Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > News and Updates > Statue Reviews

Old 01-21-2008, 03:35 AM   #1
Hellz Manik
Death is hereditary.

Final Fantasy 18 Figure

Howdy Folks, once again for yet another review. Remember the richter scale 1 or 10 nothing in between. This time it will be based Final Fantasy Masterpiece 1/4 figure...featuring Cloud.

Package:
Well, i went to local figure shop and picked it up. The box was huge, let just say you need two hands to carry it and quite bit of trunk space. The box is black with cloud in the front, holding his two swords. Once the box is open, thick foam all around and massive sealing tape, package felt very secured

Packaging:10

Impression:
I cant even describe it.....I was thinking about buying another one and having it sealed. Beautiful well rounded statue. I really cant say anything else,....like charles barkley once said" anything is else is uncivilized" I will tell you why later

impression:10

Appearance:
Ok i picked up the statue and said wow!!!! this guys put in some major detail into this figure. The clothes that you see around him is real cloth, the sweater is black and looks hand nitted. The belt and a bit of chains flows excellent with his clothing l!!! The belt is even shiny to make it stand out!! Plus the zipper you can zip it up or down. you know what, this is one of those statues, where the clothing is as much importance as the sculpting ,they really took their time.

Appearance:10

Assembly
Well, usually i dont like to do this but here it goes. Now im not that good at target practice, especially with my eyes closed ill explain why. When you first open the statue, you have to put together his arms ( sounds simple, get the arms, remove his left and right sleeve and slides right in). Now for the back pack!!! this is where i was having a pain, the instructions indicated to simply grab his back pack and put it a little bit down towards his back. The problem, is that you cannot find the hole to fit the back pack, you have to kind of play with it and find it and once you do....ITS DONE!!! Also, the sweater does not have any holes, so it makes it a difficult, then your wondering whether you should do it or noy, because you might ruin the sweater, thats better than what your grandma made you!! sorry for no periods.So the scale

Assembly:1

Face
Perfect. Im not kidding, the hair, eyes, mouth, the stare. He is ready for a battle and with those weapons he can take on anybody.

Face:10

Weapons:
His weapons are huge!! Making this figure very very wide. He comes with two large swords. The weapons are put through his hands and yes sometimes you wonder if it will break his hand, but its very secured. Be careful, do not let any children be around this statue, the blades are pretty sharp and can do some harm!!!

Weapons:10

Overall:
I paid 350 dollars... was it worth it...yes !!! every penny!!!! This is a beautiful sculpted figure who the designers wanted to reward their fans!! Now truth be told i only bought it because i saw advent children!!! First time watching or playing anything Final Fantasy..a Fantastic Film!! Now i must warn you, you will need some major space to put him. He is very wide just because of the swords, so remove all those small statues and get ready for the big guns!! Moral of the story is...., always go with your gut, because if you dont you will wonder... I didnt wonder about this statue and i got it and keeping it!!!! and if your gut is not feeling, maybe hes also giving it a ...... 1. Until next time amigos!!!
Attached Thumbnails
PICT0620.JPG   PICT0621.JPG   PICT0623.JPG   PICT0624.JPG   PICT0625.JPG  

PICT0626.JPG   PICT0627.JPG   PICT0634.JPG   PICT0631.JPG   PICT0632.JPG  

Hellz Manik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 08:05 AM   #2
zune_lai
Doh!

Am a huge FF fan i acutally saw this statue at my local forbidden planet shop for £250 which is quite expensive but it does look very impressive and huge!!!
zune_lai is offline   Reply With Quote