Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Home Grown > Sculptor's Pit Stop

Old 10-28-2012, 11:18 AM   #1
BillT
Doh!

New guy with questions on copyright

Hi All

I've been sculpting for some years now, but in a lot smaller scales than on here. Mainly 28mm figurines for gamers like this Saxon King

I've decided I need a change since moving from the UK to the US so I'm going to have a go at sculpting action and collectibles and see how that goes.

I wonder if anyone can give me some idea of how I stand with copyrights over here. I'd like to make some super hero busts but can I assume I couldn't manufacture and sell them myself? I was told there is some wiggle room in this but I'd like to get some feed back from people more in the know about this sort of thing.

The work shown on this forum is truly inspiring and I hope to learn lots from you all in the coming months.

Cheers

Bill
BillT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 08:14 AM   #2
Alaneye
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Nah, there's no wriggle room. The owners of copyright stop some people infringing it, and either don't know about, or turn a blind eye to others. There are no guarantees.
Alaneye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 09:27 AM   #3
BillT
Doh!

I guessed it may be something like that, thanks for the feedback. I'm not setting out to rip off IP, more understand the norms that apply in this side of the industry.
BillT is offline   Reply With Quote