Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 10-02-2014, 05:27 AM   #1
metroid
Kindly Asked To Leave

I Am Legend Reboot

A reboot of ‘I Am Legend’ – without Will Smith’s involvement – is in development from Warner Bros.

According to Deadline, Warner Bros. is “retrofitting” a script from unknown writer Gary Graham titled A Garden at the End of the World – which was originally intended to be a science fiction take on the John Wayne film The Searchers – to kick-start their new I Am Legend franchise. Interestingly, Graham wrote the script while he was working at an Apple store and submitted it to the Black List, where it was noticed by the CAA.
metroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 06:19 AM   #2
ZenLogikos
Black Panther
Adamantium Member

I Am Legend and Shadow of the Colossus are two of my favorite things in the world, but the adaptations are likely to be so far removed from the original that they might as well be named something else.

Both projects should be much closer to Castaway than they likely are, but studios can't seem to bother with prolonged periods of silence.
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 06:30 AM   #3
metroid
Kindly Asked To Leave

Will Smith's version was pretty silent in the first half.
Old 10-02-2014, 06:44 AM   #4
DarkKni9hT
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

I always find it interesting that whenever "I Am Legend" is mentioned, the 70s Charlton Heston flick "The Omega Man" (of which I Am Legend is clearly a derivative) never comes up. The stories are nearly identical.

I'd not heard the John Wayne connection, so there's another layer. SO really, they're rebooting a reboot of a remake of an adaptation of an altered script. Awesome.
DarkKni9hT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 12:35 PM   #5
MrYac
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkKni9hT View Post
I always find it interesting that whenever "I Am Legend" is mentioned, the 70s Charlton Heston flick "The Omega Man" (of which I Am Legend is clearly a derivative) never comes up. The stories are nearly identical.
Omega was a remake of the original movie which was based on the story, I thought that was fairly common knowledge. anyway I liked the Smith version up until the end
MrYac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 12:43 PM   #6
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

I didn't realize that this property had enough of a following to continually pursue development of a franchise. I though the film was entertaining, but forgettable. It was one of the origins for Batman v Superman though lol
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 01:02 PM   #7
metroid
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrYac View Post
Omega was a remake of the original movie which was based on the story, I thought that was fairly common knowledge. anyway I liked the Smith version up until the end
There is an alternative ending in case you don't know.
Old 10-02-2014, 01:04 PM   #8
VaultMan
Advanced Tweet Mechanic
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkKni9hT View Post

I'd not heard the John Wayne connection, so there's another layer. SO really, they're rebooting a reboot of a remake of an adaptation of an altered script. Awesome.
VaultMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 01:06 PM   #9
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

I enjoyed the Will Smith movie but not sure I'm interested in a rebooth. I'd rather see a follow up to World War Z.
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 06:15 PM   #10
ZenLogikos
Black Panther
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrYac View Post
To further clarify for anyone unaware, Richard Matheson wrote "I am Legend", which was adapted into "The Last Man on Earth" with Vincent Price in 1964, then "The Omega Man" with Charlton Heston in 1971, then the Will Smith film.

Quote:
Originally Posted by metroid View Post
Will Smith's version was pretty silent in the first half.
It was closer to the source than the first two attempts, but still fell short for me. I like it well enough, but if they're doing yet another version, I'd like to see a very faithful retelling.
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote