Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 03-22-2007, 12:10 PM   #1
protector2814
Phoenix

Classic Fantasy Heroes

With the success of ReelArt's Snow Giants, their soon to be released Tarzan, and other Burrough's inspired pieces, the Moore' Kull and Conan statues... do you think a quiet movement is under way? A turn towards the more traditional literary and classic fantasy heroes? Would anyone besides me like to see Elric, Corum, Fafhrd & the Gray Muser, Jon Carter, etc...represented as statues ? I know that many of them have been done as kits but what about as painted statues?
Back in the day, I was reading fantasy Bantam paperbacks right along with my Marvel and DC comics. I loved them (and still do). When push comes to shove I'd actually like to see a classic Elric statue with his Black sword drinking the souls of fallen enemies more than a new bunch of full-size releases of Super-Heroes that have been done before. Any old Fantasy lovers out there?
protector2814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 12:18 PM   #2
Crom
Loki

I would be very tempted if someone were to make Elric statues based on Brom's artwork. Jon Carter of Mars would be a blast, as well.
Crom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 03:49 PM   #3
Babytoxie
Ghost

You bet!

There have been a few nice Elric kits, and a statue or two. Frazetta's Princess of Mars and the Kane paintings would make excellent statues.

Fafhrd and Gray Mouser are favorites of mine, as well as all of Michael Moorc ock's Eternal Champion characters.
Babytoxie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 05:28 PM   #4
protector2814
Phoenix

Moor****'s Eternal Champions would be great in a series - Elric, Corum, Dorian Hawkmoon, Count Brass - all could look great as statues. I wish someone would jump on this, even with small production numbers, say a thou or 1500, they should/would sell. Plus, there were some other cool Conan type heroes back in the 70's; remember Lin Carter's Thongor? Robert Howard's Cormac? I know, I know....wishful thinking.
protector2814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 06:11 PM   #5
Danno
Paint Master
Producer

Many many years ago, Kotobukiya had the Michael Moorc0ck license and they did both kits and statues. Elric (The Albinone) and Corum were done. Beautiful pieces, sculpted by the grandmaster Takeya.

http://www.picturetrail.com/dannodaman
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Danno is offline   Reply With Quote