Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > eFX, HCG & CM

Old 09-18-2007, 10:50 AM   #1
GangstaRoranous
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Alien Help

Hey guys, could anyone here post some large pictures of the very tip of the CM Alien's tail? Also, did anyone have the paint rub off a little on the back of their Alien head?

Thanks guys, I really appreciate your help.
GangstaRoranous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 11:00 AM   #2
cap70
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

I could post some pics, but I ain't home. Will try to take some pics later.
When you say paint rub off in the back, you say in the lower dome, or "neck"?
cap70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 11:05 AM   #3
GangstaRoranous

Quote:
Originally Posted by cap70 View Post
I could post some pics, but I ain't home. Will try to take some pics later.
When you say paint rub off in the back, you say in the lower dome, or "neck"?
Thanks Cap. I mean the lower dome but I also believe some rubbed off on the neck because of that tie down they use. I think these rubs would have been avoidable if they wrapped the head in tissue paper.

The tip of the tail looks a bit funny to me, almost like the very tip was missing but I am not sure. I will post some pictures as well.

Also, have you ever had the base of one of your CM's rattle as though some polystone broke off inside of it? I know it's not a huge deal but it bothers me a bit.
Old 09-18-2007, 11:09 AM   #4
cap70

Quote:
Originally Posted by GangstaRoranous View Post
Thanks Cap. I mean the lower dome but I also believe some rubbed off on the neck because of that tie down they use. I think these rubs would have been avoidable if they wrapped the head in tissue paper.

The tip of the tail looks a bit funny to me, almost like the very tip was missing but I am not sure. I will post some pictures as well.

Also, have you ever had the base of one of your CM's rattle as though some polystone broke off inside of it? I know it's not a huge deal but it bothers me a bit.
As far as I know, my dome it's perfect. I gave it a good look when I got it. They exchanged my first dome, that came scracthed in the clear part. They exchanged the tail as well. The old tail had a piece of " armature wire" showing up. Is that the case with yours? The old tail looked like it had a small part of the tip broken off, "exposing" the wire underneath.
Old 09-18-2007, 11:16 AM   #5
GangstaRoranous

Quote:
As far as I know, my dome it's perfect. I gave it a good look when I got it. They exchanged my first dome, that came scracthed in the clear part. They exchanged the tail as well. The old tail had a piece of " armature wire" showing up. Is that the case with yours? The old tail looked like it had a small part of the tip broken off, "exposing" the wire underneath.
Yes, that's exactly what it looks like. I wasn't sure because it kind of blends in with the color scheme and it's just a small part sticking out. Noticeable it is though.

As far as the dome is concerned, it isn't so much as scratched but rubbed. It is dull in the area of the rub and the paint is missing.

About the T-850 base and the loose polystone inside rattling around- would that bother you? It doesn't affect the piece while on display but still these things are freakin expensive.
Old 09-18-2007, 11:18 AM   #6
GangstaRoranous

Oh and Cap, could you still post a pic of the tail? I just want to make sure before I give them a call about it.
Old 09-18-2007, 11:20 AM   #7
cap70

Quote:
Yes, that's exactly what it looks like. I wasn't sure because it kind of blends in with the color scheme and it's just a small part sticking out. Noticeable it is though.

As far as the dome is concerned, it isn't so much as scratched but rubbed. It is dull in the are of the rub and the paint is missing.

About the T-850 base and the loose polystone inside rattling around- would that bother you? It doesn't affect the piece while on display but still these things are freakin expensive.
I really don't remember if any of my bases rattled, but I think it wouldn't bother me too much. But if bothers you, give them a call for sure.
Old 09-18-2007, 11:21 AM   #8
cap70

Quote:
Oh and Cap, could you still post a pic of the tail? I just want to make sure before I give them a call about it.
I will post later, as soon as I get home.
Old 09-18-2007, 11:25 AM   #9
GangstaRoranous

Quote:
I will post later, as soon as I get home.
Thank you very much.
Old 09-18-2007, 11:29 AM   #10
jet_force_juno
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:

As far as the dome is concerned, it isn't so much as scratched but rubbed. It is dull in the area of the rub and the paint is missing.

my t800's base rattles there is something loose inside.
it never bothered me back in the days when I first started collecting CM's and I let things like that go. Now I might not feel the same and might want a replacement.
can someone else quote this and post it back up since GR ignores my posts
jet_force_juno is offline   Reply With Quote