Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Just The Facts... > Collection Corner

Old 03-31-2011, 01:35 PM   #1
Darkhumor
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

What's in YOUR collection?

Hello!

I'm new to this forum, and I've been viewing a lot of members collections. I have to say you guys have some magnificent pieces. My collection doesn't even come close to anybodies here.

I've seen an over abundance of Marvel pieces, Star Wars, and Sideshow pieces. Aside from these pieces, I want to see some rare statue pieces. I'd like to see pieces that are rarely ever seen, very limited quantities, and out of production. Pieces that I didn't know existed, If you have these pieces, would you care to share, and post pics of them.

I have about five pieces displayed in my Ikea glass display case, four of which are statues. I guess I'm going for more quality, than quantity route. I used to purchase statues that looked cool to me and spent a hefty amount of money, but then got an idea out of what I wanted out of my display, that I weeded out through most of the stuff that I really didn't care for.

My display theme is horror inspired animation, with a sense of humor to it. I generally collect pieces that are under 15'in. My display holds a Freddy Kreuger animaquette, standing behind a clueless, and startled blonde chick; wearing a camp crystal lake tshirt, and holding a Jason Voorhees doll.

A Jason Voorhees animaquette, lugging a girl around by a clamp of her ponytail.

A Marvel Zombies Spiderman/Mary Jane statue

A VERY RARE from the cover of the Ashes 2 Ashes comic, Ash Williams statue. I didn't know this piece even existed until I typed in Army of Darkness statue and this image pops up.

...and to complete the horror/humor theme, Chucky from childs play.

Darkhumor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 01:44 PM   #2
The_Confessor
Doh!

I have about 100 pieces, including a couple of rare bronzes. But I am going to cut back and sell many (not the bronzes) rarer pieces (GG 1:1 bust, blinding chrome Frankie Ray, gemstone Pitt, others). So some of the ones I'd show I've boxed for eventual sale.
The_Confessor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 02:47 PM   #3
Darkhumor
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Confessor View Post
I have about 100 pieces, including a couple of rare bronzes. But I am going to cut back and sell many (not the bronzes) rarer pieces (GG 1:1 bust, blinding chrome Frankie Ray, gemstone Pitt, others). So some of the ones I'd show I've boxed for eventual sale.
Nice! Are there any pieces in your collection that you're going to sell, that would fit well into my collection?
Darkhumor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 06:36 PM   #4
The_Confessor
Doh!

Well, I have the blinding chrome Frankie Ray and the Green Goblin full sized 1:1 Alex Ross sculpt I'm selling, for starters. PM me for more and I'll check what I've got to sell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkhumor View Post
Nice! Are there any pieces in your collection that you're going to sell, that would fit well into my collection?
The_Confessor is offline   Reply With Quote