PDA

View Full Version : Where to buy metal bbs?

cdiddy408
01-19-2010, 11:57 AM
hey fellas,

i tried searching but couldn't find any info on this. i'm trying to sculpt a 1/6 scale head and i've read that some people have had much success in using metal bbs for eyes to get that perfect roundness. so my question is what size of metal bbs should i use and where to buy them? i've read that some have used 6mm. thanks guys!

DarkKni9hT
01-19-2010, 03:20 PM
Not sure where to get bbs that size, but any craft store should sell beading supplies. I keep several sizes of plain round beads about for use as eyes and other details. They should be fairly easy to find. As long as you turn the thead holes to the side when you insert them, they should make for great eyes.

oddball
01-19-2010, 03:26 PM
anywhere that sells guns. walmart, k-mart, sporting goods.

Koger
01-19-2010, 03:51 PM
you can also get some nice metal beads of varying sizes at michaels and ac moore. that may give you a little more flexibility than bbs. Another option would be loose ball bearings from a hardware store or an auto supply store.

Mostly Fantasy
02-11-2010, 11:48 PM
Grainger or McMaster-Carr should have them.

Spartacus
02-14-2010, 10:51 AM
i like that you guys actual help each other out!

Very positive! i like that!
Great thread!

Mostly Fantasy
02-14-2010, 06:00 PM
I just thought of a place I used to get bearings of different sizes- Berry Bearing (no kidding- really!) here in the Chicago area- probably can order online from them.