Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > eFX, HCG & CM

Old Yesterday, 06:17 PM   #121
VickPS
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Spoiler

The amount of detail at the end of this video..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6ugZPii4QI

It's hard to believe this really is a thing. And so many interesting info directly for Steve, thet truly did all they could to make this the ultimate Grail.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BladeoftheMoon View Post
I was so excited but to have others point out issues that then become glaring problems to me overly detailed oriented eye is maddening.

'teeth on these replicas are incorrect. Palettes too. In 30 years the models shrinked and was not fixed, eyes are too open, it was probably a 3rd or 4th generation cast. Scanning loose details and create noise, the model was probably altered... I was scanning instructor and worked for ilm for years, I have 4 full size trex head scan, 3 first generation, and 1 second generation. None of them has eye like this and an offset that big on the jaw. They just took Greg model as an ultimate ref without thinking it would have issues....'
Well, I'm genuinely sorry that list of mostly nothing became glaring problems for you. I can tell you if I based my purchases on my own perfectionist needs or Julien complaints I would have exactly 0 JP statue in my collection.
Afterall I'm sure you wouldn't be persuaded to get rid of every single Prime 1 JP piece we both purchased just because I could list the more than a hundred issues with them. Perfection really isn't what you'll find in this hobby.

Teeth aren't incorrect, they are based on the SWS Trophy Room head (any choice would be labeled as incorrect by some regardless, as full lenght animatronic and the more detailed mechanical insert heads differ) and as easily noticeable they perfectly match.

As for the rest, we all read this countless times at this point..

'If you cast something you deform it, loose detail and shrink it in size. If you scan it you lose detail and introduce noise..'

And yet I don't think I should be the perfectionist to claim both these approaches are by far the best possible ones and a million times preferable to resculpting the whole thing with your own hands based on all sort of different references (most being old pictures/videos made with unknown lenses/focal lenght) and fill all the gaps for the countless obscure portions with your own designs..

The moment you get one of these elongated 3D objects in hand you immediately realize you could take a thousand photos and have the piece looking entirely different in each and every one of them, not to mention when, dealing with SWS originals, you witness the uncountable amounf of wrinkles of uncountable amount of different depths, some entirely disappearing as soon as you take a step back..

This is the reason I was mostly hesistant when you and a few others were asking companies all the time to make a 1:1 head, I seriously doubted someone would actually bother going the extra mile to track an original head. But the miracle happened.

Not trying to convince you nor anything, but if you could afford a piece you claim you wanted since '93 but have now decided against it because of those "issues" listed, well that would be simply bizarre to me.

Even just to have it as a monumental upgraded over your current life-size head, as a gift for your overly detailed oriented eye..

Spoiler

VickPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:52 PM   #122
BladeoftheMoon
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamaboy311 View Post
Bro, you ain't planning to display it in that backyard of yours right?
It would eventually go in our Dinosaur Park yes. It's the only way I can justify it lol I am planning a pop culture dinosaur museum..eventually. www.backyardterrors.com
BladeoftheMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:50 AM   #123
BladeoftheMoon
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by VickPS View Post

Spoiler

The amount of detail at the end of this video..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6ugZPii4QI

It's hard to believe this really is a thing. And so many interesting info directly for Steve, thet truly did all they could to make this the ultimate Grail.

Well, I'm genuinely sorry that list of mostly nothing became glaring problems for you. I can tell you if I based my purchases on my own perfectionist needs or Julien complaints I would have exactly 0 JP statue in my collection.
Afterall I'm sure you wouldn't be persuaded to get rid of every single Prime 1 JP piece we both purchased just because I could list the more than a hundred issues with them. Perfection really isn't what you'll find in this hobby.

Teeth aren't incorrect, they are based on the SWS Trophy Room head (any choice would be labeled as incorrect by some regardless, as full lenght animatronic and the more detailed mechanical insert heads differ) and as easily noticeable they perfectly match.

As for the rest, we all read this countless times at this point..

'If you cast something you deform it, loose detail and shrink it in size. If you scan it you lose detail and introduce noise..'

And yet I don't think I should be the perfectionist to claim both these approaches are by far the best possible ones and a million times preferable to resculpting the whole thing with your own hands based on all sort of different references (most being old pictures/videos made with unknown lenses/focal lenght) and fill all the gaps for the countless obscure portions with your own designs..

The moment you get one of these elongated 3D objects in hand you immediately realize you could take a thousand photos and have the piece looking entirely different in each and every one of them, not to mention when, dealing with SWS originals, you witness the uncountable amounf of wrinkles of uncountable amount of different depths, some entirely disappearing as soon as you take a step back..

This is the reason I was mostly hesistant when you and a few others were asking companies all the time to make a 1:1 head, I seriously doubted someone would actually bother going the extra mile to track an original head. But the miracle happened.

Not trying to convince you nor anything, but if you could afford a piece you claim you wanted since '93 but have now decided against it because of those "issues" listed, well that would be simply bizarre to me.

Even just to have it as a monumental upgraded over your current life-size head, as a gift for your overly detailed oriented eye..

Spoiler

lol well I KNOW mine isn't accurate by any means and it wasn't trying to be. I literally got the fiberglass shell for 400.00 then did all the work myself to just "make a tyrannosaurus" for a photo op. Cost does play a part and yes we don't know yet what that cost will be unless I missed something?

It is annoying to get really excited over something only to have people tell you how bad it is. Especially if I did all I could to actually afford something like this.

I guess the best I can do is listen to everyone's opinions and advice then see the final product images and cost and make a decision. I apologize if my flip flopping is an annoyance though. It wasn't intended as such.
BladeoftheMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 08:13 AM   #124
tamaboy311
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by BladeoftheMoon View Post
It would eventually go in our Dinosaur Park yes. It's the only way I can justify it lol I am planning a pop culture dinosaur museum..eventually. www.backyardterrors.com
Why would you do that?! The rain and elements are going to destroy it!
tamaboy311 is offline   Reply With Quote