Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Diamond Select

Old 06-09-2006, 06:10 PM   #1
massf
Madness takes its toll. Please have exact change

Question Anyone want a free Green Goblin DST Statue?

I have one that was sent to me and is damaged. Gobby is detached from his glider (the glider, smoke trail, and base and all intact and undamaged). Gobbys left foot is broken in multiple places, the ankle is broken (the internal wire is holding it in place). I seem to have all the loose pieces (about 12 of them) so if anyone is feeling adventurous and wants to glue it back together (I've started on the foot but that piece can be removed and reglued if desired) then please drop me a pm and as long as you pick up the shipping costs I'll send it your way.

Obviously I may get a few pm's so this is on a first come first served basis. I'll pm anyone back that wasn't successul and update this thread.

I didn't post this in B/S/T because strictly speaking I'm not selling it, I'm giving it away.

I'm off to bed now (it's 11pm here in London) so I'll reply to any messages in the morning.

Thanks
massf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 06:15 PM   #2
Car50n
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

i'll take it
Car50n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 06:18 PM   #3
Collection King 13
You Should Punch Your Face in the Face!!!
Adamantium Plus Member

Ummmm... he said pm...

"Grailability" -One collectibles potential on becoming a Grail Piece. Pronunciation [greyl-uh-bil-i-tee]
"Flipphobia" -One collectors morbid fear of flippers. Pronunciation [flip-foh-bee-uh]
"Flipollector" -One Who Flips with the intent of purchasing something else for their collection. Pronunciation [flip-uh-lek-ter]
http://statueforum.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=75&dateline=1236098318
Collection King 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 01:20 AM   #4
massf

The statue's now been allocated to someone. Thanks for the interest and apologies to everyone that didn't get it.
Old 06-10-2006, 01:21 AM   #5
Tetragrammaton
The Flash

Sounds a lot like my first Green Goblin.

Tetragrammaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 01:31 AM   #6
cblakey1
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetragrammaton

Damn Tet... that's just messed up.

Are you sure you just didn't drop him on that marble counter as you were unpacking him?

Wonder what it is with Green Goblin statues? A few years back I bought a FS Spider-Man movie Goblin from a dude on ebaY and he was pretty smashed up when he arrived.
cblakey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 01:39 AM   #7
massf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetragrammaton

wow!! that's even more messed up than mine!!! I wish they would pack them a little better really, the left leg always seems to break anyway, but I'm surprised that the right leg and glider were also damaged. Yours must have taken a pretty good beating!
Old 06-10-2006, 08:04 AM   #8
Haste05
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

My Green Goblin arrived fine, and its one of my favorites. But a lot of people have had problems with these.
Haste05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2006, 04:54 PM   #9
Zoyvod
Death is hereditary.

It is a shame that they are destroyed like that during shipping. I had a "Demon Dog" turn into dust thanks to UPS (It was even shipped next day air $100), and it is a hoot to try to get the insurance claim processed. It seems as statues are becoming more intricate the packing materials used can not withstand the smash and bash UPS can bring down on them. I am waiting to hear how that Superman Returns Daily Planet statue makes its way to collector’s homes.
Zoyvod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 09:15 AM   #10
massf

It's back up for grabs....

o.k. folks so here's the latest on this....

offered this up for grabs recently as long as buyer paid all the shipping costs; as you can read from previous posts this is damaged and I've got another. Anyway, someone came forward and asked for it and gave me their e-mail address. I mailed them asking what they wanted to do and they never came back to me.

Basically it's now back up for grabs again on a "first come first served" basis.

Just pm me and it's yours...that simple (just don't expect me to mail it out to you tomorrow!!)

Please don't say you want it and then not bother getting in contact with me as it's pretty frustrating.

All it'll cost you is shipping and the only way I can find that out is to take it to the post office and tell you what they tell me....no extra costs (won't even charge ya for eating up the rubber on the soles of my shoes! )