Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 05-17-2024, 11:17 PM   #41
azurepred
Green Lantern Corps

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC_808 View Post
That's the whole point to Superman. He does have the power to defeat Darkseid. Superman is holding back when he uses his powers cause he doesn't want to kill anyone. Superman doesn't need to experience dark sh!t or have killed to defeat Darkseid. Once Superman figures it out, he just gradually lets loose his full powers on Darkseid.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Knight View Post
Superman Fought Darkseid many times in comics and cartoons, he didn't need to go though some dark stuff to face Darkseid each time. You can put Superman in a dark stuation, you can bring him to Apocalyps, but you shoudn't make Superman himself a dark character like Batman etc. That is what i don't like about Snyder Films, his Superman came out as edgy, a Batman wanna be, poser as a character. I am a Batman guy, i like a dark character, but Superman is not that.
I never read Supes books, but good to know.
azurepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2024, 12:48 AM   #42
qz33
Baron Zemo

Superman is supposed to be impossibly idealistic not realistic. Someone to endlessly aspire to.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2024, 01:06 AM   #43
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
Superman is supposed to be impossibly idealistic not realistic. Someone to endlessly aspire to.
"You will give the people of Earth an ideal to strive towards...they will race behind you, they will stumble, they will fall...but in time, they will join you in the sun, Kal. In time, you will help them accomplish wonders."

https://youtu.be/hB9RkcXVbrU?si=bek6Vp1SPcIXUrZt
IcedDog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2024, 05:37 PM   #44
ParisDean
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
hopefully the rumors of him showing up as a wolverine variant are true, it would blow my mind if he became the new wolverine
I've read many unconfirmed reports that say this is happening, but I'd prefer to not see a 6ft.+ tall Wolverine again. The actor doesn't have to be 5'3", but at least cast someone under 6' so he's not towering over Storm. That's just wrong.

I would love to see Henry Cavill play Captain Britain--and reportedly, he would too--but with the recent popularity of Captain Carter, that character's appearance on the screen seems unlikely to me.

Back to Superman, I'm ambivalent about this project. Like Batman and Spider-Man, we've seen so many iterations over the years, that I'm burnt out.
ParisDean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2024, 06:33 PM   #45
qz33
Baron Zemo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParisDean View Post
Back to Superman, I'm ambivalent about this project. Like Batman and Spider-Man, we've seen so many iterations over the years, that I'm burnt out.
All this stuff needs a rest. Let people get hungry again.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2024, 03:12 AM   #46
The Dark Knight
Jubilee

Quote:
There is probably no time because Superman and Lois Lane will enter the public domain in 2034, followed by Batman in 2035, the Joker in 2036 and Wonder Woman in 2037.

I wonder if this will be the end of DC Comics, well, nothing last forever...
The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2024, 08:40 AM   #47
Mister H
Ultimates

Quote:
I agree to a point. Let the big budget, super heroes have a rest. Do a few movies like Dredd, Solomon Kane or Godzilla Minus One. Low budget, story focused, lore accurate movies. Lesser known characters that DC and Marvel can?t come in and ruin.
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2024, 07:26 PM   #48
azurepred
Green Lantern Corps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
I agree to a point. Let the big budget, super heroes have a rest. Do a few movies like Dredd, Solomon Kane or Godzilla Minus One. Low budget, story focused, lore accurate movies. Lesser known characters that DC and Marvel can?t come in and ruin.
Swamp Thing should've been one of their first films imo. Especially after we got majorly shafted on the show being cancelled. I feel like nobody really cares about a new Supes when Cavill is still very fresh in peoples minds.
azurepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2024, 10:00 PM   #49
CessnaDriver
Suicide Squad

Quote:

I've been giving it a rest myself for a very long time for Superman and Batman on big screen. I have to go back to Superman Returns and The Dark Knight.

My personal views on casting and/or how to depict the characters has been extremely out of sync with the creative decisions of those in power.

So with massive caution I cross my fingers on this.
CessnaDriver is offline   Reply With Quote