Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

View Poll Results: Which Company Does the BEST Marvel Statues?
Sideshow 59 45.04%
Bowen Designs 60 45.80%
Hard Hero 4 3.05%
Other 8 6.11%
Voters: 131. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-21-2008, 03:14 AM   #1
HoldyourfireAl
Kindly Asked To Leave

Of Which Company are You More of a Fan & WHY?

When it comes to Marvel Comics statues, 3 companies have represented more than any others. In the spirit of this thread....

http://www.statueforum.com/showthread.php?t=82013

I present to fans of Sideshow, Bowen, and Hard Hero a poll.

HoldyourfireAl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 03:15 AM   #2
boondocksaint
Painter / Troublemaker
Producer

sideshow bowen then hh....thats my order,,, love ss and bowen...hh takes a back seat to them IMO
boondocksaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 03:16 AM   #3
HoldyourfireAl
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by boondocksaint View Post
sideshow bowen then hh....thats my order,,, love ss and bowen...hh takes a back seat to them IMO
Make sure you vote!
Old 12-21-2008, 03:16 AM   #4
boondocksaint
Painter / Troublemaker
Producer

already did
boondocksaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 03:18 AM   #5
HoldyourfireAl
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by boondocksaint View Post
already did
OK...thanks to Boonie & Moi, we are dead even! Time to vote folks. This thread will prove VERY interesting!
Old 12-21-2008, 03:44 AM   #6
rilynil
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

This is TOUGH! I love both Bowen and Sideshow but for different reasons. I own more Bowen pieces because of the quality of work, the wide range of characters and the fact Bowen pieces are less expensive. But I also love Sideshow because I love the quality of work and size of their pieces. My Doom PF, my trio of X-Men vs. Sentinel dios and my Hulk vs. Spider-Man dio are treasures to me.

Hmmmm. After much consideration I would have to answer the question in this fashion: I must give the slightest of edges to Sideshow because my Doom PF exclusive is the best company-made statue I own, with the first Sentinel vs. X-Men exclusive dio not far behind. But that's not to say I don't have much love for my Bowen Phasing Vision, Colossus, Mysterio and Man-Thing (with Simon Garth soon to come). I just have to say that the masterpiece that is the Doom PF forces me to give a slight edge to Sideshow.

But I'm going to add that I have a bunch of Diamond Select and Dynamic Forces statues that are great, too. Unfortunately, Hard Hero lost their license before they released their Vision statue.
rilynil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 04:03 AM   #7
HoldyourfireAl
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by rilynil View Post
This is TOUGH! I love both Bowen and Sideshow but for different reasons. I own more Bowen pieces because of the quality of work, the wide range of characters and the fact Bowen pieces are less expensive. But I also love Sideshow because I love the quality of work and size of their pieces. My Doom PF, my trio of X-Men vs. Sentinel dios and my Hulk vs. Spider-Man dio are treasures to me.

Hmmmm. After much consideration I would have to answer the question in this fashion: I must give the slightest of edges to Sideshow because my Doom PF exclusive is the best company-made statue I own, with the first Sentinel vs. X-Men exclusive dio not far behind. But that's not to say I don't have much love for my Bowen Phasing Vision, Colossus, Mysterio and Man-Thing (with Simon Garth soon to come). I just have to say that the masterpiece that is the Doom PF forces me to give a slight edge to Sideshow.

But I'm going to add that I have a bunch of Diamond Select and Dynamic Forces statues that are great, too. Unfortunately, Hard Hero lost their license before they released their Vision statue.

It's ashame, because Hard Hero was just hitting their stride with their 2 Iron Men & 2 Daredevils. I was really looking forward to the sneaked Captain Marvel!
Old 12-21-2008, 04:04 AM   #8
galactus
Cosmic Art Collector
Adamantium Plus Member

I gave the edge to Sideshow, just because I think when they get it right, they totally knock it out of the park. Their Wolverine, Hulk, Cap, Iron Man and Thor are just completely insane.

I also feel that the sculptors and art directors at Sideshow honestly try to do the best job they can.
galactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 04:06 AM   #9
Mr.Fantastic
Kindly Asked To Leave

I agree with what Galactus said.I may have more Bowen pieces then SS pieces,but the SS pieces that I do have are so well done that I had to vote there way.
Mr.Fantastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 04:07 AM   #10
armitage
Kindly Asked To Leave

Since 90% of my stuff is Bowen, I gotta say Randy's been a steady rep of what I like in statues/busts.
I've seen individual pieces from other companies but BD stands out as collectively maintaining what I'm looking for in scale, variety, quality and price.
armitage is offline   Reply With Quote