Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old Today, 01:52 PM   #291
Tbolt
Inconceivable!
Adamantium Member

If they are going to work with Infinity they should also sidebar with Kaustic Plastic on the 1/6 figures then. They do some outstanding figures and their magnetic bases actually work.
Tbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:00 PM   #292
Forps is back
The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atimantium View Post
I wouldn?t listen to that Atim guy.
My favourite Tubers are the everyday collector (if he also cuts his ties with his fellow Canadian retailer/guy he receives some of his pieces, he could become a legend in the community. A whole horde of guys, of pushers wearing T-shirts of certain resellers etc is searching to find things against Jon and they can find things for his Canadian fellow reseller. I understand that being Canadian, he doesn't have many options to buy but at least he can stop promoting his fellow guy, just to not give his haters the opportunity to come after him via bad practices/pricing etc of that Canadian reseller) and Archangel. I mentioned Atim mainly with the aim to have 3 names, lol.

My favourite guys are the everyday collector and Archangel.
Forps is back is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:04 PM   #293
Forps is back
The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by God View Post
The market will naturally correct itself if necessary I believe. I don't think Sideshow has to do much in the cases mentioned.

It is getting more competitive than ever.
You didn't "get" what i was saying (qz33 also). IcedDog "got" it. We are not talking about statue companies here, but resellers and the ongoing "war" amongst them eg selling Prime1 stuff without the license to do so, literally under Sideshow's nose and other resellers complaining about it (having the right to do so, cause they have the license to do so). There is a "war" going on between them, check social med, check what is going on.

Regarding statue companies, i have predicted all of this with my epic thread (Winter is coming...). The winter is going to last for many years not only due to prices, shipping, inflation etc. It is also lack of space that is killing the hobby with old collectors being spaced out of the hobby (i blame Prime1 for this with their stupid bases, known as "throwing everything and your mother over the base just to amaze average Joes, drivers, teachers in this hobby").
Old Today, 02:22 PM   #294
God
Fantastic Four
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forps is back View Post
You didn't "get" what i was saying (qz33 also). IcedDog "got" it. We are not talking about statue companies here, but resellers and the ongoing "war" amongst them eg selling Prime1 stuff without the license to do so, literally under Sideshow's nose and other resellers complaining about it (having the right to do so, cause they have the license to do so). There is a "war" going on between them, check social med, check what is going on.

Regarding statue companies, i have predicted all of this with my epic thread (Winter is coming...). The winter is going to last for many years not only due to prices, shipping, inflation etc. It is also lack of space that is killing the hobby with old collectors being spaced out of the hobby (i blame Prime1 for this with their stupid bases, known as "throwing everything and your mother over the base just to amaze average Joes, drivers, teachers in this hobby").
Admittedly, I'm not privy to this reseller war. Though I only buy from official dealers (ex: Sideshow for Infinity Studio), so that's likely the main reason.

I have some idea of whom you're referring to, but I won't mention the name.
God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:42 PM   #295
Forps is back
The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbolt View Post
What is crazy to me, is how many long time posters that quit after getting burned on orders through XM Grey market re-sellers. I mean, that always had trouble spelled all over it. Frankly nothing they ever produced was worth that risk.

I dont know, I think its a problem when legitimate license holders dont stop it. Not so much on this end, but that is the sort of thing that drives manufacturing costs up. When people dont have to pay for the right licensing they have more to grease the factory wheels with making everyone elses costs rise.
Tbolt, a book can be written with what really happened with XM. XM's origins (Sideshow knew but did nothing), her push into the hobby with LAUGHABLE sculpts (She-Hulk, Kraven etc), her online army of hypers, guys even working for XM, other guys receiving "freebies" for "reviews", the inflated prices, the whole mess of the hobby nowadays can be attributed to XM's emergence along with Tubers and their agendas. Prime1 also played a role, mainly driving prices up and also driving to a race for enormous but ugly and non-artsy bases.

Sideshow ofc knows what exactly happened or what is happening nowadays with LBS. Everyone and their mother is having a show with LBS or is reviewing LBS' pieces.

Sideshow can send items to Tubers like carly king or like Tested with >100K ACTUAL (NON-SHORTS) views and people watching them and cut ANY TIES with any other Tuber. The community is also indifferent and doesn't care about their agendas. People in this hobby having money to buy 2k/3k or 5k stuff are surely not "sheep" to fall for agendas and pushing.

