i've got two of the jawas, and they are cool. I've left one boxed, but the other one i put on my shelf and late at night, his golden eyes seem to light up and stare at you....almost surreal..

thanks raven. i'll probably pick one up.

Gianco
06-12-2005, 03:26 PM

Wait for the new series and get something amaizing for a fair retail price! Sandtrooper, Tusken Raider, Tie Fighter Pilot, Bib Fortuna, etc, etc, etc! Or you can go for the Jawa, I find this little fellow very interesting and at very good price. As you can see I'm planning to get a splash into Attakus too! :thumbs2:

MONSTER
06-12-2005, 03:35 PM
I haven't acted on anything yet but I am going to go after some of the new releases.

I just don't want to jump in head first until I have completely made up my mind.

Oh and I have always loved the Jawa as well.

Vader
06-12-2005, 08:49 PM
If you want the chewie or han, PM me.

ta2215
06-13-2005, 11:10 AM
Hi Guys,

As well as some of you guys, I am also in a quest for some Attakus statues. My collection is based only in "bad guys" and so far I have the Emperor and the Royal Guard.
I am now pursuing a Darth Maul and I hope to get one soon.

As a new guy with Attakus, I will like to ask you a acouple of questions:

1) Any of you guys know of a good place to buy Attakus in Germany?
2) Can anyone give me any references of a good seller for Attakus to preorder the new series?

Any help will be appreciate!!!

Orlando
TA2215

Gianco
06-13-2005, 11:24 PM
Hi Guys,

As well as some of you guys, I am also in a quest for some Attakus statues. My collection is based only in "bad guys" and so far I have the Emperor and the Royal Guard.
I am now pursuing a Darth Maul and I hope to get one soon.

As a new guy with Attakus, I will like to ask you a acouple of questions:

1) Any of you guys know of a good place to buy Attakus in Germany?
2) Can anyone give me any references of a good seller for Attakus to preorder the new series?

Any help will be appreciate!!!

Orlando
TA2215

Hey Orlando! Nice to see you around! :thumbs2: Catch you later!

Gianfranco

sith lord utinni!
06-15-2005, 12:24 AM
I am actually contemplating getting a few attakus statues as well. I keep fighting the urge and temptation but it is slowly growing stronger and stronger! I will probably eventually give in to the dark side and order 2 or 3. I don't much like any of the humans faces though.

vaderlover
06-15-2005, 10:54 AM
I am actually contemplating getting a few attakus statues as well. I keep fighting the urge and temptation but it is slowly growing stronger and stronger! I will probably eventually give in to the dark side and order 2 or 3. I don't much like any of the humans faces though.
i'm saving $ for the vader 1 ...if not enough to buy this one,i will choose the vader 2 and yoda 2 first,hope i have extra $$ and need God to save me!!

ta2215
06-15-2005, 10:51 PM
Thanks for the welcome Gianfranco!!!.

Anyone with any info, please!!!!

voodoomagic5
07-20-2005, 03:41 PM
i am pleased to annouce my first attakus purchase....the jawa statue!!!!

simply awesome!! thanks to all for your positive comments on him!

next.....VADER 1!!!!!!

Ia Zista Zass
07-20-2005, 03:43 PM

next.....VADER 1!!!!!!

Congrats...

If you get their Jawa...you will not be disappointed for certain...it's also a moderatly priced piece to "jump in on" so that's a good place to start...be warned...if you start w/ Jawa you may not want to stop...he'll suck you in...I'm being serious...he's such a good representation of their line...he'll make you want more

IZZ

IZZ

Wooktroop
07-20-2005, 03:44 PM

next.....VADER 1!!!!!!

congrats!! just be careful with the straps, i could see them breaking very easy. such a great piece. their cloth technique really suites this statue.

voodoomagic5
07-20-2005, 04:28 PM
[quote]If you get their Jawa...you will not be disappointed for certain...it's also a moderatly priced piece to "jump in on" so that's a good place to start...be warned...if you start w/ Jawa you may not want to stop...he'll suck you in...I'm being serious...he's such a good representation of their line...he'll make you want more [\quote]

I TOTALLY AGREE!!! PLAIN AWESOME!!

for all you jawa owners, what is the use for the metal-like wire hanging from his bag to the floor? that seemed strange.

Wooktroop
07-20-2005, 04:44 PM
for all you jawa owners, what is the use for the metal-like wire hanging from his bag to the floor? that seemed strange.

hmmmmm i think your gun cable might be broke? see if you can plug it back into the gun like pic 3
http://195.13.58.150:9673/mintinbox/data_base/attakus/attakus_jawa

http://195.13.58.150:9673/mintinbox/data_base/attakus/portal_skins/custom/data_base/attakus/Jawa/attakus_jawa12.jpg
http://195.13.58.150:9673/mintinbox/data_base/attakus/portal_skins/custom/data_base/attakus/Jawa/attakus_jawa25.jpg
http://195.13.58.150:9673/mintinbox/data_base/attakus/portal_skins/custom/data_base/attakus/Jawa/attakus_jawa34.jpg

Hellboy
07-20-2005, 06:01 PM
hmmmmm i think your gun cable might be broke?

No nothing is broken. I know exactly what he is refering to and when I received my Jawa I was wondered the same thing. Its actually a very thin black piece that hangs off the front of the empty holster and is barely visable in pictures. The gun cable is a completely seperate piece. And for the record I have no idea what the purpose of this piece is but its extremely thin and quite fragile.

Wooktroop
07-20-2005, 06:06 PM
hmmmm crazy i dont remember that on my piece, ill have to check when i get home. maybe i ripped it off by mistake and didnt notice hahaaha. do you see it in any of the pics in the link above?

Hellboy
07-20-2005, 06:24 PM
Yeah I can see it, but barely, and only because I know where to look. Look at the lowest part of the holster's opening and it starts there. Running vertically down from that point extending past the holster to the bottom of the Jawa's robe. It's black and very thin and blends in with the lines of the robe. Unfortunately it really doesn't look like anything more than a dark line in his robe in that pic.

Wooktroop
07-20-2005, 06:30 PM
i see it, looks tucked into the cloth

http://195.13.58.150:9673/mintinbox/data_base/attakus/portal_skins/custom/data_base/attakus/Jawa/attakus_jawa27.jpg
http://195.13.58.150:9673/mintinbox/data_base/attakus/portal_skins/custom/data_base/attakus/Jawa/attakus_jawa28.jpg

Hellboy
07-20-2005, 06:32 PM
BINGO!!!

Strange little piece isn't it? I'd love to know it's significance.

Wooktroop
07-20-2005, 06:36 PM
haha me too, it looks like there is a hole that it comes out of made just for this little black string. maybe when the gun is in the holster the little jawa uses this to tie it down so it dont fall out when hes running around in the sand. cant wait to get home now and check mine for this.

voodoomagic5
07-20-2005, 07:26 PM
Yeah I can see it, but barely, and only because I know where to look. Look at the lowest part of the holster's opening and it starts there. Running vertically down from that point extending past the holster to the bottom of the Jawa's robe. It's black and very thin and blends in with the lines of the robe. Unfortunately it really doesn't look like anything more than a dark line in his robe in that pic.

THAT'S EXACTLY WHAT I'M ASKING ABOUT!! i have no clue what it is for. just strange. at least i'm not crazy. well....maybe a little.

Wooktroop
07-20-2005, 08:34 PM
just checked, sure enough its on mine aswell, its kinda hard. i thought maybe it would be more like a loose string, owell what ever it is hahahaha