Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Home Grown > Painter's Pit Stop

Old 08-03-2013, 09:25 PM   #1
Agähnim
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Paint brush only?

I'm looking to try and paint a statue for the first time. Its 1/6 scale and its all solid colors (no blending, skin tones, shadowing, etc.) which should make it somewhat simpler I hope.

I don't want to invest too much in tools and supplies because I'm not trying to make it a hobby of mine but, I wanted to sort of practice a bit in the event that I'm not completely satisfied with a paint job or just want to tweak it a bit.

Can I stick with using paint brushes only? If so, what are some brands you recommend (brush kits possibly)? And what paints seem to work best on statues?

Thanks
Agähnim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 09:29 PM   #2
Vince-Vell
Cosmic Painter
PainterModerator

You can use paint brushes, but have to slowly build colors, If you paint to thick will create brush strokes. If you do washes and keep building you can get a nice coat that is clean and no strokes, but will take a long time.

Stick to soft paint brushes, not the thick hard bristle ones. THere is tons of brushes, so cant give specific ones, just hit a hobby store, get a few different ones and test them out. Each painter will say that their fav brand is the best to use, but its always up to the paint to find what works for them best.
Vince-Vell is offline   Reply With Quote