Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > News and Updates > CKinSD Conventions

Old 07-22-2011, 08:53 PM   #1
CessnaDriver
Suicide Squad

SDCC tickets for 2012..... ????

Soooooo

We went to buy next years tickets at the con, but the line was so stupid Looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong on Thursday it was pointless to try for the measly 3 hours they sold them.

Are we going to be fighting it out on-line for next year again all at the same time???

There has to be better way.

I've missed only one con in 30 years and I think it may be getting to the point where it's just
going to be fate if you get one or not. I only go one day, this is getting nuts.
CessnaDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 11:12 PM   #2
spider-man
Knife to the Eye

Got all four and preview on thurs , got almost all the exclusives on wed. Now it's doing whatever I want
spider-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 12:36 PM   #3
Sith_Prime
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

I was suppose to get up at 5:30am on Thursday morning, but didn't leave the hotel until 6:15am. Fortunately, a friend of mine got in line at that time and saved me about 200 people worth of spaces in line.

This was the line at 7:11am. You can see how it stretches and curves to the right. We're in the middle of the line for SDCC 2012 registration.

Once we got into the hotel, we were given two temp tickets to register.

This is a pic inside the registration room. They closed off the line about 8:30am.

We heard there an alotted amount of preview night passes each day of pre-registration. I estimate there were about 1500 people in line ahead of us, and everyone was purchase 4-day passes with preview night. When my friend and I finished with our pre-registration preview night was about 90% sold out.

When exiting the the pre-registration room, I could hear all the people upset and frustated they could not get into the hall. One lady was crying. I talked to a few other people that waited in line this morning, and they said some people were so upset that preview night was sold out that they plan to camp out in line at that moment.

I heard the first person in line got there at 2am.
Sith_Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 08:59 PM   #4
spider-man
Knife to the Eye

The hotel wasn't letting people stay overnight and I don't blame them , could you imagine the hassle for the guests there? I got lucky I guess, they made it really hard on people.
spider-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 09:20 PM   #5
joefixit2
Baron Zemo

that is craaaaaaaaazy.
joefixit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 09:36 PM   #6
WarMachine714
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.

WOW
WarMachine714 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 10:37 PM   #7
CessnaDriver
Suicide Squad

I wish they would just offer the tickets online basically unannounced like they used to do.
Amazingly that worked pretty well. So of course they had to screw it up.

Now they have created total panic with one botched announced date after another.

Most left pounding refresh for hours on-line with fingers crossed.

Well, "Twilight" is done right? Maybe that will help.
CessnaDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 10:48 PM   #8
marvelboi77
Spider-Woman #1 Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sith_Prime View Post
I was suppose to get up at 5:30am on Thursday morning, but didn't leave the hotel until 6:15am. Fortunately, a friend of mine got in line at that time and saved me about 200 people worth of spaces in line.

This was the line at 7:11am. You can see how it stretches and curves to the right. We're in the middle of the line for SDCC 2012 registration.

Once we got into the hotel, we were given two temp tickets to register.

This is a pic inside the registration room. They closed off the line about 8:30am.

When exiting the the pre-registration room, I could hear all the people upset and frustated they could not get into the hall. One lady was crying. I talked to a few other people that waited in line this morning, and they said some people were so upset that preview night was sold out that they plan to camp out in line at that moment.

I heard the first person in line got there at 2am.
You heard wrong... The first person in line got there at 2PM on Weds.... I got there at 3:50AM on Thurs and I was about 100 back when I got there but when it was time to go in I was about 300 back once everyone who was saving a spot had their friends show up.

People showed up a lot earlier on Friday. I just hate that half a day is blown trying to get a ticket.
marvelboi77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 11:26 PM   #9
Tony Coca
Teflon Don

I hope NYCC never gets as ridiculous as this.
Tony Coca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 11:27 PM   #10
bebohawk
What's another word for Thesaurus?

whoa wait i cant buy tickets online?????
bebohawk is offline   Reply With Quote