Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Hot Toys

Old 02-28-2012, 12:36 AM   #1
dfchang
The Riddler

Hot Toys Hand Pegs

Okay, 2 questions:

1. How do you get these DAMN pegs out without almost snapping them every time? they are in the hands SOOOOO FREAKING TIGHT!! I have NEVER ben able to get them out with just my fingers. What I do is get a small wrench and then exert force straight out and it pops out. Somehow, I don't think this is the best way to do that.

Are you supposed to use a hair dryer again or what?

2. In case you eventually DO break them and this seems inevitable at times . . . are most of these connectors the same? I'm not talking about the hands or the wrists but the actual PEG joint itself. You know the one with the ball at one end and the long screwy rod at the other connected by a joint.

Are these like standard Hot Toys pegs that can be used interchangeably with any of their figures. So I can use like the Joker DX one for a Godfather or go on Ebay and buy a few if I need them or use the extras from one figure on another, etc?

Thanks.

Dennis
dfchang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 01:29 AM   #2
joy_division
My baby calls me the Loch Ness Monster, two great big humps and then I'm gone

try hot water. pour water from a kettle over them

Hairdryers supposed to be the best thing.

And yes, they are all the same. You normally get spares with any HT figure now
joy_division is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 12:39 AM   #3
dfchang
The Riddler

Thanks man.

It is just such a royal pain in the ass because after all, changing hands happens a lot when you are playing around with poses.

I swear "playing" with Hot Toys is worse than performing brain surgery. You need a hair-dryer, magnifying glasses, jeweler's forceps, micro-scissors . . .
Old 02-29-2012, 01:02 AM   #4
joy_division

I don't know what hot water does TBH but that's what everyone says.

I bought the original release of the 18 Alien by NECA and it was IMPOSSIBLE to put the legs on. Tried leaving them in water just boiled in a kettle. Didn't make a difference. I actually snapped one of the feet off cos I was pushing down so hard. They later released an easier version.

Just tried to put the crystals in the superman base by running boiling water over the insertion peg cos they are loose as f*ck, doestn't help!
Old 02-29-2012, 02:06 AM   #5
dfchang
The Riddler

Yeah, man, those crystals are completed f'ed up. You are looking at them and thinking WTF were they doing when they molded these things??

I used hair dryer for a while and it softened them up enough to SORTA sink in but still loose.

Luckily I don't play with my Hot Toys that much, I usually put them in "museum" poses and leave them on my shelf. I mainly buy them because of fantastic human likenesses.

But come on, trying to put the grenades on DX01 or all the little things with Jack Sparrow DX is crazy. I used surgical forceps to do it, I don't know how else you could do it with some of those accessories . . .
Old 02-29-2012, 02:11 AM   #6
joy_division

I doubt I will use the base anywat cos it takes too much room up.

Been so long since I set my DX up. It's back in the box, but I remember it was a pain in the arse!

Keeping the razor I Sweeney Todd's hand is a major pain!!!