Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Exodiuz's Vids & Video Games

Old 10-08-2010, 01:10 AM   #1
Ryu
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Xbox Silm

Hey guys, I've been debating whether or not I should get one of these because of the known R.R.O.D. problem, but with the newer model out, I've heard that M.S. has tried to addressed the problem. I was wondering if anyone knows or has had any issues with the slim?

Thanks.
Ryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 01:49 AM   #2
KaraFan
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

I have the new Xbox and haven't had a problem with it yet.
KaraFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 03:13 AM   #3
Dan_Lebou
Statue Forum MacDaddy

I think that it's a bit early to say but I think that the extra ventilation that is part of the reason that it is a lot quieter also helps address the issue of overheating which is what caused the RROD issues in the original machine.
Dan_Lebou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 06:49 AM   #4
bruhaha69
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

My slim is actually fairly loud. The DVD drive causes some vibrations in the case that make it sound pretty bad. I've also had several complete lockups, but I had those with my original launch model, too. Too early to say if the RROD problem is resolved.
bruhaha69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 04:41 PM   #5
Frankierock
Inhumans

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruhaha69 View Post
My slim is actually fairly loud. The DVD drive causes some vibrations in the case that make it sound pretty bad. I've also had several complete lockups, but I had those with my original launch model, too. Too early to say if the RROD problem is resolved.
I have the Slim and so does my brother, I think you may have something loose somewhere, you may want to contact MS about it , because Both our systems are very very quiet. Barely even know its on.

Now as far as the original question...The RROD is now where as bad as it was...They tried to fix it with the the Slim which has a new Chip, new motherboard and a better Vent system. This is the best time to get an Xbox, plus it is now Wifi.
Frankierock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 08:34 PM   #6
bruhaha69
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankierock View Post
I have the Slim and so does my brother, I think you may have something loose somewhere, you may want to contact MS about it , because Both our systems are very very quiet. Barely even know its on.

Now as far as the original question...The RROD is now where as bad as it was...They tried to fix it with the the Slim which has a new Chip, new motherboard and a better Vent system. This is the best time to get an Xbox, plus it is now Wifi.
Yeah, I called them on it. Pretty funny, actually. They had me lay it down in the horizontal position. They ask how it sounded so I told them better. Then he immediately asks me if there's anything else he can do for me. Sure, you can help me get this issue fixed since vertical standing is supposed to work without issue, haha.

Long story short, I was able to get the loud vibrating sound by lightly touching the case. I have a ticket open, I've just been too lazy and busy to get it back in to them.
bruhaha69 is offline   Reply With Quote