Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Community Corner > Aussies

Old 03-31-2009, 04:47 AM   #1
sylvan
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Sydney And melb statue shops

Well all you sydney and melbourne people, do a west coast eagles fan a favour.
I am going to both syd and melbourne soon and i want to know the best place to purchase some marvel statues in those places.
I have been to alternate worlds in melb so i know about that one. Any suggestions would be appreciated .
sylvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 05:05 AM   #2
Rocket
Art of Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by sylvan View Post
Well all you sydney and melbourne people, do a west coast eagles fan a favour.
I am going to both syd and melbourne soon and i want to know the best place to purchase some marvel statues in those places.
I have been to alternate worlds in melb so i know about that one. Any suggestions would be appreciated .
In Melbourne mate, I can tell you there are at least three Alternate Worlds that I know of, one in Windsor in Chapel Street, one in Malvern, and one somewhere else which escapes me right now. There is also Minotaur on Elizabeth St in the city, although they are disgustingly overpriced. There is also three Comics R Us stores, one in the city on Bourke Street that has a ton of statues, one in Windsor on Chapel Street, and one in Hawthorn. Then there is the two that sit a notch above the rest in terms of price and service, Classic Comics, at the top of Bourke St, and my local shop and personal favorite, Collector's Edge in Moonee Ponds, on Everage Street.

You will find about 30 different statues at Collectors Edge, and probably 15-20 at Classic.

Then there is Jokers Wild in Bendigo if you really want to travel....hahaha

In regards to Sydney, I know of King's Comics, but again, the prices are laughable.....
Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 05:07 AM   #3
Rocket
Art of Mod

I'm looking at a free trip to Perth in September myself mate, what comic\collectable stores do you have there?
Old 03-31-2009, 06:15 AM   #4
sylvan
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

I have only got about 3 statues from shops in perth.
They are all in hay street (mall) All within walking distance of each other. I mainly get them from ebay.
They dont have many marvel statues but if you are a star wars fan they have a bit of that.
Quality Comics,(1 minute walk from empire toys) comiczone, (572 hay street) empire toys (856 hay street)
These are the only ones that i know, there could be more, if you want any more information just message me
sylvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 06:34 AM   #5
Rocket
Art of Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by sylvan View Post
I have only got about 3 statues from shops in perth.
They are all in hay street (mall) All within walking distance of each other. I mainly get them from ebay.
They dont have many marvel statues but if you are a star wars fan they have a bit of that.
Quality Comics,(1 minute walk from empire toys) comiczone, (572 hay street) empire toys (856 hay street)
These are the only ones that i know, there could be more, if you want any more information just message me
Cheers mate! Hope the info I gave you helps, and the same goes, if you need anything more specific, just shoot me a PM
Old 03-31-2009, 06:38 AM   #6
AsOneDead
You got red on you

Kings comics is the only I know of in Sydney. We need some more comic/statue stores here. I wish I could see some of the Sideshow statues in person instead of just having to buy them straight up.

There's one in Geelong by the name of Pop Cultcha. I've ordered from them online a couple times, they're good.

http://www.popcultcha.com.au/
AsOneDead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 06:42 AM   #7
fred flintstone
Jedi Order

PM rocket or i if youre looking for anything in particular now or in the future and we'll look out for it
in terms of future releases - classic comics is the cheapest with collectors edge a close second
fred flintstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 03:51 PM   #8
Rocket
Art of Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsOneDead View Post
Kings comics is the only I know of in Sydney. We need some more comic/statue stores here. I wish I could see some of the Sideshow statues in person instead of just having to buy them straight up.

There's one in Geelong by the name of Pop Cultcha. I've ordered from them online a couple times, they're good.

http://www.popcultcha.com.au/
I've been to a warehouse sale at popcultcha in Geelong, but they only sell direct to the public from the warehouse on two weekends a year, and it's only discontinued and damaged stock. Other that that you have to order online.
Old 07-02-2009, 09:08 AM   #9
halfthai
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

I'm from Sydney and sadly I buy all my statues online.

The best range in Sydney for statues is The Comic Shop in Liverpool (http://www.thecomicshop.net/) but the prices aren't great. I'd even say they're terrible.

Kings Comics in the city, has a good range (but not much of the older stuff) and their prices are pretty bad as well.

Books Kinokuniya is in the city and has a pretty ordinary selection of statues, but better prices and they have a membership where you can get a 10% discount. (Also, they have a great deal this July where if you spend $100 in one day, you can show your receipt at the info counter for a $30 voucher.) Hell, I just buy all my trades there 'cause the prices are great.

This probably wasn't any help come to think about it.
halfthai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 09:24 AM   #10
jansen
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

In the City (Sydney)
Kinokunia has a few
Kings comics, if you want to pay Top Dollar
and Hobby Co. sometimes have the odd couple

Liverpool there is Phantom zone and as halfthai suggested... the comic book shop

I too buy my stuff online
jansen is offline   Reply With Quote