Sideshow's aim should be to continue PUNCHING competition and giving us new pieces sculpted the famous "Sideshow's way", outselling competition by a factor of 5x - 6x (even after taking into account different price points), produce 1-2 statement pieces just to amaze Tubers, average Joes who only get excited by size and to create buzz around her brand, sculpt 2-3 LSBs per year etc... I already gave a blueprint of how Sideshow's management should operate in the medium term. Read my previous posts.

A strategic alliance with Blitzway (that is keeping Prime1 relevant these days) and Infinity Studios is also going to fill the gaps for Sideshow (she lacks in movie/actor statues and LSBs).

ECC is a different animal (Toynami) and i also hate its route towards Dino-cr.p. JP is a non-meaningful license. Anyone can produce a T-Rex without paying a penny for the license and 100% of people outside of this hobby won't be able to tell the difference. I get that there are some weirdos collecting Dino-stuff (the same applies to guys being @ their 30s or 40s collectiing anime/manga or video games stuff) but ECC was a beast back in the day (Lycan LSB, Reaper LSB, Lycan/Marcus dio 1/3, Freddy LSB, Akihito Brain Ded LSB etc). I don't like ECC's recent focus but i'm satisfied with Sideshow, Infinity Stud and Blitzway, so....
Old Today, 03:11 PM   #296
Sonic Boom
The Green Hornet

Quote:
Sideshow can send items to Tubers like carly king or like Tested with >100K ACTUAL (NON-SHORTS) views and people watching them and cut ANY TIES with any other Tuber. The community is also indifferent and doesn't care about their agendas. People in this hobby having money to buy 2k/3k or 5k stuff are surely not "sheep" to fall for agendas and pushing.
I can't be the only one wondering how a channel has 100K+ or 200K+ subscribers and can barely break 1K views on their videos. Zero engagement. I'm not talking about Carly.
Sonic Boom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:22 PM   #297
Forps is back
The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic Boom View Post
I can't be the only one wondering how a channel has 100K+ or 200K+ subscribers and can barely break 1K views on their videos. Zero engagement. I'm not talking about Carly.
It's simple. They got their subscribers push by SHORTS. I've written this '00s of times. I wonder how companies FALL for "big" Tubers in this hobby when these "big names" can't even get over 2k-3k views on their regular lives, podcasts or videos.

Tube was/is promoting Shorts as a rival to Tik-Tok. If you check "big" Tubers subscribers chart, it can be correlated to their SHORTS videos getting views.

But these subscribers are guys simply subsribing for fun, to watch 15-20sec videos, probably toooo young, having 0 interest for the hobby, having 0 disposable income etc.

Companies and CEOs of companies "falling" for "big" Tubers in this hobby TELLS me a lot about their ability to understand economy, social med etc. I LITERALLY LAUGH when a company goes on a live and thinks that the live is something special. WAKE UP! You are going to get 2k-3k views at most! I LAUGH and i pity such companies.

Carly or Tested have ACTUAL 100k-200k views on their regular videos (NON-SHORTS), so sending a piece for a review there is meaningful and you (Sideshow) are also taking a hard stance cutting ANY TIES with Tubers or pushers.

The hobby must be cleaned from the mess, integrity should be brought back. Sideshow needs NO Tuber and should allow NO Tuber (at least "hobby-related", Tested can be accepted or other TRULLY BIG and INFLUENTIAL Tubers, outside of the hobby ofc) to receive pieces for a review or walk through her shows. 2024's Sideshow doesn't need them and the community also is CLEVER enough to "smell" Tubers agendas.

Guys, i'll give you again the hint. If a Tuber does not have >3k views on his lives or consistently >10k views on NON-SHORTS videos = a creation of SHORTS.

With Shorts and subscribers due to Shorts being NON-RELEVANT for this hobby
Old Today, 03:51 PM   #298
Atimantium
Hydra

Quote:
My favourite Tubers are the everyday collector (if he also cuts his ties with his fellow Canadian retailer/guy he receives some of his pieces, he could become a legend in the community. A whole horde of guys, of pushers wearing T-shirts of certain resellers etc is searching to find things against Jon and they can find things for his Canadian fellow reseller. I understand that being Canadian, he doesn't have many options to buy but at least he can stop promoting his fellow guy, just to not give his haters the opportunity to come after him via bad practices/pricing etc of that Canadian reseller) and Archangel. I mentioned Atim mainly with the aim to have 3 names, lol.

My favourite guys are the everyday collector and Archangel.
Phew. I?m glad you only added me so you could have 3 names.
Atimantium is online now   Reply With Quote