Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comics

Old 07-23-2005, 01:47 PM   #1
MiamiLoco
BD is the best (and I'm not talkin' about Bowen Designs)!!!

Absolute (Blank)??

ok, I think Sam suggested a whole thread devoted to this so I'll start it. If you guys had one choice to publish an "Absolute" book, what would you put out? My pick would be "Absolute Preacher." The only thing is that there were about 66 issues plus some one-shots, so this would be around 6 volumes. This collection would also include the Fabry cover art book.

So, what would you guys pick? Remember the "Absolute" line only prints D.C./Wildstorm books.
MiamiLoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2005, 02:01 PM   #2
Sam Wilson
Samurai Vato

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiLoco
ok, I think Sam suggested a whole thread devoted to this so I'll start it. If you guys had one choice to publish an "Absolute" book, what would you put out? My pick would be "Absolute Preacher." The only thing is that there were about 66 issues plus some one-shots, so this would be around 6 volumes. This collection would also include the Fabry cover art book.

So, what would you guys pick? Remember the "Absolute" line only prints D.C./Wildstorm books.
never knew you were a preacher fan brother. Preacher was my #1 book for a loooong time. I got wktf to pick up a couple of trades of it...

I think Preacher could be done in 4 volumes, three for the main series and 1 for all the one-shots and the "st. of killer's" LS. But hell, I'd buy it if they did it in 8 volumes .

I of course would like them to collect the rest of Planetary when it finishes in another few issues, which I'm sure they'll do.

And I think DC should do like marvel, release a bunch of "Visionary" absolute editions, like "George Perez absolute" (that would be my #1), they are already doing an "Alex Ross" type absolute (collecting all those tabloid size comics). I think Warren Ellis/Tom Raneys Stormwatch deserves "absolute" treatment as well.
Sam Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2005, 02:05 PM   #3
Comicboy
Deadman

Huge Preacher fan here! I'd buy anything about that series. Sam, new Planetary any good? I have all the originals and loved the first arc. Absolute Perez and Absolute Neil Adams.
Comicboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2005, 02:07 PM   #4
Sam Wilson
Samurai Vato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comicboy
Huge Preacher fan here! I'd buy anything about that series. Sam, new Planetary any good? I have all the originals and loved the first arc.
Yeah, I reviewed it a couple of weeks ago if you wanna check the old reviews. The only thing is, it doesn't come out to often, so it's easy to "loose" the story if you know what I mean, so it's almost better reading them when they are collected. The last issue had the origin of the "drummer".
Old 07-23-2005, 02:12 PM   #5
Comicboy
Deadman

Yeah I know where your coming from there. One of the reasons I got out was they are always late. Isn't waiting 1 month enough? I'll have to get into some trades here in the future. Good thing is if I decide to pick up some lines again I've only been out like 6-7 months.
Old 07-23-2005, 02:17 PM   #6
galactus
Cosmic Art Collector
Adamantium Plus Member

Preacher and Sandman would be my first choices. The only two DC books that I actively push people to read.
galactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2005, 02:24 PM   #7
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Walking Dead.
Old 07-23-2005, 02:26 PM   #8
Comicboy
Deadman

Preacher, Sandman, Watchmen! Figure you might see a Crisis on Infinite Earths in there? The Sandman collection would be huge! I have all the trades and that alone is huge.
Old 07-23-2005, 02:27 PM   #9
Comicboy
Deadman

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr3bagshotrow
Walking Dead.
How many are they up to now? I have the first trade, just waiting for the rest now. The first trade got me hooked.
Old 07-23-2005, 02:43 PM   #10
Sam Wilson
Samurai Vato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comicboy
Preacher, Sandman, Watchmen! Figure you might see a Crisis on Infinite Earths in there? The Sandman collection would be huge! I have all the trades and that alone is huge.
yo G, both Crisis and Watchmen are coming out in absolute edition this fall. The crisis is two volumes and includes all the "indexes", and the Watchmen absolute includes all the graphitti design silpcase extras.