PDA

View Full Version : Tickets to 2010 San Diego Comic Con!!!!

moonlightdrive21
12-31-2009, 12:07 PM
Hey guys:

I'm from New Jersey and will be heading out to San Diego with my family in 2010 for vacation plus the Comic Con. I had no idea that you needed to buy tickets so way in advance and that they would sell out so quickly. The 4 day and single day Saturday tickets already sold out. :banghead:

Do you know if more tickets will be released some time between now and the show? Is there another way to get tickets? Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated.

My first choice is to get the 4 day pass. If I had to get a few single day passes, I was hoping it would include Saturday.

Is Saturday the best day to be there because special guests appear and certain activities occur only on that day?

Thanks!!

spider-man
12-31-2009, 12:49 PM
sat is already sold out, the only way to get four day passes now is ebay. Expect to pay through the nose for those.

IronLungs31
12-31-2009, 01:26 PM
I think on Saturday you get the full effect of what Comic Con is all about. All the true comic geeks come out the wood works with costumes and all. Sunday the Con is getting ready to shut down, and Thursday to me is all the Corp. big wig day...yuck! Friday is the beginning of the freak show, but most of them are folks from the neighboring areas. Saturday is when all the comic freaks come out to play.

hawkeyethearcher
12-31-2009, 01:43 PM
i wouldnt take the family on saturday though. it is just to crazy. i take the kids on thursday and i go on sat. if you have never been then i would say go onsunday. a lot of things are revelaed on different days so on sunday evrything is out for you to see

marvelboi77
12-31-2009, 04:25 PM
I personally prefer Thursday and Friday. You can get all of the exclusive statues and toys. There are a ton of Hollywood celebrities that appear on those days. You get first pick of all of the artwork and setting up your commissions. I have a 4 day pass and I arrive on Weds for preview night and I go home around 2pm on Saturday. I don't even stay the whole day. Saturday takes alot of out of you.

IronLungs31
12-31-2009, 05:48 PM
I personally prefer Thursday and Friday. You can get all of the exclusive statues and toys. There are a ton of Hollywood celebrities that appear on those days. You get first pick of all of the artwork and setting up your commissions. I have a 4 day pass and I arrive on Weds for preview night and I go home around 2pm on Saturday. I don't even stay the whole day. Saturday takes alot of out of you.

Spoken like a true veteran of the "CON!" Saturdays are physically draining, you are going to need to take a few sit down breaks during your journey through the CON. 100-8400 aisle = 840 aisle of booths. You need to be in physical top shape to walk that all in one day...:)

Royd
12-31-2009, 09:32 PM
Given that it takes me (and will again this year) 19 hours flying time (from Perth, Australia) and nearly $1.5K in airfares alone to get to SDCC, I go for all 4 days and I spend from opening till closing at the con (usually in the vicinity of Artist Alley) :)

This will be my 5th. time to SDCC since my first visit there in 1994 - got my 4 day pass with opening night and I can't wait! Last year I had a couple of side-trips including visits to the homes of John Byrne and Tom Palmer. Already planning on side-trips to Vegas and NYC - it should be a blast :)

moonlightdrive21
01-04-2010, 10:01 AM
Great info! Thanks all !!