Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old Yesterday, 04:01 PM   #501
Hobbyist
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdenham View Post
He shouldn't be this hard to nail down.
He has some very defined structure that seems to be baffling the sculptors there.
As far as visual blindness/biases going on associated with racial differences-that is a thing and I've talked about it with a few times with my friend who is an artist originally from Thailand.
I'm not sure that is what is going on here, but it's a bit frustrating to watch.
JND should reconsider releasing this statue.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	jnd.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	323.3 KB
ID:	170831  
Hobbyist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:03 PM   #502
cking
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Again. I should clarify that this is the result of scanning three different lifecasts of Reeve and merging them all together. It is not a brand new sculpt from scratch. so it has the advantage of already having Reeve's actual features nearly correct. It has been lovingly done by a massive Reeve fan. It's not being produced by a company.

Due to the weight of the alginate on the face when the lifecasts are taken, it does distort the skin a bit (pulls things downwards), so this one had to be digitally tweaked to try and "return" the skin and features to their correct appearance. It's a damn good effort but doesn't look quite so good from the other angle I've got of it. Still a fantastic looking piece though and I'm looking forward to getting it in hand to see it with my own eyes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobbyist View Post
Off?! No way. This is the best headsculpt of CR I have ever seen.

This should be used as a benchmark for all companies trying to do a CR Superman statue or figure, IMO.

I am hoping Blitzway/Prime 1 would see this and come up with a 1:4 statue of CR Superman when they have the license.

What is the name of the company responsible for this headsculpt?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20240604_171428_953.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	141.7 KB
ID:	170832  
cking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:20 PM   #503
cking
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Oh yes, that one with the slight smirk will be done too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
It absolutely is! ..the best!
It would look even better if the mouth expression had that iconique slight smile he does.
cking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:36 PM   #504
candyrocket786
Suicide Squad

Quote:
He has some very defined structure that seems to be baffling the sculptors there.
As far as visual blindness/biases going on associated with racial differences-that is a thing and I've talked about it with a few times with my friend who is an artist originally from Thailand.
I'm not sure that is what is going on here, but it's a bit frustrating to watch.
Damn.. differences are so obvious you'd think JND would fix this ASAP.
candyrocket786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:55 PM   #505
Electric Tiki
Producer
Producer

Quote:
Wow, this really shows some contrast. In comparison the JND portrait looks kind of "sickly". The silicon "skin" seems to give him a pale and ruddy complexion, like he has a bit of rosacea. The new portrait seems youthful and healthy. Having said that, I'm sure lighting has a lot to do with that as well and the JND may look great in person. The in hand Gadot WW pics collectors have posted look pretty phenomenal. Hyper realism is so tough.
Electric Tiki is offline   Reply With Quote