Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > What If?

Old 01-06-2009, 12:39 AM   #1
moon_knight1971
Rescue

How strong is the HULK?

Yak's thread about if the Hulk could get out of an admantium cage with Betty being tortured by the Leader go me thinking,"How strong is the Hulk really?". Going through the posts it seemed the general consensus was that the Hulk could ultimately get free if enraged enough. If that's true then it would be pretty clear to me that we have yet to see the Hulk fully unleashed. Back in the 1st Secret Wars mini the Hulk is bracing a billion ton mountain that was dropped on them by my boy the Molecule Man. If memory serves, he was not even in his "primal" state since he was conversating with the other trapped heroes. Even in books like World War Hulk you never really see a fully enraged Hulk for anything longer than a moment at best. I remember Hulk #300 where he was just a savage, brainless beast and he was ripping through all the heroes but was finally banished to another dimension by Dr. Strange. So my question is how strong do you think the Hulk really is? What are his limits? Could he, say, cause California to sink into the ocean just by punching close to the fault line? Could he pull a planet like the old Superman used to?
moon_knight1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 01:03 AM   #2
Tetragrammaton
The Flash

Why recreate the wheel?

http://www.spinsulin.com/the-incredi...read-t108.html

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f51/t354306.html
Tetragrammaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 01:05 AM   #3
Argonus
Kindly Asked To Leave

He staved off a natural disaster by messing with the alignment of tectonic plates in "Planet Hulk"...

Moving a planet is beyond his ability, I would think.. A feat of his strength causing California to become an island is more "in his ballpark".

Comparing DC heroes to Marvel heroes never makes sense to me.. the two universes are sewn from different cloth.

Now I'm interested in tracking down Hulk #300.. thanks!
Argonus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 12:00 PM   #4
Makkari1
Cyclops

Hulk can be as strong as the editors will let him be. Which to me is silly but I'm not in charage.
Makkari1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 06:30 PM   #5
heirtoasguard
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

my question is if it is said that Hulk was supposed to be stronger than ever how was it that Juggs was able to go toe to toe with a supe up Hulk?? all this
talk about WW Hulk was just for sales. he didn't do anything that he couldn't do before. and the Hulk didn't hold mountain, he braced it. it wasn't over his head which constitues holding. IMO
heirtoasguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 07:36 PM   #6
tekno
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

We're talking about a fictional character, so pretty much as powerful as the writer wants.
tekno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 07:47 PM   #7
MrYac
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by heirtoasguard View Post
my question is if it is said that Hulk was supposed to be stronger than ever how was it that Juggs was able to go toe to toe with a supe up Hulk?? all this
talk about WW Hulk was just for sales. he didn't do anything that he couldn't do before. and the Hulk didn't hold mountain, he braced it. it wasn't over his head which constitues holding. IMO
well he's the Juggernaut, he should be able to go toe to toe with anybody no matter how strong they are
MrYac is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 08:07 PM   #8
heirtoasguard
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

understood, but don't agree. my point is if Hulk at that time was stronger than ever and Juggs was able to go toe to toe with him, shouldn't that mean that Juggs should have been able to beat him before?? that's why I don't buy all that stronger than ever stuff during WWHulk.
heirtoasguard is offline   Reply With Quote