YES 16 40.00%
NO 4 10.00%
Some of it 20 50.00%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-27-2005, 07:16 PM   #1
Mad4Busts
Husband-Father-Collector

Astonishing Xmen line from DST Poll!

Am I the only one really happy with this line right now...it is easily moving the charts as my favorite pieces...all 6(7 counting the Wolvie) I have seen are just great..are you happy with the line?
Mad4Busts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2005, 07:18 PM   #2
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Right now the only one I'm considering getting is Emma Frost.
Old 08-27-2005, 07:18 PM   #3
Mad4Busts
Husband-Father-Collector

Here are the rest...
Mad4Busts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2005, 08:29 PM   #4
nexus
Young Justice
Adamantium Plus Member

I think the sculpts look fantastic (although I hate the new Beast design, and I'm really not a fan of Cyclops' full cowl costume). I like that they're showing them all as a team so people can see that they're all coming, even if it takes 6 months to a year for them all to come out. After seeing those, I bought the chrome Colossus off ebay. I also like that they are doing the entire core team. DST really went up a couple of notches in my book. I really, really hope they continue this trend with other teams (see other discussion thread)
http://statueforum.com/showthread.php?t=14657
nexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2005, 08:42 PM   #5
Ghost
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

I'd prolly just get Wolverine, Colossus (if I can nab a chrome one), White Queen though that hand is distracting, and maybe Cyclops.
Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2005, 10:28 PM   #6
Primal
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost
I'd prolly just get Wolverine, Colossus (if I can nab a chrome one), White Queen though that hand is distracting, and maybe Cyclops.
It might not be as distracting...but gimme a woman with a smooth flat belly instead of the 6-pack anyday!
Primal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2005, 11:07 PM   #7
Wayne Foundation
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

I appeciate this line, but I do not care for most of the pieces. This is only because I prefer the classic costumes that I grew up with...but these pieces appear to be accurate of the look they are going for.

I've always been pleased with DST (Marvel Milestones statues and Marvel Universe/Rogues Gallery busts) and I'm glad to see more forum members agreeing with me.
Wayne Foundation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2005, 11:46 PM   #8
MiamiLoco
BD is the best (and I'm not talkin' about Bowen Designs)!!!

First, since only ONE of these busts have been released, I don't think it's fair to start judging the whole line by the picture that we've seen. One huge mistake though is not getting just ONE sculpture to do the whole line. Rocco did a great job on Colossus, they should of kept him for the whole line. That way, all the characters would of probably been consistant. If you want to judge by pictures, I would say that the weakest ones out of all of them are Kitty Pride and Beast. It irks me that they did that major change to the base on White Queen. Why would DST wait that long to change the base??!!! I PM someone from DST and I never got a reponse. It's too bad that their customer service isn't as great as other companies.
MiamiLoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2005, 01:15 AM   #9
bat_collector
Galactus

I'm getting the whole line
bat_collector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2005, 01:15 AM   #10
cyberpunk12
Shadowhawk

Thumbs up

I really, really like what I'm seeing with this line. I went back and chased down Rocco's Colossus (I would have enjoyed seeing what he would have done with the rest of the team) and plan to pick up the others as they're released.

However, I wasn't sold until I saw the pics from San Diego... seeing those last pieces and knowing they're going to finish out the team sealed the deal. The Astonishing title brought me back to the X-Men and is the best X-Book in many years, as far as I'm concerned. I'm going to pay tribute by having these busts in my collection.
cyberpunk12 is offline   Reply With Quote