Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Exodiuz's Vids & Video Games

Old 08-15-2007, 03:28 AM   #1
El Diablo
Doom Patrol

Bioshock demo (360) - download it now!

don`t know if you guys have seen it yet but the bioshock demo is available to download nowfrom live
I downloaded it yesterday and man this game is awesome It has one of the best gaming enviroments i`ve seen in a game for a long time, and the atomsphere it creates is just incredible!
The graphics are some of the best i`ve seen on the 360 (which is to be expected as it uses the unreal engine) in fact when you first get control over the character at the beginning of the demo it took me a minute or so to realise as I thought it was still in the cutscene (check out the water effects )
Love the use of the 'plasmids' in the game also it should make for great variety when combining them with the normal weapons (there`s something like 70 plasmids in the final game and the electricity and fire ones are available in the demo) I`ll definately be getting this one when it`s released
El Diablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 06:03 AM   #2
snappahead
Producer
Producer

Man, I need to pick up a 360. So much stuff coming out soon. I'm dying to try the demo for Stranglehold and now Bioshock...sonova... Next month I hope to pick one up. By then, Bioshock and Stranglehold should be out. I've heard a ton of good things about the Bioshock demo.
snappahead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 06:48 AM   #3
Sgt Taz
Doom Patrol

I downloaded it monday. Somehow I expected more of it. It does have that whole setting going on but other than that I found it rather dark and the enemies moved rather slugish. Impacts of gunshots and hits were also rather dated looking. Dunno I guess I'm just summing up the lesser things and it's a good game but I wont be picking it up, not at retail price at least.
Sgt Taz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 08:19 AM   #4
Colossal
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

What do you guys think of it visually, does it compete with Gears?

See, when I play games now, Im trying to think, does it look as good as Gears, is everyone else catching up to that benchmark. But I cant tell, I mean Darkness looked fantastic, so is it more about use of atmosphere and texturing than game programming to get that stunning effect?

At any rate, played a bit of the demo on the day it came out, but havent had much time. Really appealing, and some freaky scares add to the tense atmosphere, wondering whats going to leap out of the darkness. Reminds me of Doom 3 in that respect, only with a lot of cool additions with the use of the Plasmids. I agree though, so far weapons dont really cut it from what Ive seen, I relied more on Plasmids and the trusty wrench to the face for the finale.

Which probably explains why I died a few times on one area then gave up!

Also didnt get into the concept of the puzzles to hack the machines, whats that about?

Other than that, love the water, though not as blown away as I thought, but that might be because Im frantically looking out for attacks as opposed to watching the water pour out of ruptured tanks :-)

Good so far, although Stranglehold still has my heart at the moment. Vampire Rain blows so much it hurts, its like playing an early ps2 concept game.

Also, Game are selling this game with a Big Daddy figurine for anyone thats interested, for an extra £10, but you get the music CD and extra making DVD too I think.
Colossal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 08:50 AM   #5
Sgt Taz
Doom Patrol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colossal View Post
No.
Old 08-15-2007, 08:58 AM   #6
thecallahan
THE HUGGERNAUT!!!

I'm gonna download this sucker when I get home tonight, thanks for the update. This, Mass Effect (saw a new video with gameplay in it ), Halo3 and CoD4 will keep me very happy for a long time to come. I need to beat the latest Zelda fast!
thecallahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 09:39 AM   #7
El Diablo
Doom Patrol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt Taz View Post
No.
really!? I`d say it`s definately up there with gears.
Old 08-15-2007, 09:42 AM   #8
El Diablo
Doom Patrol

Quote:
Originally Posted by snappahead View Post
Man, I need to pick up a 360. So much stuff coming out soon. I'm dying to try the demo for Stranglehold and now Bioshock...sonova... Next month I hope to pick one up. .
forgot to mention the stranglehold demo, seems like an excellent game. I love pulling off all those stylish slo-mo kills
Old 08-15-2007, 09:44 AM   #9
Sgt Taz
Doom Patrol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colossal View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Diablo View Post
really!? I`d say it`s definately up there with gears.
Yeah I should have explained my answer better. Sure it competes with Gears, I guess you could say it's up there somewhere...but still not on the same level. Gears is still the King of graphs wich is pretty impressive considering how long it's been released. In the months to come though there will be some serious competition.
Old 08-15-2007, 09:46 AM   #10
Sgt Taz
Doom Patrol

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Diablo View Post
forgot to mention the stranglehold demo, seems like an excellent game. I love pulling off all those stylish slo-mo kills
Yeah about that...all I kept thinking while playing was "this is cool...but Max Payne was better" (compared each in his own time). Basicaly Stranglehold did less for me than I expected.