Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > General Discussion

Old 12-18-2015, 05:32 PM   #1
MrJones
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Biggest regret or frustration as a collector

I'm sure we all have that statue or item that has always managed to escape our grasp or that you may have had a chance to get and didn't... and then you regret it BIG time! I have a morbid curiosity of what you guys regret!

I'll share mine:

My 2 biggest regrets - when I first started collecting I was only really buying 1/6 and MB. At a local spot I saw the SS Deadpool PF and Carnage Comiquette for $450 and $500 respectively. Canadian! I waited too long, didn't buy either of them, and now they haunt my dreams. I should have put them both on the credit card and dealt with it later. On eBay you can't get one for less than a grand.

Big frustration actually happened today and inspired this post - saw a great mini bust I wanted on an ad where the guy is trying to sell 3 different ones on a buy and sell site, expressed interest, the guy went back and forth but now says someone might buy all 3 tomorrow so no dice for me. I can't blame him as it's a chance to sell all 3 as a package, but still sucks for me. Had my hopes up.

What are your guys regrets/frustrations?
MrJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2015, 09:42 PM   #2
strife87
Spider-Ham

Biggest regret was selling my first statues, only had three and money was really tight when my son was born so I sold them to pay the hospital bills... pcs ryu regular and exclusive and my flawless shin akuma. Now this year I have repurchased two of the three but it was WAY more costly to replace them now than when I sold them. Annoys me most because I didn't want to sell them in the first place....
strife87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2015, 10:40 PM   #3
risingstar
Jedi Order

I can't really say I've had huge regrets. However, I have made some impulse buys in the past, most notably the Bowen faux bronze statues. Boy, did I fall for that hype. Thankfully, I sold them all off while cash can still be made off of them.
risingstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2015, 12:19 AM   #4
One Above All
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

sometimes when a statue is first revealed, you do not get the feeling to want to own it.

but after a few years, you kinda understand the statue and must own it but by that time it is too expensive

mine is the classic museum black panther by bowen

and the colossus statue by Bowen

One Above All is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2015, 02:08 AM   #5
ratchet
Mandarin

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar View Post
I can't really say I've had huge regrets. However, I have made some impulse buys in the past, most notable the Bowen faux bronze statues. Boy, did I fall for that hype. Thankfully, I sold them all off while cash can still be made off of them.
I never understood that line. I thought most of them looked to cheesy to pick up.

Thankfully I don't have any real regrets - I only bought what I wanted and always kept myself at a budget. I stayed true to that - tried not to get caught up in the hype - which admittedly was really hard sometimes - but ultimately it served me well.
ratchet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2015, 02:26 AM   #6
CessnaDriver
Suicide Squad

Regrets. Not much.
Frustration?
More room!
CessnaDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2015, 08:19 AM   #7
joefixit2
Baron Zemo

Even though I don't collect statues anymore, I do regret getting the Bowen site Hulk from a few years ago. And there are of course some Hulk OA pages I regret not just going for.
joefixit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2015, 10:05 AM   #8
Vecchio1
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Starting this hobby earlier when some were less expensive. The SS Spiderman com and Galactus lsb escaped me and I'm not willing to pay the price.
Vecchio1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2015, 11:37 AM   #9
Dirt Torpedo
The Thunderbolts

Passing on the Suckerpunch Gentle Giant girls is my biggest regret.
Dirt Torpedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2015, 04:10 PM   #10
CommanderZx2
Hellboy

My biggest regret is buying black-brown coloured Ikea bestas, because they're really difficult to light well and when the lights are off they're incredibly dark inside.

I started off with getting two and then when I needed more I didn't want to suddenly change to white, because then it wouldn't colour match. Now I wish I started off with white bestas, they're so much nicer looking.
CommanderZx2 is offline   Reply With Quote