Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comics

Old 12-08-2005, 08:27 PM   #1
furie
The X-Men

Marvel Zombies?

I saw this but didn't purchase it. What's the story behind it? Worth getting? Anyone?
furie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2005, 08:32 PM   #2
bane
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Saw it too but also passed , seems like a weird idea to me.
bane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2005, 08:32 PM   #3
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

furie, it's gotten some pretty good press. I didn't pick it up, though. Here's one review, and I believe b_c reviewed it in his thread:

http://www.thefourthrail.com/reviews...zombies1.shtml
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2005, 08:41 PM   #4
Captain Late
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

It's a bizarre idea... And why are they all talking? And at what point does the person the zombie eating say "you can stop now, I'm a zombie too..."
Captain Late is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2005, 09:04 PM   #5
bat_collector
Galactus

I did in fact review it. If you like marvel heros and love zombies (and who doesn't?) pick it up. Read my review

http://www.statueforum.com/showthread.php?t=19763
bat_collector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2005, 09:22 PM   #6
MiamiLoco
BD is the best (and I'm not talkin' about Bowen Designs)!!!

Yeah, the whole they are talking (mind you, some of them are missing part of their brains) kinda seemed stupid. But yet again, it's hard to have a book FULL of zombies just going "URRGG BRAINS!!" hahaha
MiamiLoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2005, 11:18 PM   #7
ALDISISMO!
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

If you read Ultimate FF: Crossover you'll like it.
ALDISISMO! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2005, 11:28 PM   #8
rychehitman
Galactus

Its a good read and good concept.

A little background.....all the heroes of an alternative world full of all the same heroes was infected with a disease that turned the superhumans into flesh eating zombies...within days heroes were all that was left.

last hero standing was Magneto, who was helping a handful of humans survive in the subway system.

with no food supply left, the zombie Reed Richards of the FF rerached out to other worlds and dimensions and struck up a relationship with the Ultimate Universe Reed Richards, who eventually transported himself to his new friends world, only to find out about the whole zombie angle.

He and Magneto temed up to save the remaining humans by sending them all home w/Reed to the Ultimate FF world...the zombie FF followed and are currently in captivity in the baxter building.

Magneto stayed behind to destroy the machines so the other zombie heroes couldn't follow the zombie FF.

This series picks up from that moment....Magneto successfully destroyed the transporter stopping the zombies from leaving zombie earth, then turns to confront the horde of the undead....

One *spoilerish* type piece of information that is a nice twist...the zobies are well aware of what happened to them, and some cannot stand the thought..they are clear minded and know what they did is really bad in the moments after they feed...once the hunger returns, they lose their reasoning and revert back to hunting for food ( anything living except other zombies!)

Its a good read...good art....#1 left off with a nice premise...

Well worth it, IMO!
rychehitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2005, 11:34 PM   #9
Captain Late
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

The zombie genre has become quite complex and it STILL all goes back to Mr Romero...
I still don't understand why they would eat anything but ooh well....
Didn't Tommy from the old forum have a thing about zombies? Something about "never live on the first floor of a building, never live near a cemetery..." I swear that guy probably had a "go" bag for when they showed up...
Captain Late is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2005, 12:28 AM   #10
Roguewarrior
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

I loved the Marvel Zombies. A little off beat from your usual Marvel comic. But I thought that there were some funny moments.
Roguewarrior is offline   Reply With Quote