Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > General Discussion

Old 10-08-2008, 09:26 AM   #1
Leon
WHITE & NERDY

My pre-order arrives after 2 years (Comic-statues)

Yesterday I finally got my busts I ordered from Comicstatues.com 2 years ago.
Let's start at the very beginning (can you hear Julie Andrews singing?).
I've been a loyal Bowen-bust collector for years. I always bought them through my lcs, because I didn't know any better.
But slowly I figured out that not everyone sells their busts for 4 times their value (I'm from Holland okay, so sue me)....so I turned to the internet.
Coming from the Bowen-forum I was here from the beginning and I heard a lot of great things about Danny's Comicstatues.com.
So I ordered a few busts and they arrived after a few weeks, as it should, nothing wrong. Great service.

Then I became a father and with not that much money I decided to quit with collecting busts.
But before I quit I wanted 4 more busts, among them the Bowen Destroyer bust.
2 busts were in stock, the other 2 (including the Destroyer) were pre-orders.
At the time I actually had some communication with Danny and we decided to wait for the last of the pre-orders to arrive and ship them all together.
So I waited.
Then I saw a thread in the Bowen section of the forum from people showing their new Destroyer bust they bought from comicstatues.
So they were finally all in, I could expect my busts shortly right?
I tried to mail and PM Danny about my order. Sometimes I got a response, but many times not.
I think I've PM'd Galactus more then them, because he always got back to me the same day. This guy's a class act, I tell you.

Through Galactus I was told that they would ship it next week. They told this several times.
Then Comicstatues were moving out of state, and they couldn't find all of my boxes. I had to wait till they had moved. Okay, so I waited.
Then it was convention season and they were busy going from con to con. So I still waited.

After a year I read somewhere on the forum that I'd better PM Bender if I had a problem with Comicstatues.com, so I did. And it was shipping next week...
After waiting for a few weeks (or was it months?) I tried to PM Bender. After finally getting a hold of her, I wanted to know what the problem was.
The problem was that the Destroyer bust was missing from their warehouse.
Should I wait till they could find another Destroyer bust for me or just ship the other 3 busts? I wanted that bust real bad so I told them to try and find it.
Convention season was coming up and they would look out for the bust when going to cons, I told them I'd wait another few months, but unfortunately no luck.

After this the other busts could be shipped and I decided I wanted 2 more busts to fill the gap of the Destroyer.
Bender gave me a good deal on this I'm glad to say. And they were shipping it next week.
After more than a month I got worried again, I still had no busts and tried to pm Bender, but no luck.
So back to Galactus again.... He got in touch with Danny and he promised he did ship my busts.
And finally, FINALLY, I got them!

In these 2 years I became father twice and collecting busts was not really a priority anymore.
But it was still very frustrating not knowing when they would ship.
And it wasn't even the waiting that was the worst part. It was the lack of communication.
Danny and Carolina are great guys and I am thankfull for the forum he gave us for free.
I wish them all the best with Comicstatues.com but they seriously have to do something about responding to mails and PM's.
This is the part I'm really angry about. Getting to know more from a moderator then from them says enough.

I think I've shown a lot of patience where many people would have taken other steps to get their stuff.
Like I said, I like this place a lot, but I really wanted to get this off my chest.

Léon out.

Leon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 03:00 AM   #2
HoldyourfireAl
Kindly Asked To Leave

Great picture!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
HoldyourfireAl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 03:23 AM   #3
Wesley Pierce
Madness takes its toll. Please have exact change

One thing I can say about this site is that a lot of things go screwy from time to time. A lot of people making deals here and there, some even buying from comicstatues.com and having difficulty on occasion.

As a partner in a small business I know how rough things can get from time time, whether it's a shipping snafu, economic drains, or just plain old "silly" slips that somehow find a way out into the light of day from time to time.

Things happen.

I know getting in touch with some of the guys can be difficult. Half the time it's the stamp response. In this case "it will ship next week".

Even this is still okay as long as it turned out right in the end. Problems come up and these small-time guys do have their "bumps" but they do the best they can, even in busy times like Con Season. When all else fails who do we all turn to?

Galactus.

Drew is the man on the inside, the little web whisperer that somehow manages to smooth everything over and make things right.

If nothing else, the fact that everything did finally get made right in the end is a testament to Drew and the gang.

I know a lot of "businesses" & individuals who would have said after this amount of time, "Sorry, we just found the bust but the value has increased dramatically and we will require a further deposit of ..." I've seen it happen, it's happened to me.

Not on this site though.

I love it, love the guys, and really wish things (economically, at least) were good enough that I actually could buy nearly one of everything I see. As it stands I'll settle for the camaraderie of kindred spirits I have found here.
Wesley Pierce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 08:59 AM   #4
Leon
WHITE & NERDY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley Pierce View Post
I know a lot of "businesses" & individuals who would have said after this amount of time, "Sorry, we just found the bust but the value has increased dramatically and we will require a further deposit of ..." I've seen it happen, it's happened to me.
Well, that's why it's a shame the Destroyer bust was the one who got lost. Of all the busts I ordered this one increased most in value.
I could've said; hey I ordered this bust so you get it for me even if you pay 3 times what I paid you, but I can understand why they didn't.
Leon is offline   Reply With Quote