PDA

View Full Version : Anybody use ZBrush for Macs? or is everyone PC?

DD_fan96
01-01-2010, 02:28 PM
I really want to learn this but I'm on a MAC.

ZBrush for PC is already way ahead in its update releases compared to a Mac.

Is the Mac version ok, just not current?

Is it worth it for me to fork out for 600.00 for software thats not up to date with PC technology? I'm on the fence. but I really don't want to have to have 2 computers.

Any thoughts? thanks.

Voshizle@gmail.
01-01-2010, 03:08 PM
I'm on Mac as well. My copy seems like it's up to date but I still don't know how to use it :P

Craze
01-01-2010, 06:42 PM
Well I have used Zbrush on both systems at work and they are both proficient enought to get the job done. Most of my own Zbrush is done on the PC... I think it's really up to what system you prefer. I do almost all of my work on macs and I have macs as well as a pc at my home for this very reason, in case something may be better on one format as compared to the other... however its really up to the user and what they prefer I think.

Jesse321
01-01-2010, 07:23 PM
You can run the PC version of Z-Brush by using either Parallels or Fusion on your Mac.

AYsculpture
01-01-2010, 09:54 PM
the current mac version is very good to start learning zbrush :) go ahead and give it a shot!

Simon Williams
01-01-2010, 10:01 PM
whats the best tool to use to draw the sculpts in Zbrush.Also can you scan a picture on Zbrush and just have it make the picture into a rendering.

DD_fan96
01-01-2010, 11:43 PM
whats the best tool to use to draw the sculpts in Zbrush.Also can you scan a picture on Zbrush and just have it make the picture into a rendering.

Have you seen their latest version for the pc? check out the new features video if you get a chance. Its why I started asking questions cause I got excited watching it. I don't know if it'll help with your questions or not, but its interesting.

3.5r3_ZBrush (http://www.pixologic.com/zbrush/zbrush350r3/)

DD_fan96
01-01-2010, 11:45 PM
You can run the PC version of Z-Brush by using either Parallels or Fusion on your Mac.

That did cross my mind, I wasn't sure if that would hinder the performance or not. I've never used anything in Parallels or Fusion. Do you use them much?

Voshizle@gmail.
01-02-2010, 12:11 AM
I just have a mac book from about two years ago, nothing too fancy. I used to run XP on it with parallels but it would bog it down like none other. You also would need to get an anti-virus after you tarnish your mac with a windows product as it can let viruses in.

Jesse321
01-02-2010, 09:26 AM
That did cross my mind, I wasn't sure if that would hinder the performance or not. I've never used anything in Parallels or Fusion. Do you use them much?

I use Fusion all the time (though I've heard great things about Parallels also) to run Quicken and Quickbooks ... both of which are WAY better in the PC format. Intuit doesn't put as much into the Mac versions as they do the PC versions, and when I use it I don't notice any noticeable lag ... granted, they're not graphic intensive programs which usually take up more ram like Z-brush though.

I would talk to Z-Brush first before getting either version, because I'm sure that they're not like Intuit ... I would think that even if they're numbered differently, that the functionality of the programs would be the same on either platform.