Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 04-22-2012, 07:29 PM   #1
lord odin
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Ebay winner didn't pay now bidding on auctio

I had a guy win one of my auctions last sunday for a statue and he hasn't responded to any of my emails to pay.
I have on my auctions payment must be received within 3 days of auction close.
I filed a non payment claim with Ebay on thursday and now I see he's bidding on my current auctions.
And I noticed he's selling the same statue that he won from me.
Should I block him from bidding?
lord odin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 07:38 PM   #2
nexus
Young Justice
Adamantium Plus Member

I would. He may be bidding just so he can give you negative feedback
nexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 07:40 PM   #3
xentric83
Death is hereditary.

I swear majority of the time eBay is a rip off and waste of time. There are alot of people on there who cause so much grief to others....
xentric83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 07:42 PM   #4
lord odin

I just blocked him but he will still be able to contact me if he decides to pay.
Old 04-22-2012, 08:05 PM   #5
uvajosh69
U talkin' to me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by xentric83 View Post
I swear majority of the time eBay is a rip off and waste of time. There are alot of people on there who cause so much grief to others....
On both the buyer and seller side I might add...
uvajosh69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 08:07 PM   #6
jye318
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

I thought u can put him as block list.
jye318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 08:11 PM   #7
xentric83
Death is hereditary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by uvajosh69 View Post
On both the buyer and seller side I might add...
Yes I agree..
xentric83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 08:18 PM   #8
risingstar
Jedi Order

I am amazed at how some of you guys keep stumbling into the same types of problems over and over again.
Here is what you can do to vastly decrease the BS on eBay.

1) Use eBay's fixed priced sales with the buy it now option and click on the immediate payment required feature. That means the person who wants your item has to pay right away or else he can't buy your item. I have been using this for years with zero problems.

2) DO NOT sell your item at the cheapest price out there. You will only attract the cheapest client most likely to screw you over. These bidders tend to have way too much time on their hands. The guy willing to pay more is typically less of a pain.

3) Unless you're desperate for pennies or don't care what you get, DO NOT bother with auction-type sales at all. Again, you will only attract the cheapest client most likely to screw you over. These bidders tend to have way too much time on their hands. They'll actually watch 10 auctions selling the same item. They'll waste days trying to save a couple of bucks on the final cost and shipping. This is the guy who will blast you with a negative because you charged $2 extra on shipping or if the item doesn't arrive within 3 days.

4) Be honest in your description. If there's a scratch, dent, or damage of any kind, say so. Treat the collector the way you wish to be treated yourself. Also, post lots of pics. Don't post stock pics. It comes off really lazy.

5) Don't fill your sales description with personal BS like "I was screwed before by....". It makes sellers look petty and small time. Your description should be about the product, not about sorry experiences. You want people to be thinking about how cool the item is, not how much of a patsy you are.

6) The moment your instinct tells you something about a bidder, consider banning him. For example, I would cancel this guy's bid then ban him.

7) Most importantly, be patient. If you're selling Bowen product, assume you're not the only one trying to dump the stuff. Eventually, the ones going for peanuts will run dry.
risingstar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 08:41 PM   #9
lord odin

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar View Post
I am amazed at how some of you guys keep stumbling into the same types of problems over and over again.
Here is what you can do to vastly decrease the BS on eBay.

1) Use eBay's fixed priced sales with the buy it now option and click on the immediate payment required feature. That means the person who wants your item has to pay right away or else he can't buy your item. I have been using this for years with zero problems.

2) DO NOT sell your item at the cheapest price out there. You will only attract the cheapest client most likely to screw you over. These bidders tend to have way too much time on their hands. The guy willing to pay more is typically less of a pain.

3) Unless you're desperate for pennies or don't care what you get, DO NOT bother with auction-type sales at all. Again, you will only attract the cheapest client most likely to screw you over. These bidders tend to have way too much time on their hands. They'll actually watch 10 auctions selling the same item. They'll waste days trying to save a couple of bucks on the final cost and shipping. This is the guy who will blast you with a negative because you charged $2 extra on shipping.

4) Be honest in your description. If there's a scratch, dent, or damage of any kind, say so. Treat the collector the way you wish to be treated yourself. Also, post lots of pics. Don't post stock pics. It comes off really lazy.

5) Don't fill your sales description with personal BS like "I was screwed before by....". It makes sellers look petty and small time. Your description should be about the product, not about sorry experiences. You want people to be thinking about how cool the item is, not how much of a patsy you are.

6) The moment your instinct tells you something about a bidder, consider banning him. For example, I would cancel this guy's bid then ban him.

7) Most importantly, be patient. If you're selling Bowen product, assume you're not the only one trying to dump the stuff. Eventually, the ones going for peanuts will run dry.
Good advice too bad Russians are hardheaded.
Old 04-22-2012, 09:16 PM   #10
tedmic
What's another word for Thesaurus?

I couldn't have said it better risingstar!
tedmic is offline   Reply With Quote