Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

Old 11-11-2012, 01:32 AM   #1
OuttaSight
Savage Dragon

New PCSC Website

Discuss what you would like to see...or not see...in our new website.
OuttaSight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 01:37 AM   #2
s_paulik87
Green Lantern Corps

Hmm. I know I would like to see maybe an archive feature to separate what is still available and what is not. When I first started collecting and went to the PCSC site I thought all of the street fighter pictures advertised on the side were still available only to follow a link to Sideshow and have them be sold out xD

Keeping the shipping dates box updated with the new product.

Upcoming project section instead of posting sneaks here or on Facebook only.

A section for all of the sculptors and painters that work for you to show off their work on the pieces they have worked on for PCSC so it is clearly visible who worked on what.

A forum exclusive to the site might be pretty cool too... scratch that, it would be awesome!

I'm no website maker, just some suggestions I think might be cool =)
s_paulik87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 01:44 AM   #3
Batminator
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

A product archive with details and pictures, upcoming product news and/or a newsletter (but don't stop posting here!) and of course a shopping cart for PCS EX releases.
Batminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 01:48 AM   #4
sackboy
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batminator View Post
A product archive with details and pictures, upcoming product news and/or a newsletter (but don't stop posting here!) and of course a shopping cart for PCS EX releases.
sackboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 01:56 AM   #5
Joppula
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

Thank you for taking our input. It's why you are one of the (if not the) Best!

1) A pcsc fan art section! Let us share our best sculpts with you!

2) Some kind of annual contests. People who care and contribute the most can have an chance to win some Killer rare stuff. Maybe a chance to work on a sculpt with Jerry!

Plus what the gents above myself added. Shipping dates from 2009 still on the front page? That's a No, No. Keeping it fresh is a must.

Thanks again Jerry.
Joppula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 02:07 AM   #6
EnShinNoi
Midnighter

A public profile that displays your PCS product collection.

As an example, here's my Weta profile page;
http://www.wetanz.com/public-profile...affiliate=1521
EnShinNoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 02:44 AM   #7
dao2
Cyclops

Oh god... that flash banner.... seizure incoming
dao2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 04:03 AM   #8
derekrodneysim
Giganta

Location: In a country where inequality, oppression, corruption & racism reigns supreme
A write-up of the company's history and your experience as a profile would be good to bring PCS closer to the hearts of the fans that have yet to know how friendly and personable you are, Jerry. A lot of your potential customers aren't SF folk.

I don't see any other major brands doing that. You can be the first.
derekrodneysim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 04:27 AM   #9
Colossal
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

Jerry, you obviously have a unique brand and vision as a company, so having a little fun with standard layouts and content might be great - like video, a profile as others have mentioned, 'our journey' maybe, behind the scenes of some of the processes, much like those interesting snippets on Face Off!

But as a web designer myself, Id also like to see a bit more emphasis on eCommerce and buying direct from the new site if possible, with shop online being more of a focus, then seperating the rest of the site as you have (gallery, blog, news etc).

The hero carousel could be used to more effort for promotions, latest offerings and announcements (rather than just announce an online exclusive here, you could have a rotating carousel of say 5 banners, and one could have announced news about the sale of Reptile for example with a link to more info in the News section). I would definitely have that offer more than the one looping flash ad for sure - these banners could be updated at any time, say to announce a coming soon shipping date too, or a contest? I think this is the biggest change, as even your news articles from the homepage could be included here intermittently, allowing you to completely reshape the homepage to something with more upsell, and more fun.

To me at the moment, Im bombarded by information on the page, with the Products being relegated to the left hand side.

There's also no search feature, to either search by news article or product, so it limits me as a user to using the left strip which contains some products, or the top nav mega dropdown which you have to keep increasing to include every new offering at present.

An archive section to the shop would help newer audiences who havent been to the site, or know the sold out status of some of your older pieces.

For reassurance, accepted payment methods should be displayed, ideally in the footer, with social links also included on the site (facebook, twitter etc, which I believe you use).

A more dynamic gallery, integrated blog so you arent taken from the site, a contact form on the contact us page, and possibly incorporating concept sketches and artwork into the theme of the site as well as the product images could be great.

Finally, I found myself fascinated every time they referred to you on Face Off, with your experience in the industry, skillset while you worked and offered tips to the other contestants, so you are familiar with the camera - why not put a foreword out to customers on the about section, what brought you to the brands you offer, hopes for the future, the team etc - just to be not only unique but offer more insight into the reason for PCS and your own interest/tastes that got you to where you are as a company today.

PS: Having an area that expands on the product with concepts, WIPS and sketches, teasers that you've given here in the past, I think it really adds to the intrigue and development of the piece, almost like we took the journey with you. You only have to see something like -http://statueforum.com/showthread.php?t=129038 or even more developed in the Sideshow articles (I LOVED their background and artist info on the Jack the Ripper piece to be hoenst), it just brings me more into the world of the product and the brand.
Colossal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 06:28 AM   #10
SARFARAZ
I like Chicken Wings
Super Moderator

I want to see behind the scenes videos of your statues being sculpted, interviews with you and the other sculptors, more factory videos as well.

Oh and an update on the shipping dates, hehe