PDA

View Full Version : Forbidden Planet just cost me my Nova statue...

RichBamf
01-21-2010, 10:57 AM
So with the money my family gave me for christmas, about 50% went on bills and stuff, but I wanted to treat myself so I kept enough back for modern Nova.

After Anand stole the modern nova statue I was eyeing up from where I buy my statues from, I had a look elsewhere.

I found three possible sources, the cheapest being ForbiddenPlanet.co.uk. Ordered it, but thought it was a little strange that they were only excepting paypal for it, so I phoned them and they assured me they had one in stock.

They take my cash, and then two weeks go buy. I phone them and they say they'll look into it and get back to me. Turns out they don't have one in stock...now the other two places have sold out and now I have to spend the money that's in my paypal account otherwise I'll have to take the hit on fees transferring it back to my account.

:soapb: :soapb: :soapb:

Anyone got any ideas where I can find one? :(

VinReaper
01-21-2010, 11:20 AM
They can refund your money to you without subjecting you to the loss in fees. They can either use the merchant refund option and refund money in full or gift it to you, which is a non fee transaction as long as it is in the same state, province or in your case country!

Don't let them tell you that they can't! Heck! You should just be able to walk into the store and get a cash refund. They can keep the Paypal payment!

VR

RichBamf
01-21-2010, 11:22 AM
They can refund your money to you without subjecting you to the loss in fees. They can either use the merchant refund option and refund money in full or gift it to you, which is a non fee transaction as long as it is in the same state, province or in your case country!

Don't let them tell you that they can't! Heck! You should just be able to walk into the store and they can just give you back the cash. They can keep the Paypal payment!

VR

Sweet, i didn't know that...I'll phone them now!

Still need a Nova though....:doh!:

VinReaper
01-21-2010, 11:23 AM
Sweet, i didn't know that...I'll phone them now!

Still need a Nova though....:doh!:

Same here! And I will eventually find it!

I am assuming you mean the Modern Nova!

It is definitely a must get!

VR

statman
01-21-2010, 11:24 AM

Don't let them tell you that they can't! Heck! You should just be able to walk into the store and get a cash refund. They can keep the Paypal payment!

VR

Good answer Paddy!:goodpost:

VinReaper
01-21-2010, 11:25 AM
Good answer Paddy!:goodpost:

Thank you! Glad to have been of help! :thumbs2:

VR

RichBamf
01-21-2010, 11:25 AM
Same here! And I will eventually find it!

I am assuming you mean the Modern Nova!

It is definitely a must get!

VR

Yep Modern...dammit I really want one...

nbr3bagshotrow
01-21-2010, 11:26 AM

It's definitely a candidate for Bowen's best of 2009.

VinReaper
01-21-2010, 11:26 AM

It's not even a question of want! If you're a collector of statues,..IT"S A NEED! :D

VR

RichBamf
01-21-2010, 11:27 AM
It's definitely a candidate for Bowen's best of 2009.

It's not even a question of want! If you're a collector of statues,..IT"S A NEED! :D

VR

I even picked out a place for it...I was gonna partner it with Super Skrull...

One of Bowen's best ever IMO. :buttrock:

VinReaper
01-21-2010, 11:43 AM
I even picked out a place for it...I was gonna partner it with Super Skrull...

One of Bowen's best ever IMO. :buttrock:

I need that one too! :banghead:

VR

abarron
01-21-2010, 11:47 AM
Poor Bamfer

:bawling:

How about you donate the funds to a worthy cause

ahem Me??

mwf6171
01-21-2010, 12:00 PM
I will check my LCS the next time I am in. :D

RichBamf
01-21-2010, 12:53 PM
I will check my LCS the next time I am in. :D

Ta Mikey, you're a star...:penguin:

El Diablo
01-21-2010, 01:03 PM
Play have it for pre-order rich (£200) but their as much of a gamble as forbidden planet tbh, it's an option though.

Know what you mean about fp.co.uk your situation happens to people all to often dealing with them, i'm a bit nervous myself as I just place a large order with them. Everything was "in stock" but well, i'll believe that when the stuff arrives :redface:

Primal
01-21-2010, 01:10 PM
It's all Anand's fault! :stick:

Argonus
01-21-2010, 02:08 PM

:laugh:

How thoughtless of him. :bawling:

rychehitman
01-21-2010, 02:22 PM
Sorry this happened Rich!

that's a real low move on Anand's part! I hope he gets (milk) lead sickness from licking all his Eaglemoss lead figures!:vortex:

I MIGHT have a line on one...but it's a longshot!:batman:

Mikey...you should always post what your LCS has in stock! :wink2:

ALPH4T34M
01-21-2010, 03:09 PM
So with the money my family gave me for christmas, about 50% went on bills and stuff, but I wanted to treat myself so I kept enough back for modern Nova.

After Anand stole the modern nova statue I was eyeing up from where I buy my statues from, I had a look elsewhere.

I found three possible sources, the cheapest being ForbiddenPlanet.co.uk. Ordered it, but thought it was a little strange that they were only excepting paypal for it, so I phoned them and they assured me they had one in stock.

They take my cash, and then two weeks go buy. I phone them and they say they'll look into it and get back to me. Turns out they don't have one in stock...now the other two places have sold out and now I have to spend the money that's in my paypal account otherwise I'll have to take the hit on fees transferring it back to my account.

:soapb: :soapb: :soapb:

Anyone got any ideas where I can find one? :(

:laugh:

How thoughtless of him. :bawling:

Who is this Anand that you speak of??

:confused2

:eplus2:

ALPH4T34M
01-21-2010, 03:11 PM
Sorry this happened Rich!

that's a real low move on Anand's part! I hope he gets (milk) lead sickness from licking all his Eaglemoss lead figures!:vortex:

I MIGHT have a line on one...but it's a longshot!:batman:

Mikey...you should always post what your LCS has in stock! :wink2:

LMAO!!! :hilarious: :hilarious:

Sorry Richie! :(

RichBamf
01-25-2010, 11:31 AM
UPDATE

Anand mananged to find one for me for £2 off what I originally was going to pay, so i forgive him :laugh:

VaultMan
01-25-2010, 11:33 AM

VR

:iagree: WORD!

riteguytu
01-25-2010, 01:31 PM
UPDATE

Anand mananged to find one for me for £2 off what I originally was going to pay, so i forgive him :laugh:

Congrats! FP has done this to me on 2 occasions as well :banghead:

rychehitman
01-25-2010, 01:33 PM
Nice to see this all worked out.....but I wouldn't let him off the hook quite yet!

Alex655321
01-25-2010, 01:39 PM
UPDATE

Congrats Rich ! :buttrock:

statman
01-25-2010, 01:39 PM
UPDATE

Sweet! :thumbs2: