Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Gentle Giant

Old 09-05-2012, 06:23 PM   #1
superboylives
Mephisto

CCG Armory buyer beware

I just wanted to gives everyone a heads up before ordering from CCG armory. I ordered two sweet pea statues from them about 3 months ago and they arrived with the coat broken. I was disappointed, but I couldn't blame CCG for that. I asked for replacements and was told by Jeremy that they were sold out, but he could offer me a 20% discount on them. I asked if he could do 25% and he told me that he would get that processed later that day.

Everything was cool until I got my CC statement and there wasn't a discount on the statues. My future emails were ignored by CCG and I had to file a dispute with Amex. CCG told Amex that they had made no promises of a discount and Amex found in their favor. I then faxed Amex copies of my emails with Jeremy at CCG. Amex forwarded them to CCG and they never responded to Amex, so Amex settled in my favor after a 14 day wait.

CCG has really good prices on a lot of statues, but is it worth it if they try to cheat you out of $100? You expect a company to do the right thing, but obviously that's not part of CCG's business plan. I got my money back after waiting two months. But if I didn't have copies of the emails I would have been out of luck. Just a little warning to the other collectors out there about a less then pleasant experience. Gentle Giant may be a little more expensive, but at least they're not going to rip you off.
superboylives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 06:48 PM   #2
FROBAY
Phoenix

I ordered there 1 time and 1 time only. The product I ordered was suppose to be brand new, I received a obviously used hellboy bust.
FROBAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 07:53 PM   #3
Luminous
Cyclops

Damn, thanks for the heads up. The fact that they attempted to back out of that promised discount when approached by your CC company says everything I need to know about CCG. Will be avoided at all costs.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 09:26 PM   #4
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Ooh, don't even get me started on CCG Armory. That place should be out of business. They are nothing but a bunch of lying a$$ thieves, and I hate that retailer more than life itself. Everyone should take note, situations like Superboy described happen ALL THE TIME with them. Avoid at all costs, no matter how nice their online prices look.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 09:36 PM   #5
risingstar
Jedi Order

Good to know!
risingstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 10:01 PM   #6
Predator
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

Piece of mind always costs a little more.
Predator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 10:17 PM   #7
dechirico7
The Flash

Their website is never updated. You typically need to email them to find out if items are in stock before you order. And if you place an order for an in stock item and they don't have it, they don't let you know. You have to actually contact them. I've ordered bishoujos through them and had to play the same game. Also ordered the She-Hulk PF and that went smoothly.
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 10:19 PM   #8
Vince-Vell
Cosmic Painter
PainterModerator

I found out that they have all in their google searches their statues are free shipping, then when you get to their site and place a order its not free.

They rigged it so people come to their site and then charge shipping once the order is placed. I had to cancel a order from them doing this to me.
Vince-Vell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 11:20 AM   #9
Old Man Logan
U talkin' to me?

Yeah CCG is terrible. I ordered 2 Kotos from them, one was supposed to be released in a month or two. In the email it said that the in stock item wouldnt ship until the preordered item releases. Well about a month after the preordered statue released I finally had to play the email game with them for a few weeks to even get a response. Then they tell me the preordered item is in and ready to ship, but they somehow sold out of the item that was in stock when I placed my order. Freaking amateurs!
Old Man Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 12:03 PM   #10
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Man Logan View Post
Yeah CCG is terrible. I ordered 2 Kotos from them, one was supposed to be released in a month or two. In the email it said that the in stock item wouldnt ship until the preordered item releases. Well about a month after the preordered statue released I finally had to play the email game with them for a few weeks to even get a response. Then they tell me the preordered item is in and ready to ship, but they somehow sold out of the item that was in stock when I placed my order. Freaking amateurs!
Yep, they played the similar game with me, only my item as actually listed as "in stock" when I placed my order. I sat around for like 2 weeks, and it still hadn't shipped. I had to e-mail them multiple times about why my "in stock" item still hadn't shipped out after weeks of waiting.

I finally got a response in the form of lies and bullsh**. They said they actually didn't have any in stock, that it had supposedly sold out the day before I placed my order and they weren't getting anymore of that item.

Then, I demanded to know why my money wasn't refunded, since they said they had sold out the day before (and they stated they weren't getting anymore in stock), and their response was that they assumed I wanted to wait until more came in???? Are you kidding? They had just told me they weren't getting anymore in. I then demanded my money be returned and eventually had to go to PayPal to get it back. Funny how as soon as I involved PayPal, the refund was issued instantly.

Never, ever again.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote